• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39208 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi all

The crew in my T71 CMCD (possibly my favourite LT at the mo) is just coming to the end of skill 4 and I find myself in a quandary as to what to give them next.

Current layout is as follows:

Commander: BIA + SS + Camo + Recon.

Gunner:         BIA + Deadeye + Camo + Snapshot.

Driver:            BIA + Clutch Braking + Camo + Smooth Ride.

Loader:          BIA + Safe Stowage + Camo + Repairs.

I'm thinking Situational Awareness for the Commander - Repairs for the Gunner - Off Road Driving for the Driver & swapping out Repairs for Adrenaline Rush on the Loader & starting repairs again.

The alternative is to give everyone repairs but I'm not 100% sure.

Thoughts?

CircleOfSorrow #2 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
I think you should take SA before Recon.  I think that off road driving improves acceleration on softer surface types as well as increasing hull rotation rate, so should be chosen before clutch braking.  I think smooth ride affects bloom by 3% when driving absolutely straight, so I never choose it at all.  I think that snapshot affects bloom by 7% whenever the turret rotates, so is very useful. I have adrenaline rush on a few of my vehicles and cannot remember it ever being useful.  Repairs is useful when your turret gets damaged and can't rotate, and when a high alpha TD tracks you and you are able to get them back up before they can take another shot.

If I were you, I would take situation awareness on the commander and repair straight after, repair on the gunner and driver, and I would take fire fighting on the loader if you use rations, or sure, take AR otherwise.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39208 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 26 June 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

I think you should take SA before Recon. I think that off road driving improves acceleration on softer surface types as well as increasing hull rotation rate, so should be chosen before clutch braking. I think smooth ride affects bloom by 3% when driving absolutely straight, so I never choose it at all. I think that snapshot affects bloom by 7% whenever the turret rotates, so is very useful. I have adrenaline rush on a few of my vehicles and cannot remember it ever being useful. Repairs is useful when your turret gets damaged and can't rotate, and when a high alpha TD tracks you and you are able to get them back up before they can take another shot.

If I were you, I would take situation awareness on the commander and repair straight after, repair on the gunner and driver, and I would take fire fighting on the loader if you use rations, or sure, take AR otherwise.

Aye, don't use rations on this, so won't bother with fire fighting but the rest makes sense.

I must admit, I don't tend to go for repairs on LT's - but may be worth a change around - don't generally live long enough to need to repair my tank:child:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51406 battles
Repairs can really make the difference between a very good battle and a quick and horrible death. Your view range and tracks are your main assets. So as CircleOfSorrow said, SA and repairs are the best options for that crew.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30589 battles

Situational Awareness will let you spot that little bit better so that's the main one but I'd keep repairs on the loader and just train up Firefighting instead. Adrenaline rush really isn't that useful. How often do you get to under 10% hitpoints to be able to make use of it?

Firefighting would at least be passively useful now and you can trade it with something better when it hits 100% while still keeping use of your repairs now which are more likely to keep you alive than Adrenaline rush ever will.

Homer_J #6 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29757 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 26 June 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Commander: BIA + SS + Camo + Recon.

I'm thinking Situational Awareness for the Commander 

Thoughts?

Situational awareness gives more view range boost than recon (3% vs 2%).  I'm not sure the recon effect on damaged optics is worth having at all.  So you should have gone for situational awareness first.

Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39208 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 26 June 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Situational Awareness will let you spot that little bit better so that's the main one but I'd keep repairs on the loader and just train up Firefighting instead. Adrenaline rush really isn't that useful. How often do you get to under 10% hitpoints to be able to make use of it?

Firefighting would at least be passively useful now and you can trade it with something better when it hits 100% while still keeping use of your repairs now which are more likely to keep you alive than Adrenaline rush ever will.

You would be surprised how often that happen...or maybe u wouldn't:hiding:

Think ur right tho, will stick with repairs on loader

View PostHomer_J, on 26 June 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

Situational awareness gives more view range boost than recon (3% vs 2%).  I'm not sure the recon effect on damaged optics is worth having at all.  So you should have gone for situational awareness first.

Seems to be the common theme - think I'll trade them next time it's 50% off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users