T50 advice please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

allthegoodnamesaretaken2 #1 Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6487 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

Hi so i recently rebought the t50 (Russian tier 5 LT) in the light tank sales of late, sure I think the tank can be fun sometimes but I have not been able to maintain any level of consistency in this one, any advice you can offer me would be much appreciated

Regards

Allthegoodnamesaretaken

Nethraniel #2 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13213 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Read/Watch scouting guides.

Camo+Viewrange+Map Knowledge+Situational Awareness (not the skill, but the skill is definetely a plus) that's the points you need.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Without knowing how you play it. Not easy to give any advice. 

Do you active of passive scout in it? Do you play it more as a damage dealer/flanker then a scout even? What equipment & crew skills do you have on it? If most know that, they can help you out a bit more. 

allthegoodnamesaretaken2 #4 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6487 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

Without knowing how you play it. Not easy to give any advice. 

Do you active of passive scout in it? Do you play it more as a damage dealer/flanker then a scout even? What equipment & crew skills do you have on it? If most know that, they can help you out a bit more. 

Ok thanks for the reply , i just grabbed a 75% crew and threw vents on there (I stopped spending money on the game so i have no gold to spend on removing equipment from low tiers ) im planning on installing QB's mod pack today so ill put camo net and binocs on it, as for play style i go for flanking and dmg dealing with the occasional bit of sitting in a bush and trying to look like i know what im doing.

thanks again,

allthegoodnamesaretaken.

(ps the reason i mentioned QB's mod pack is the auto remove/apply camo net and binocs feature

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
75% crew.. So you want your team to suffer gg.

PervyPastryPuffer #6 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 28 June 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

75% crew.. So you want your team to suffer gg.

Which part of "free to play player" did you not understand? He just said he stopped spending money on the game and has no gold left. :facepalm:

Balc0ra #7 Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postallthegoodnamesaretaken2, on 28 June 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Ok thanks for the reply , i just grabbed a 75% crew and threw vents on there (I stopped spending money on the game so i have no gold to spend on removing equipment from low tiers ) im planning on installing QB's mod pack today so ill put camo net and binocs on it, as for play style i go for flanking and dmg dealing with the occasional bit of sitting in a bush and trying to look like i know what im doing.

thanks again,

allthegoodnamesaretaken.

(ps the reason i mentioned QB's mod pack is the auto remove/apply camo net and binocs feature

Play like you're always spotted, and like you got spotted when you fire on something on the more open maps. Even if you are behind cover. You lack camo skills on your crew. So the camo is not as good as you might be used to on other lights.

Early on to active spotting and give as much intel as you can about what goes where to your team mates. Then read the map, look at where you med and lights are. Play 2nd line support behind them. Follow their wolfpack and gank and flank anything not aiming at you. Use the vanilla auto aim and circle it. Look for 1 vs 1 to help out with. The faster you lock up team mates to help on other 1 vs 1 or even on the other flanks. The better it is. 

T-50 is a good all rounder and rather versatile. It can do most roles rather well.. It's a good passive/active scout. I actually put optics on mine "if you can afford it", but I had recon etc on the commander too. It's a great bully flanker or harasser. But you need map awareness then. So look at the map constantly if you lack anything to do. Look for ways to bully or farm damage if you don't want to passive scout all the time. But on some maps, it's something you still need to do if half your team just sits there waiting for damage. Then give them something to shoot vs going the bully role. 

I personally tossed out fire extinguisher for a removed speed governor. Just remember to turn it off when you stand still, as it slowly damages your engine. But does the job when you want early spots, or need to  circle or flank. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 June 2018 - 03:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users