Jump to content


Am i braindead?

yes its a coupon

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Emeraldweed #1 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

Posted Image

 

Went to buy my monthly premium account and some gold to  sustain my needs  for the next month, then i remembered about the coupon that i usually laugh at and ignore. upon looking at my options i noticed this, a premium tank, a month of premium and more than enough gold  some lame reserves + the 1 mil credits for 5 beers extra, well its summer so less beer belly the better. 

 

But ofc WG at it's finest, i cant use the coupon on that offer because reasons. 

 

I just fail to see why am unable to use this. The price tag is well beyond the coupon threshold,  the coupon doesn't offer a discount upon a discount ( which is usually the case with discount coupons - logic ) i pay higher than the coupon threshold-> i should get the mil

 

Feel free to break me the news


Edited by Emeraldweed, 27 June 2018 - 03:31 PM.


Kozzy #2 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
The small print probably says "This coupon may not be used during any purchase of something a player would actually find useful or want".

Emeraldweed #3 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostKozzy, on 27 June 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

The small print probably says "This coupon may not be used during any purchase of something a player would actually find useful or want".

 

Posted Image truly wished it was the case, well they can shove that ''any'' up thei- *sees his 2 warning points* well nvm

DracheimFlug #4 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostEmeraldweed, on 27 June 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

Posted Image truly wished it was the case, well they can shove that ''any'' up thei- *sees his 2 warning points* well nvm

 

There is almost always a disclaimer that said coupon cannot be used on any discounted or temporarily available item. It has to be used on the regular stock, not on the 'special' stock and yes that tends to equate to 'only on the stuff you already have or do not want.' Even if it does not explicitly state that, I would assume that to be in place.

Cannes76 #5 Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 66450 battles
  • 1,721
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
When WG first introduced Coupons they could be used on everything and people used them to great effect getting 50% or more discounts on stuffs. WG likes its money, so now coupons are completely useless.

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 66281 battles
  • 3,346
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostCannes76, on 27 June 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

When WG first introduced Coupons they could be used on everything and people used them to great effect getting 50% or more discounts on stuffs. WG likes its money, so now coupons are completely useless.

 

Which is a pretty damn bad move if you ask me. Surely me buying their digital stuff at 50% off would be better than me not buying anything at all. But I'm no businessman. 

Bigtime_Alarm #7 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18109 battles
  • 356
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013
To answer your original question , you play wot so yes there is compelling evidence that you are braindead just like the rest of us.

Emeraldweed #8 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 27 June 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

 

Which is a pretty damn bad move if you ask me. Surely me buying their digital stuff at 50% off would be better than me not buying anything at all. But I'm no businessman. 

 

well i went for the  30 prem + 6k gold one  so they lost 20euros from their greed

EVILpanzer #9 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16833 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011
Yes pls stop these stupid coupons that gives you nothing...

DracheimFlug #10 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
I have to agree that the coupons are pretty silly, especially for those of who already have pretty much all the regular stock. As I recall gold is excluded from the coupon eligibility too... 

OIias_of_Sunhillow #11 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24515 battles
  • 2,543
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
No poll ?

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20283 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostEmeraldweed, on 27 June 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

 

Went to buy my monthly premium account and some gold to  sustain my needs  for the next month, then i remembered about the coupon that i usually laugh at and ignore. upon looking at my options i noticed this, a premium tank, a month of premium and more than enough gold  some lame reserves + the 1 mil credits for 5 beers extra, well its summer so less beer belly the better.

 

But ofc WG at it's finest, i cant use the coupon on that offer because reasons.

 

I just fail to see why am unable to use this. The price tag is well beyond the coupon threshold,  the coupon doesn't offer a discount upon a discount ( which is usually the case with discount coupons - logic ) i pay higher than the coupon threshold-> i should get the mil

 

Feel free to break me the news

 

Yeah theres so many exclusions to their coupons I don't think I have bothered with one for about a year


I think gold is one of the few things they actually work on, but as they load almost every bundle with ridiculous amounts of gold now anyway I doubt many people would need to buy "just" gold

Theres been a few times I wasn't going to bother getting a tank or bundle and though hey I have a coupon, checked to find it cant be used and then didn't bother again so I suspect their ridiculous list of restrictions are meaning they probably lose more sales than giving these crippled pointless tokens out actually generates
 

LCpl_Jones #13 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9770 battles
  • 712
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

.......shitty 'coupons' and 'deals'

 

their marketing/sales/devs/mods make it real easy to not spend money on this game :coin:



Aikl #14 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:45 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25530 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

You're likely of sound mind. The non-working coupon is an omen. Buy beer.

...realistically it's probably because coupons have so stupid/weird restrictions that they have to manually 'approve' offers/items to work with a given coupon. 

 

(This reminds me how, I believe, a few players mysteriously didn't get the chance to buy the EVEN 90 because they had one of those 'universal' anniversary coupons.)

 

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 27 June 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

 

Which is a pretty damn bad move if you ask me. Surely me buying their digital stuff at 50% off would be better than me not buying anything at all. But I'm no businessman. 

 

​Pretty silly indeed, especially considering how patient and lucky someone would need to be to get ~50% off on something.

