Petition to WG rename CCCP clan name from game

rename CCCP clan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

Poll: CCCP clan name (87 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should CCCP clan name be renamed?

1. CCCP should be renamed (33 votes [36.26%])

Percentage of vote: 36.26%

2. CCCP is OK (58 votes [63.74%])

Percentage of vote: 63.74%

Vote Hide poll

Keyanu #41 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9471 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

This is a shining example of modern society. People getting all upset over something historical. Can you imagine this sort of thing years ago? You would have been told to 'man up' and get on with it. The fact you have interpreted CCCP in the way you have might not mean the same to everyone else?

For example, could be Cool Curly Cucumbers Patrol

Edited by Keyanu, 27 June 2018 - 04:10 PM.

Robbie_T #42 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15731 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well personally i think they should keep there name

BUT i had to take a name change also my first name was RobbieTaliban played 8 months under that name 

Than 1 day i made a ticket for something and WG didnt fix that  but forced me to name change.

What is not Fair because the Taliban are now a legal party in Afghanistan.(im no Afghan)its my RL street nickname.

So for the guy who is complaining they should change that clan name they did the same to me

mystikro #43 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKeyanu, on 27 June 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

This is a shining example of modern society. People getting all upset over something historical. Can you imagine this sort of thing years ago? You would have been told to 'man up' and get on with it. The fact you have interpreted CCCP in the way you have might not mean the same to everyone else?

For example, could be Cool Curly Cucumbers Patrol

Yes, and SS would Super Snipers, care to try that clan name please?

88 would be a clan that loves the 88 gun on the tiger and the requirement would be to have the Tiger I in the garage and do team battles with only that tank.

55 could be a clan for players that are now 55 years old.

Can you do that please? And then come back and tell me who is exagerating if you get banned by WG? It's funny how you have high expectation from only one side.

Edited by mystikro, 27 June 2018 - 04:25 PM.

pecopad #44 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22939 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postmystikro, on 27 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Yes. Now make a clan named SS 88 or 55. It that's not ok, then CCCP is not ok either, at least for the fact that the commies have a 7:1 ratio vs nazis when it comes to genocide.

That is a quite ignorant post....

What Nazis did has hardly any comparison in recent human history, enslaving 10% of its own population and the deliberate assassination of several million of people, and starting a war that ended with the death of 10's of millions, including his own people.

Now, regarding Stalin's regime, its was a bloody regime, yes,no doubt it was, but so it was the English Empire and the actions of Churchill in India... and Yes the so "alleged" Ukrainian genocide is extremely close to what the English did the Bengali, happens even that while the Stalin-Ukrainian famine was politically motivated while the Churchill-Bengali was racial.

Regarding the Stalin Gulags, you have to remember that first Gulags have a long history in Russia and that the deaths on the dark period of the URSS amount to 1 million, very far from the number they did in Nazi Germany, and were never a pillar nor fundamental to the soviet war effort, while in the case of the Nazi's they were in essential to the war efforts.

Another fundamental difference is the level of civilization and development of the country, while the Nazi's took over a country which was highly democratic and civilized, the Soviets took over a country where the society was feudal.

There are some (few) parallels you can find between Stalin and Hitler, buts many more things set them apart, even the way the war was raged because terror was instrumental to the Nazi occupation (with the trials starting in the Spanish civil war), while in the case of of the Soviets (and Republicans in Spain) the terror was a reaction to the other's side actions, etc

Headless_Rooster #45 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10305 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

88 & 55 are offensive now?

wtf? is there a webpage where I can learn about what to be offended about thesedays? I tried google "88 or 55 offensive" but it comes back with a load of american football topics :amazed:

pecopad #46 Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22939 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 27 June 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

88 & 55 are offensive now?

wtf? is there a webpage where I can learn about what to be offended about thesedays? I tried google "88 or 55 offensive" but it comes back with a load of american football topics :amazed:

What is rendered offensive is actually quite strange, for example one of the strongest supporters of Hitler and the Forced labor policies, which even engendered the VW scam to finance the resurgent of the Nazi Army, was Ferdinand Porsche...

Yet very few (apart from me) find the Porsche name offensive....

Edited by pecopad, 27 June 2018 - 04:57 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #47 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30542 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postpeekakilla, on 27 June 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

i feel you my man, this world is horrible, i still cant understand how some people love to put pineapple on a pizza :amazed:

I love pineapple on pizza. :great:

I also love sweetcorn on pizza. :great:

You can't hate it until you try it. The pineapple is crunchy and sweet, and the corn is just sweet. :) Interesting flavors.

Jabba_The_Mutt #48 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4525 battles

View Postpecopad, on 27 June 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

What is rendered offensive is actually quite strange, for example one of the strongest supporters of Hitler and the Forced labor policies, which even engendered the VW scam to finance the resurgent of the Nazi Army, was Ferdinand Porsche...

Yet very few (apart from me) find the Porsche name offensive....

And I find Caesar salads quite offensive.....but at the same time very tasty. Help me interwebz please:confused:

Infektid #49 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40580 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
If someone gets offended by this.... the world is lost.....

CircleOfSorrow #50 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29038 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 27 June 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I love pineapple on pizza. :great:

I also love sweetcorn on pizza. :great:

You can't hate it until you try it. The pineapple is crunchy and sweet, and the corn is just sweet. :) Interesting flavors.

