Jump to content


Tankfest noobs on tier 10 tanks

tankfest noob

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tapherial #1 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16478 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

What the hell is going on? On tier 10 battle with 3 top tier tanks one is afk noob from tankfest which does nothing, really? If you want to let them play then let them play against each other not in normal game because its total crap when you get afk or noob to your team just because of the event...

 

In such games tier 10's are supposed to carry team... I was on good way to complete campaign mission but because of that useless Obj 268 v4 and no support fire it was impossible... He did 0 dmg...

 

stop this!

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4424391#stats



jabster #2 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,438
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTapherial, on 30 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

What the hell is going on? On tier 10 battle with 3 top tier tanks one is afk noob from tankfest which does nothing, really? If you want to let them play then let them play against each other not in normal game because its total crap when you get afk or noob to your team just because of the event...

 

In such games tier 10's are supposed to carry team... I was on good way to complete campaign mission but because of that useless Obj 268 v4 and no support fire it was impossible... He did 0 dmg...

 

stop this!

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4424391#stats

 

Have you tried writing a strong letter to your local MP. I’m sure they would take up this most worthwhile cause.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24564 battles
  • 2,555
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
Talk to them in the foulest most insulting way, welcome them to WoT. :hiding:

Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66298 battles
  • 16,319
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Not everyone can be as glorious as you every game. And going by the images, even old war vets as well as kids are testing it. 

 

And last I did recall. There is no skill limit in the rules, even for testing. If you don't want them to ruin your stats. Then don't play tier X when tank fest is open. Simple as that. 



Yakito #5 Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18873 battles
  • 1,349
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
The chat at tankfest is turned off so that we can't get abuse from dudes like you.
They give is very limited time for battles so sometime around our 2nd battle they kick us out so the next group can come in. It really pissed me off to be forced to leave my tank Afk because they are on a crappy timer. Blame WG. They did the same thing last year. That's unfair on you guys.

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61549 battles
  • 5,306
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostYakito, on 30 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

The chat at tankfest is turned off so that we can't get abuse from dudes like you.
They give is very limited time for battles so sometime around our 2nd battle they kick us out so the next group can come in. It really pissed me off to be forced to leave my tank Afk because they are on a crappy timer. Blame WG. They did the same thing last year. That's unfair on you guys.

 

Why would you even play tanks when you go to an event ,like that. There is plenty to do and see. Why waste your time on a game you can play all year ? Go out, look at tanks, have a beer, meet players .....

Yakito #7 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18873 battles
  • 1,349
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
Because you get rewards for getting 2 kills and I have made it a personal challenge. The rewards don't matter to me.
And Ill have plenty of time to see the museum for the second time until they close at 6pm.


FloppyBiscuit #8 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17872 battles
  • 31
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    08-12-2016

View PostTapherial, on 30 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

What the hell is going on? On tier 10 battle with 3 top tier tanks one is afk noob from tankfest which does nothing, really? If you want to let them play then let them play against each other not in normal game because its total crap when you get afk or noob to your team just because of the event...

 

In such games tier 10's are supposed to carry team... I was on good way to complete campaign mission but because of that useless Obj 268 v4 and no support fire it was impossible... He did 0 dmg...

 

stop this!

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4424391#stats

 

when a bot cries about someone doing nothing dude you did 1600 dmg in an is7 so maybe you should *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 01 July 2018 - 12:33 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


Baldrickk #9 Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30142 battles
  • 14,301
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 June 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

Why would you even play tanks when you go to an event ,like that. There is plenty to do and see. Why waste your time on a game you can play all year ? Go out, look at tanks, have a beer, meet players .....

 Because I have 3 days to see a day and a half of content?

 

And yeah,  I queued up a v4 yesterday,  and immediately got kicked off.

 

Seen many many tanks,  didn't drink because driving,  organised the forumite meet up...



Yakito #10 Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18873 battles
  • 1,349
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
I got about 7 little codes for 3 days of premium and some low tier premium (Churchill) that I will probably give away here when I am at home again.

Took me 5 attempts to get 2 kills required for the hat... I felt like I was retarded. Last year I got the prize in my first match of the day.
The funny thing is that last year it was 3 kills to get a dog tag with your own name on it, and it was somehow easy. This year the power creep is so bad that they first lowered the requirements to 2 kills because nobody was able to kill 3 and then finally dropped that to ONE. Really sad. The snowball effect is really rough lately.

