Jump to content


graphic settings resetted halp!


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Emeraldweed #1 Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

So somehow all my settings went to default, am trying to set them back to the way they were but i can't identify what settings are.  went from this : 

 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

 

to this 

 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

 

Sorry for the randomness of the screen shots. with these settings  stuff look way too bright and too sharp i dont know how to explain them :3 anyone who can identify what settings i should look for ?



gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10691 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
Too bright is gamma setting probably. For me adjusting (lowering) gamma made a huge difference.

Chute #3 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5975 battles
  • 153
  • [WALET] WALET
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011
gamma, or just get used to it like a man would.

Stalpanter #4 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6512 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    03-21-2014

I had same problem as you, settings getting resetted every week in 1 month which was huge problem for me since I use different keyboard controls, I even made a thread about it but it got deleted.

 

However the problem ended and honestly I dont know what i did to end this problem, hopefully you will fix this. Good luck.

 

edit: perhaps disable or enable write-protected in your WoT folder, those files that store your settings.


Edited by Stalpanter, 02 July 2018 - 09:47 PM.


Browarszky #5 Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15999 battles
  • 3,530
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

Mods' fault?

 

.. I mean game mods.. not forum mods obviously! :ohmy:


Edited by Browarszky, 03 July 2018 - 10:59 AM.


Emeraldweed #6 Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostBrowarszky, on 03 July 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Mods' fault?

 

.. I mean game mods.. not forum mods obviously! :ohmy:

 

I Think it had to do with my friend kicking the pc when  the first penalty was blocked on croatia vs denmark, i had to remove the gpu and reinstall it  so that messed up the  games settings.  now the mobo barely reads the gpu  since the pci got wrecked and telling her to pay 500 for it is out of the question

Edited by Emeraldweed, 03 July 2018 - 11:23 AM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostStalpanter, on 02 July 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

 

edit: perhaps disable or enable write-protected in your WoT folder, those files that store your settings.

Nope, game settings are in appdata.  Write protecting your WoT folder will just cause problems.

 

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

 

I Think it had to do with my friend kicking the pc when  the first penalty was blocked on croatia vs denmark, i had to remove the gpu and reinstall it  so that messed up the  games settings.  now the mobo barely reads the gpu  since the pci got wrecked and telling her to pay 500 for it is out of the question

 

Sounds like it thinks you changed the graphics card then.

Emeraldweed #8 Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 03 July 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Sounds like it thinks you changed the graphics card then.

 

Yea but am not looking for the reasons of why it did it   but what got changed.  I have a hard time understanding what setting does what . i will check the gamma as others suggested when i go home



DaddysLittlePrincess #9 Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23990 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    08-14-2012

View PostEmeraldweed, on 02 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

stuff look way too bright 

 As said before, gamma (lower is darker). Maybe also color filter

 

View PostEmeraldweed, on 02 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

and too sharp 

Try higher antialising and turn on terrain tesselation.

 

 
 

 



r0f #10 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6054 battles
  • 275
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

your settings are stored in the %appdata% roaming wargaming folder, the preference file, maybe make a backup when you get it right again.. if it ever messes up again just copy it back

 

looks like a filter to me really (in the display options) but it's always hard to tell from screenshots

 

set everything to max and disable the auto-adjusting if you have a 500 dollar card anyway

 

maybe you can go in and out of the training room to try different settings out more quickly i dunno just thinking


Edited by r0f, 03 July 2018 - 02:53 PM.


Emeraldweed #11 Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 03 July 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

 As said before, gamma (lower is darker). Maybe also color filter

 

Try higher antialising and turn on terrain tesselation.

 

 

 

 

that did the job,  lowered gamma  antialising was off :o   terrain was on.  now they look smooth.   with antialising the bushes seemed that they were flickering and it was driving me nuts, set it to maximum , thanks alot !

Edited by Emeraldweed, 03 July 2018 - 03:20 PM.


8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62816 battles
  • 3,101
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

 

that did the job,  lowered gamma  antialising was off :o   terrain was on.  now they look smooth.   with antialising the bushes seemed that they were flickering and it was driving me nuts, set it to maximum , thanks alot !

 

Now it's time to deal with that "friend" of yours. He kick PC you kick nuts. Those are the rules. 

Emeraldweed #13 Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 July 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

Now it's time to deal with that "friend" of yours. He kick PC you kick nuts. Those are the rules. 

 

Its a she :P  And it was more like a ''i jump from the chair in shock'' kind of kick, although i did force her to wash the dishes after that

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62816 battles
  • 3,101
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostEmeraldweed, on 03 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

Its a she :P  And it was more like a ''i jump from the chair in shock'' kind of kick, although i did force her to wash the dishes after that

 

A she? Yeah I can't help with that. 

Emeraldweed #15 Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8766 battles
  • 849
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

 

A she? Yeah I can't help with that. 

 

ya mate you gotta be careful with these creatures, things can backfire in any second !




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users