Jump to content


Trading old premium tank for gold


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Metalsniper #1 Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012
Any idea when the next time this option will be available? As I have many outdated lumps that need to be traded out :B

MeetriX #2 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20500 battles
  • 2,737
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
When was the 1st time?

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66235 battles
  • 16,231
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
There have been times when you can trade it for a different tank, and pay the differences in gold. That and you needed half the gold price to even start the trade, even if you traded down to something cheaper. But a full gold refund? That's only been done once... on a premium they nerfed. 

Graeme0 #4 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24862 battles
  • 505
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
  • Member since:
    02-15-2015

I cant see this ever happening, if they did everyone would complain about the trade-in value.

 

Would be nice if you could trade in any prem tank for tokens, and then be able to spend the tokens in the prem shop



Metalsniper #5 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

View PostGraeme0, on 28 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

I cant see this ever happening, if they did everyone would complain about the trade-in value.

 

Would be nice if you could trade in any prem tank for tokens, and then be able to spend the tokens in the prem shop

 

Its happened before....

divsmo #6 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32583 battles
  • 246
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

View PostMetalsniper, on 28 June 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

Its happened before....

Erm no it hasn't unless you count the SP nerf but that was something entirely different.



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #7 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015

Erm yes it has with the SP....



Metalsniper #8 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

https://worldoftanks...-in-april-2017/

 

yes it has you muppets 

 


Edited by Metalsniper, 28 June 2018 - 01:25 PM.


MeetriX #9 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20500 battles
  • 2,737
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostMetalsniper, on 28 June 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

https://worldoftanks...-in-april-2017/

 

yes it has you muppets 

 

And how much gold people got doing trade-in?

Metalsniper #10 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

View Postdivsmo, on 28 June 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Erm no it hasn't unless you count the SP nerf but that was something entirely different.

 

Erm wrong
 

View PostMeetriX, on 28 June 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

 

And how much gold people got doing trade-in?

 

watch the video 
 

WoT_RU_Doing #11 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45841 battles
  • 994
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostMetalsniper, on 28 June 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

https://worldoftanks...-in-april-2017/

 

yes it has you muppets

 

 

If this is what you actually meant then you should have chosen a better title...this was not a trade in for gold, but a trade in for another premium tank. You couldn't sell the tank just for gold, as you had to pick the new tank before pressing the trade button.

The only time I've seen where you could "Trade in for gold" was when WG offered a refund to players after totally changing a tanks characteristics, and even then, I think they may have simply refunded the real money.


Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 28 June 2018 - 01:35 PM.


Metalsniper #12 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 28 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

If this is what you actually meant then you should have chosen a better title...this was not a trade in for gold, but a trade in for another premium tank. You couldn't sell the tank just for gold, as you had to pick the new tank before pressing the trade button.

The only time I've seen where you could "Trade in for gold" was when WG offered a refund to players after a bad totally changing a tanks characteristics, and even then, I think they may have simply refunded the real money.

 

No. Wrong. They trade in your old tank for GOLD then you pay the difference.  So for example I traded in my jgtig88 for gold then I paid the difference to purchase the m4a1 rev 

Edited by Metalsniper, 28 June 2018 - 01:36 PM.


WoT_RU_Doing #13 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45841 battles
  • 994
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostMetalsniper, on 28 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

 

No. Wrong. They trade in your old tank for GOLD then you pay the difference.  So for example I traded in my jgtig88 for gold then I paid the difference to purchase the m4a1 rev

 

Actually, you chose your JT 8.8, the game told you that it was worth a discount of x gold, and you bought the M4A1 at a discounted price, all of which was applied when you pressed the trade button. You never received any gold. It was a trade of a premium tanks.

Metalsniper #14 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 28 June 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

Actually, you chose your JT 8.8, the game told you that it was worth a discount of x gold, and you bought the M4A1 at a discounted price, all of which was applied when you pressed the trade button. You never received any gold. It was a trade of a premium tanks.

 

Each tank is worth a different amount of GOLD. Stop trying to worm your way out of it.  Even the video has pretty pictures of gold coins for those who are a little dim. 

Edited by Metalsniper, 28 June 2018 - 01:43 PM.


Steiner011 #15 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38676 battles
  • 1,356
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

Quality thread.

 

13/13 would poke my  eyes out again.

 


Edited by Steiner011, 28 June 2018 - 01:44 PM.


peekakilla #16 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10359 battles
  • 395
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016
o man can't w8 for another trade in, is so good to trade in all the premium i bought with real money that got power creep for some new fresh better tanks, i just have to add some extra money for the transition but damn if it feels good......

Steiner011 #17 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38676 battles
  • 1,356
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

Only time WG offered full amount of gold to players was compensation for nerfing LFP angle on SP. Whoever was  not satisfied , had a right to receive 7200 gold and have his SP removed from garage.

 

Other than this , WG NEVER ALLOWED PLAYERS TO RETURN THEIR PREMIUM TANKS TO WG AND RECEIVE FULL AMOUNT OF GOLD .

 

Too bad OP is so stubborn  , he wont even admit he made a mistake when he figures out he made a mistake.

 

/thread



WoT_RU_Doing #18 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45841 battles
  • 994
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

I'll make this very simple...based on your thread title, I came to this thread thinking...."OH...sell a tank for gold? Cool." (That means you trade the tank in for gold and GET IT in your account. This is NOT what this thread relates to at all, and if I'd known it was about the recurring tank trade in I would not have bothered to read it.

 


 



Bora_BOOM #19 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22602 battles
  • 2,919
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

OP, "trading tank for gold" reads as you trade in a tank and end up with a certain gold as a compensation.

In the tank "trade in" you cannot do that, you cant finish the transaction that way. Its only the half way, you end buying a tank at the end.



Metalsniper #20 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 618
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012

View Postpeekakilla, on 28 June 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

o man can't w8 for another trade in, is so good to trade in all the premium i bought with real money that got power creep for some new fresh better tanks, i just have to add some extra money for the transition but damn if it feels good......

 

Or would you rather have a tank sitting there that you never play anymore? 
 

View PostBora_BOOM, on 28 June 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

OP, "trading tank for gold" reads as you trade in a tank and end up with a certain gold as a compensation.

In the tank "trade in" you cannot do that, you cant finish the transaction that way. Its only the half way, you end buying a tank at the end.

 

Wow well I did not know people are so damn stupid that you have to spell everything out for them. 
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users