Baldrickk #11 Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30142 battles
  • 14,301
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostYakito, on 30 June 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

I got about 7 little codes for 3 days of premium and some low tier premium (Churchill) that I will probably give away here when I am at home again.

Took me 5 attempts to get 2 kills required for the hat... I felt like I was retarded. Last year I got the prize in my first match of the day.
The funny thing is that last year it was 3 kills to get a dog tag with your own name on it, and it was somehow easy. This year the power creep is so bad that they first lowered the requirements to 2 kills because nobody was able to kill 3 and then finally dropped that to ONE. Really sad. The snowball effect is really rough lately.

 They didn't have that on Friday at all.

 

What's the hat like?

Is it that black cap that just says "TANKFEST"?



LordMuffin #12 Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48227 battles
  • 11,117
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
They should just put all of these testing players in games with only bots, or at T1.

Yakito #13 Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18873 battles
  • 1,349
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View PostBaldrickk, on 01 July 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

 They didn't have that on Friday at all.

 

What's the hat like?

Is it that black cap that just says "TANKFEST"?

Hat is ok. It's black, with WT logo at the front. It's not the green one they sell in the shop. 

And it doesn't have tankfest printed on it either. 

Ill wear it. I kinda like it. 

 

Doing it from my phone. Results may vary. Imageshack breaks for me on a mobile

 Raw links then. 

https://imageshack.us/i/pme2Cx77j

https://imageshack.us/i/pmnFkytGj

 

 


Edited by Yakito, 01 July 2018 - 08:14 AM.


TsundereWaffle #14 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27220 battles
  • 11,018
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 June 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

 

Why would you even play tanks when you go to an event ,like that. There is plenty to do and see. Why waste your time on a game you can play all year ? Go out, look at tanks, have a beer, meet players .....

 

What’s wrong with spending 20 minutes on getting some WoT related goodies and watching what kind of stuff is happening on the WG stage? You still have 8 hours left to go watch tanks, have a beer and meet other players ;)

Tom_Deekanarry #15 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6929 battles
  • 311
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012

View PostTapherial, on 30 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

What the hell is going on? On tier 10 battle with 3 top tier tanks one is afk noob from tankfest which does nothing, really? If you want to let them play then let them play against each other not in normal game because its total crap when you get afk or noob to your team just because of the event...

 

In such games tier 10's are supposed to carry team... I was on good way to complete campaign mission but because of that useless Obj 268 v4 and no support fire it was impossible... He did 0 dmg...

 

stop this!

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4424391#stats

 

Surely as your so amazing you should have won the battle without him?

 

I mean we are always told it's you not the tank or the team. so you lost because you were useless it seems!

 

Accept your own failings kid!



Wintermute_1 #16 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44227 battles
  • 1,581
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
A few computers running WoT at Tankfest for a weekend, I think we'll cope.

Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7725 battles
  • 4,142
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Had a tankfest guy playing a tier 6 last friday.

This guy actually knew what he was doing.

So they're not all bad you know.



_PanzerBitterbal_ #18 Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8718 battles
  • 104
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

There are 2 options WFG can do.

Its all related to atratcting new players so its mandatory to let visitors play WoT.

2 options are the real game and the test server. If it destroys the playfun for the paying members, (they do exist you know), I would opt for the test server at such events. You then form 2 rows of comps (1 row for for each team) and your done. Simple sollutions usualy work best.



Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,865
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostYakito, on 30 June 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

This year the power creep is so bad that they first lowered the requirements to 2 kills because nobody was able to kill 3 and then finally dropped that to ONE. Really sad. The snowball effect is really rough lately.

Should be a wake up call even for the most retarded WG employee that they fecked up game balance in the latest updates. Most likely not...



Baldrickk #20 Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30142 battles
  • 14,301
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 01 July 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

Had a tankfest guy playing a tier 6 last friday.

This guy actually knew what he was doing.

So they're not all bad you know.

Tankfest_25 in the V/VI Alpha?  if so, that was probably me.

If it was #24 It would have been my buddy copying me.







Also tagged with tankfest, noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users