I've never understood people's objections to certain toppings on pizza.  A pizza is essentially bread with topping...a sandwich with all the bread on the bottom and toasted...except for calzones, which are mana from heaven with the right sauce...

ps - I like ham and pineapple pizza a lot...

jabster #51 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 27 June 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I've never understood people's objections to certain toppings on pizza.  A pizza is essentially bread with topping...a sandwich with all the bread on the bottom and toasted...except for calzones, which are mana from heaven with the right sauce...

ps - I like ham and pineapple pizza a lot...

Can’t say I like it myself but it is the classic fat plus acid.

mystikro #52 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpecopad, on 27 June 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

What Nazis did has hardly any comparison in recent human history, enslaving 10% of its own population and the deliberate assassination of several million of people, and starting a war that ended with the death of 10's of millions, including his own people.

Now, regarding Stalin's regime, its was a bloody regime, yes,no doubt it was, but so it was the English Empire and the actions of Churchill in India... and Yes the so "alleged" Ukrainian genocide is extremely close to what the English did the Bengali, happens even that while the Stalin-Ukrainian famine was politically motivated while the Churchill-Bengali was racial.

Regarding the Stalin Gulags, you have to remember that first Gulags have a long history in Russia and that the deaths on the dark period of the URSS amount to 1 million, very far from the number they did in Nazi Germany, and were never a pillar nor fundamental to the soviet war effort, while in the case of the Nazi's they were in essential to the war efforts.

Another fundamental difference is the level of civilization and development of the country, while the Nazi's took over a country which was highly democratic and civilized, the Soviets took over a country where the society was feudal.

There are some (few) parallels you can find between Stalin and Hitler, buts many more things set them apart, even the way the war was raged because terror was instrumental to the Nazi occupation (with the trials starting in the Spanish civil war), while in the case of of the Soviets (and Republicans in Spain) the terror was a reaction to the other's side actions, etc

The only one ignorant is you.

https://informationi...-century-death/

https://infobeautifu...on_fullsize.png

Infektid #53 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40580 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Since we are talking about pizza and being this site the nº1 place for the Brussel sprouts coinosseurs I would like to present this savoury delicatessen

Pizza with sprouts

anonym_dVwoUbGaKrn9 #54 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postpecopad, on 27 June 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

What Soviets did has hardly any comparison in recent human history, enslaving and deporting millions of its own population and the deliberate assassination of several million of people, and signing the Molotov-Ribbendrop Pact with nazis and then siding with them to invade Poland, a war that ended with the death of 10's of millions, including his own people.

Now, regarding Hitler's regime, its was a bloody regime, yes,no doubt it was, but so it was the Soviet Union and the actions of Stalin in Eastern Europe... and Yes the so "alleged" Holocaust is extremely close to what the Soviets did in the Ukraine(Holodomor).

Regarding the Hitler's workcamps, you have to remember that first camps have a long history in Europe and that the deaths on the dark period of the Germany amount to 3 million, very far from the number they did in Soviet Union.

Another fundamental difference is the level of civilization and development of the country, while in the Nazi occupied countries life quality stayed same, the Soviet occupation brought poverty, hunger and deportation.

There are some (few) parallels you can find between Stalin and Hitler, buts many more things set them apart, even the way the war was raged because terror was instrumental to the Soviet occupation, while in the case of of the Nazis the terror was a reaction to the other's side actions, etc

See, you could write the same from """nazi""" point of view.

Enforcer1975 #55 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpecopad, on 27 June 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Brother Stalin killed more bit since he was one of the winners he can change history as he saw fit. 

In any case not one nation in Europe has a clean record. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 27 June 2018 - 05:57 PM.

Headless_Rooster #56 Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10305 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI
All wars are bankers wars, but everyone seems to get upset about their puppets.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #57 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24376 battles
There are some proper bellends showing up in this thread.

8126Jakobsson #58 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 65160 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 27 June 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

There's a 'Vikings', clan.

I demand that they are disbanded and removed from WoT.

Vikings were well known for their raping and pillaging.

Fake history made up by bitter loser people. The Vikings were peaceful merchants that sailed around the word to trade and share culture. Problems could occur when native women wanted to be with the super handsome nords instead of their weak small ugly men and things had to be dealt with. That's all. 

jabster #59 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 27 June 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Fake history made up by bitter loser people. The Vikings were peaceful merchants that sailed around the word to trade and share culture. Problems could occur when native women wanted to be with the super handsome nords instead of their weak small ugly men and things had to be dealt with. That's all. 

I’ve learnt all my history from Amazon Prime and I can say that you’re wrong.

MeNoobTank #60 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11018 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

I kinda agree with OP, also Defender has the Soviet symbol of Hammer and Stickle which I find very offensive and I see no point in including it on the tank ? 

But why this hypocrisy ? Well beacuse:

1) West people do not care about soviet genocide because they where not affected by it, only the eastern Europe.

2) Russians where victorious in WW2 and V write history as previous posts stated

3) Germany apologized and acknowledged the atrocities produced by the Nazi regime but the russians did not. They still glorify Lenin and Stalin is considered war hero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users