 

Reasons beyond that are hard to guess. Maybe 50% off would make players wait to buy stuff. I can sure see 'impulse' as an important factor for Wargaming nowadays - considering the 24-hour sales of 'rare' tanks and the premium exclusive sales of new vehicles.


Edited by Aikl, 30 June 2018 - 01:55 AM.


Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20283 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostAikl, on 30 June 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

You're likely of sound mind. The non-working coupon is an omen. Buy beer.

...realistically it's probably because coupons have so stupid/weird restrictions that they have to manually 'approve' offers/items to work with a given coupon.

 

(This reminds me how, I believe, a few players mysteriously didn't get the chance to buy the EVEN 90 because they had one of those 'universal' anniversary coupons.)

 

 

​Pretty silly indeed, especially considering how patient and lucky someone would need to be to get ~50% off on something.

 

Reasons beyond that are hard to guess. Maybe 50% off would make players wait to buy stuff. I can sure see 'impulse' as an important factor for Wargaming nowadays - considering the 24-hour sales of 'rare' tanks and the premium exclusive sales of new vehicles.

 

None of which changes the question nor the problem


If you purchase the bundle you get 9 Bovington cammos, if you can ONLY have 9 installed, 3 for each season the whether you win 2, 3 or even just one still means they are cammos that cant be used anyway, or vice versa if someone wins the bundle whether it has 6 or 9 it still makes the bundle unuseable by a third or 2 thirds. Either way me misreading the quantity doesn't alter it claiming only 9 in total can ever be used

8126Jakobsson #16 Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 66281 battles
  • 3,346
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostAikl, on 30 June 2018 - 01:45 AM, said:

Pretty silly indeed, especially considering how patient and lucky someone would need to be to get ~50% off on something.

 

Reasons beyond that are hard to guess. Maybe 50% off would make players wait to buy stuff. I can sure see 'impulse' as an important factor for Wargaming nowadays - considering the 24-hour sales of 'rare' tanks and the premium exclusive sales of new vehicles.

 

Impulse is the goddess of shopping. And by impulse I mean psychological manipulation into getting people to buy stuff they don't really need. Time limitation as you mention is indeed a good trigger but nothing beats a big red (important choice of colour btw) sign declaring a discount. Here they are handing out big red discounts to the person in form of coupons...aaaand they pretty much can't be used. I don't get it. Thanks, I guess? :P  



Lissa_1866 #17 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17961 battles
  • 4
  • [VIP] VIP
  • Member since:
    03-24-2014
I hab the same problem. I received this cupon, bought the Centurion package and got nothing. I opened a ticket yesterday and just received a corteous reply. It said that it was a mistake and that the 1 Mil. was already credited to my account. So dont give up and open a ticket. I always found them friendly and efficient. Good luck.

Dorander #18 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18116 battles
  • 2,685
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 June 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

 

There is almost always a disclaimer that said coupon cannot be used on any discounted or temporarily available item. It has to be used on the regular stock, not on the 'special' stock and yes that tends to equate to 'only on the stuff you already have or do not want.' Even if it does not explicitly state that, I would assume that to be in place.

 

It's most likely this yes, I got a 30% discount coupon a while back and it had this same clause, and I couldn't use it on whatever it was I'd intended to use it on. So I curiously browsed to check the store to see what wasn't discounted, and nearly everything is "discounted" because you "save" if you buy package "deals". The fact that these supposed discounts are entirely fictional basically means that you can't actually use your discount on things Wargaming doesn't want you to use your discount on, which then obviously devalues the coupon.

 

I think in the end I used my 30% discount on a small pile of gold, which I then used to buy the premium time I wanted, 'cause buying the premium time I wanted with my coupon was impossible, or something equally silly.

 

Couple of days later I got another coupon for 20% and I let it rot.



MaxxyNL #19 Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11349 battles
  • 979
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013

Just received a useless 20% coupon for doing well in my ELC EVEN 90...... Only thing this coupon can be used for is Premium Tanks (not the on sale ones of course), not Premium Time or Gold...

I already have the majority of the Premium Tanks that are available, so i was going to spend my money on gold or Premium Time, but it seems WG does not want my money, atleast not in combo with the 20% coupon..

 

WG.. :facepalm:


Edited by MaxxyNL, 02 July 2018 - 02:57 PM.


Dorander #20 Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18116 battles
  • 2,685
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostMaxxyNL, on 02 July 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Just received a useless 20% coupon for doing well in my ELC EVEN 90...... Only thing this coupon can be used for is Premium Tanks (not the on sale ones of course), not Premium Time or Gold...

I already have the majority of the Premium Tanks that are available, so i was going to spend my money on gold or Premium Time, but it seems WG does not want my money, atleast not in combo with the 20% coupon..

 

WG.. :facepalm:

 

Well the inevitable goal of a sale is not to get you to buy a discounted product, but to get you to the store and buy a more expensive product after all, or other products that you may want in addition to the sale. Like 8126Jakobsson wrote, it's all about psychological manipulation. Discounts ultimately are meant to serve the seller, not the buyer (though that doesn't mean you can't use discounts to your advantage as a buyer).




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users