Tankfest cammo, am I reading this correctly?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
So I was thinking of buying the tankfest cammo, but read that you can only have 3 of them for each setting (desert, summer, winter) making a total of 9

But theres an OP running where you can win 6 of them, so if you also bought the bundle you would, unless either I am misreading it or did the dyslexic janitor with cataracts  they got to do the conversion from russion to Chinese, then to africaans, then to Swedish, then to Swahili then to Japanese and then finally into emoji before converting it into "chinglish" not do a very good job at the translation as is often the case with WG  descriptions?

jack_timber #2 Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Well it says you can win 9 tankfest camos.... Or am I reading this wrong:)

You know can't sleep, to flaming hot. Got that rare strain of man flu - how the 'ell do you get flu in summer is beyond me. And to cap it all grandkids have now finished school for next 6 or 7 weeks - lovely.

• 6 Bovington emblems
  • 3 Bovington desert camouflages
  • 3 Bovington summer camouflages
  • 3 Bovington winter camouflages
  • 5 Personal Reserves: +100% XP for 1 hour
  • 5 Personal Reserves: +200% Crew XP for 1 hour

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46102 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostMike_Mckay, on 30 June 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

So I was thinking of buying the tankfest cammo, but read that you can only have 3 of them for each setting (desert, summer, winter) making a total of 9

But theres an OP running where you can win 6 of them, so if you also bought the bundle you would, unless either I am misreading it or...….

I'm not sure what your question is, as you went off on a silly rant and never finished your original sentence. If you buy the package, you get 9 items of camo. That's enough for one normal tank (hull, turret, gun, x3 map types), or 3 tanks if you only paint the hulls. You also get 6 emblems, again enough for 1 normal tank (2 positions x 3 map types). The OP gives you exactly the same. Note that the camos look identical for all 3 map types (it's not grey and white for winter or green for summer).

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49561 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 30 June 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Note that the camos look identical for all 3 map types (it's not grey and white for winter or green for summer).

Which is really disgusting IMO since the brown, beige and yellow kind of look like a spectrum of ****!

Bordhaw #5 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11542 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 June 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Which is really disgusting IMO since the brown, beige and yellow kind of look like a spectrum of ****!

Racist

View PostMike_Mckay, on 30 June 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

But theres an OP running where you can win 6 of them, so if you also bought the bundle you would, unless either I am misreading it or did the dyslexic janitor with cataracts  they got to do the conversion from russion to Chinese, then to africaans, then to Swedish, then to Swahili then to Japanese and then finally into emoji before converting it into "chinglish" not do a very good job at the translation as is often the case with WG  descriptions?

It doesnt matter you do get 9 camos. Three for each desert, winter and summer. But they are all the same three striped brown colour for each desert, winter and summer whatever nation. 

Edited by NickMustaine, 01 July 2018 - 12:50 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61319 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 30 June 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Note that the camos look identical for all 3 map types (it's not grey and white for winter or green for summer).

That sucks big time. Is it that hard to add some green and gray ro make them at leat better looking. They are doing that more and more and its a big dislike for me.

PervyPastryPuffer #7 Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostMike_Mckay, on 30 June 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

You get 6 Emblems, and 9 Camos. Per season you can put 3 camo pieces (gun, turret and hull) and two emblems on each tank.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 30 June 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostBordhaw, on 30 June 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Racist

LOL out-of-context racism... good giggles. :D

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49561 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 30 June 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

LOL out-of-context racism... good giggles. :D

Roudari #9 Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34124 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 30 June 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Well it says you can win 9 tankfest camos.... Or am I reading this wrong:)

You know can't sleep, to flaming hot. Got that rare strain of man flu - how the 'ell do you get flu in summer is beyond me. And to cap it all grandkids have now finished school for next 6 or 7 weeks - lovely.

• 6 Bovington emblems
  • 3 Bovington desert camouflages
  • 3 Bovington summer camouflages
  • 3 Bovington winter camouflages
  • 5 Personal Reserves: +100% XP for 1 hour
  • 5 Personal Reserves: +200% Crew XP for 1 hour

Its 9 pieces of camo i tried it and now i regret it. I put it on 3 tanks all with desert camo slot, doh! It look so bad on winter maps, like why they do it even? Well i tried it and i think its an ugly camo, waste of 6e.

Mike_Mckay #10 Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBordhaw, on 30 June 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

It doesnt matter you do get 9 camos. Three for each desert, winter and summer. But they are all the same three striped brown colour for each desert, winter and summer whatever nation.

Yeahi it kind of DOES matter because it says

"..... and will work on any map type. Keep in mind that you can only apply three of them per environment (desert, summer, winter) in your garage, though:

"in your garage"

Not per tank, but "in your garage". Hence the question

is it just another example of WG letting a lobotomised dyslexic chimp write their web site text or is it saying only 3 per season in the entire garage? Or is it a crappy way of pointing out the rather obvious fact you are "in your garage" when you add them.

Rather than where? On the battle field, playing a totally different game or down the pub? Because "in your garage" is pretty redundant as its the ONLY place you can do it anyway

Because if its the later then theres no point buying it as the ones I will win in the event would fill up the entire allocation of them, or it could even mean you can only have 3 sets in your entire garage (27 cammos total 18-27 for TDs)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 30 June 2018 - 09:42 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16425 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 June 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

That sucks big time. Is it that hard to add some green and gray ro make them at leat better looking. They are doing that more and more and its a big dislike for me.

It's a shame mostly because it's not hard to do and we've seen proof of this quite a bit. The Lorr. 40t exclusive camos, the CW Digital camo (and others?), all of the personal mission camos, and those free camos or whatever from some mission a bit ago.

In this case it's because it's the "Bovington Camo" so I do atleast understand it even if I don't agree with it entirely, but nonetheless we see it with that three-tone camo that was also free from some mission (the red, white-yellow and blue-green one, if that makes any sense at all) and the Progetto marathon "style" also could have used different camos but sadly doesn't. 

SkipperCH #12 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9256 battles
  • [ATD] ATD
The camo sold in the premium shop is the same that can be gained by the missions? If yes it's not worth a single penny... it's f*cking ugly as hell...

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7724 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostSkipperCH, on 01 July 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

The camo sold in the premium shop is the same that can be gained by the missions? If yes it's not worth a single penny... it's f*cking ugly as hell...

This.

And the missions are only worth it if you'd be playing regardlessly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users