West Base on Fjords broken?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

bradleytank #1 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11372 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

With the reworked to HD Fjords map, I've been having a very low win rate when I spawn on the western base in my experience. The eastern base easily takes the north and the middle, crossfiring anyone from the western base that tries to contest them. The eastern base has almost absolute control over the fields in the north of the map, because of the crossfire created by taking the middle hill and the northern mountain pass. In the meantime, the western base has no destinct advantage anywhere else, so it starts on the backfoot and relies on winning the south end of the map through old-fashioned trading and player skill (not something I would like to rely on in a random) or on western base players to set up a perfect crossfire if the eastern base tries to push the northern fields (again: player skill and teamplay in a random?)

A visual representation: (the red line is the division of average map control between the bases in the first minute of the game)

Edited by bradleytank, 26 June 2018 - 05:22 PM.

Flid_Merchant #2 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9647 battles
Artillery also has much better lines of fire from the East.

_b_ #3 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

I actually like the west side the most. In E5 you can shot those going round to J5. And if you have ppl in F2 there is the option to go up and get that hill...

But....being random battles..anything can go wrong and at times does :D

tank276 #4 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
You are right, east spawn is way more powerful for my tastes too.

Steve8066 #5 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles
East is only too strong if West doesnt get a spotter in the small group of trees on B7 or anyone in the covered position on E5. When ive been West and weve done that, weve won most of the times i can remember.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

View Postbradleytank, on 26 June 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

With the reworked to HD Fjords map, I've been having a very low win rate when I spawn on the western base in my experience. The eastern base easily takes the north and the middle, crossfiring anyone from the western base that tries to contest them. The eastern base has almost absolute control over the fields in the north of the map, because of the crossfire created by taking the middle hill and the northern mountain pass. In the meantime, the western base has no destinct advantage anywhere else, so it starts on the backfoot and relies on winning the south end of the map through old-fashioned trading and player skill (not something I would like to rely on in a random) or on western base players to set up a perfect crossfire if the eastern base tries to push the northern fields (again: player skill and teamplay in a random?)

A visual representation: (the red line is the division of average map control between the bases in the first minute of the game)

This map was supposedly changed in the last update.

As you correctly identified, the west / north spawn always loses. 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/06/01/1-0-2-map-design-improvements/

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18138 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostBordhaw, on 26 June 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

This map was supposedly changed in the last update.

As you correctly identified, the west / north spawn always loses. 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/06/01/1-0-2-map-design-improvements/

Played this map on Sunday, 2 platoons from the clan, 1 on each team, all in Cromwell B's. West side got the spots on at B7, waited for support and allowed our BP to lead, then we rushed the B7/8 gap, It was fun to watch our clan mates running for their lives. We killed them, and their arty, then went back to secure our base and mop up. Nice win for the West team. 

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44771 battles

one of the most unbalanced map of the game, remove it ..eastern base almost always win as i can seen when i play this map 

another failmap from wg, nothing new 

PervyPastryPuffer #9 Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31014 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

East base should be in the northeast corner, west base in the southwest corner.

I'm curious how that would work out.

All in all, this map is by far the hardest to balance...

KillingJoker #10 Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Some weeks ago i opened a topic for the same matter, the map is obviously broken, the middle is badly designed and completely favors the eastern team...

the old fjords, had a more interesting middle, there were big rocks that could be used as cover, and the terrain was split by slight elevation that would fully conceal the push over the north path.

the current map is completely broken, not only the East team can camp and chose when to attack, as the West team cant push any area except J4... the East teams will only lose if they are stupid to not take the hill and scout the middle, while the west team will have to struggle and play well and coordinated to manage to push from the center, since basically there are not many other chances. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users