• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

War_Dwarf #1 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [TTPB] TTPB

So, I don't get the reward system.

The Patton on my team did 69 damage (against tier IXs) in total, plus 131 assistance and 3 spots.

I got 1083 damage (791 against tier X, 292 against tier IX), 5150 damage blocked, 499 assistance and one enemy spotted.

I know that is no big achievment on my part, I was busy holding the bridge all game against a hulldown WZ-111 1-4 and T30, but still, why is he getting more experience then me? he did basically nothing then poke around a corner, spot two enemies and finish off two equal tier tanks that were basically dead.

So, as far as I know, you get more xp for damaging higher tier enemies, spotting ofc, and you get less xp when the target you shoot at is spotted by someone else and not you (which wasnt the case here).

So what am I missing? Why does the Patton get more xp for basically doing nothing? Does blocking not gain any xp? And even if that's the case, I still did 15 times his damage and most of it to tier X vehicles. As far as I'm concerned I should get more xp then him for this battle. Same goes for the T54lt on my team, who also got less xp while doing a lot more for the team.

(replay: http://wotreplays.eu...war_dwarf-e_100)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Damage blocked has no factor on XP calculations "they did try once, but everyone got 12K XP, so they put it to rest". 

There are so many factors on deciding XP. As it's not just how much damage you do, it's how you do it. Tho this is one of those odd battles that sticks out. As he did fairly little. As I suspect most of his XP besides the first spots bonus etc. Was from the total % damage vs enemy HP your team did. And at times... we see them get more vs those that did little. As even the T-54 ltwl got less for 700 damage. 

This one is not easy to explain. But if you do wonder how or what gives you XP and how much for future reference. This list is not a bad place to start. 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Tank_Experience_and_Credits

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53219 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
What balcora says + you where in an e100
So in all fairness you did pretty poor with doing only half your hp in damage.

Lower tiers just get way better xp for punching above their weight.

War_Dwarf #4 Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [TTPB] TTPB

@Balc0ra

ty for the quick reply. Good thing I'm not the only one finding these results odd. Also ty for the list, there were some aspects that were new to me (close combat bonus or double xp for first spot on spg)

@Duncan

as I said, not a great battle, mostly trying to keep the enemy team from advancing over the bridge. Plus a hulldown T30 and WZ-111 1-4 over quite a distance don't leave many opportunities for huge damage numbers.

UrQuan #5 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19430 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWar_Dwarf, on 01 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

@Duncan

as I said, not a great battle, mostly trying to keep the enemy team from advancing over the bridge. Plus a hulldown T30 and WZ-111 1-4 over quite a distance don't leave many opportunities for huge damage numbers.

On mountainpass; Bridge low XP is a classic for an armored tank. Reason is the long engagement range (so usually someone else is spotting your targets if you see any: sharing XP with the spotter) & the toughness of actually dealing damage there (easy to use armor there / avoid getting damaged easy)

Best you can do at bridge (like you did) is: remain a target, show yourself as much as possible, preferably with your armor at bouncy angles, making the enemy forces sit there, trying to get a piece of you instead of helping their other teammates.

However, as noted: blocked damage does not grant any bonus XP.

The low XP¨is likely because you were at the bottom of damage dealt. The few who did less damage got more XP because of the close combat bonus (mystery how much this adds, but it is noticeable) / (much) more spotting/assistance or kills (kills add alot of XP)

You'll notice that the only one who scored worse on all 3 then you also got less XP then you. The others who did less damage then you scored (much) better in either assistance, close combat and/or kills.

Metalsniper #6 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20160 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

View PostDuncaN_101, on 01 July 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

What balcora says + you where in an e100
So in all fairness you did pretty poor with doing only half your hp in damage.

Lower tiers just get way better xp for punching above their weight.

your profile picture makes me want to go on naughty websites p.s. hope she is a milf p.s.s. looks like the heads been photoshopped onto a body p.s.s.s is it a joke or something who is she. 

Edited by Metalsniper, 01 July 2018 - 01:37 PM.

DuncaN_101 #7 Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53219 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostWar_Dwarf, on 01 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

@Balc0ra

ty for the quick reply. Good thing I'm not the only one finding these results odd. Also ty for the list, there were some aspects that were new to me (close combat bonus or double xp for first spot on spg)

@Duncan

just explaining why you had less XP mate thats it ... we all have crap battles (some more then others just look at me :P )

View PostMetalsniper, on 01 July 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

your profile picture makes me want to go on naughty websites p.s. hope she is a milf p.s.s. looks like the heads been photoshopped onto a body p.s.s.s is it a joke or something who is she. 

that is one of the witches from the series Charmed ... no photoshop as far as i know tho the original picture is allot bigger so that might be why it looks a bit off? (i don't see it but hey ho)

Homer_J #8 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWar_Dwarf, on 01 July 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

So, I don't get the reward system.

The Patton on my team did 69 damage (against tier IXs) in total, plus 131 assistance and 3 spots.

To start with, you are quibbling about next to nothing, it's not like he was somewhere near the top of the list, he was one above you and you were next to bottom with a whopping 8 less exp.

And he got 2 kills.

Also tagged with rewards, experience

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users