2-Level MM

matchmaking MM skill Bots

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Matchmaking division (78 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to have MM divided in 2 groups/levels

1. Yes, based on Personal score (14 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

2. Yes, based on WN8 (10 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

3. Yes, based on something else (5 votes [6.41%])

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

4. No. (45 votes [57.69%])

Percentage of vote: 57.69%

5. I'm not sure. (4 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Hide poll

Procjon #21 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54192 battles

View Post250swb, on 03 July 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

I imagine you jealously guard your 53% WR, so tell us how you think you'll feel when it goes down to 50% when you start playing against equally skilled players?

My WR is 100% connected to my work as i play this game only at work but i don't mind playing vs better players, it will help me to learn something new i guess.

HF

hiXhaX #22 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37348 battles
  • [KV-2] KV-2

View PostProcjon, on 03 July 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I don't think MM will get complicated. It would be divided in 2 levels which means either you qualify to be in 2nd or not. I think many players confuse my MM division with MM fully based on skill.

It is not a case as you don't match players on both sides of a team but only players that can enter a queue. Basically such a division would be almost identical to what current MM is but with an exception for players that can not meet the required level of Personal score, WN8 or anything else we pick. To make it more clear imagine as the whole players base divided in 2 servers with current MM. All stay the same but you don't get active players mixed with bots alike players.

ah, so you mean sth like a league system. But how do the nonbot guys and girls get compensated for having worse winrates then? Id rather play with 29 bots and farm disgusting amounts of damage than being punished for every small mistake I make by 15 good players on the enemy team.

Procjon #23 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54192 battles

View PostGraeme0, on 03 July 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

The shame is that player stats have very little to do with their ability to play as a team.

OP sems particularly precious and I would not trust him for one second to push into the enemy. 

I don't understand your salt, even though your stats are below average - quoting noobmeter.com - you would be safe as you don't qualify in my opinion as bot alike player ;)

HF

ps. btw, comparing your stats to mine it looks like i'm more often in the front line than you ;) so you don't have to be worried about me NOT pushing into the enemy.

Edited by Procjon, 04 July 2018 - 01:52 AM.

Bordhaw #24 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 03 July 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

"... get rid of BOTS alike players".

When the game starts and you look at the XVM coloured team line ups, what do you look for ?

You see that most players (on both teams) are yellow with a few greens and oranges sprinkled in, but 2 players have extreme stats ?

Do you say :-

a) Oh no, we've got 2 red players, we're bound to lose ?

b) Yeay, they've got 2 red players, we're bound to win ?

No you don't, because red players ("BOTS alike players" as you call them) have next to no impact on the game.

What you actually think is

c) Oh no, they've got 2 purple players, we're bound to lose !

d) Yeay, we've got 2 purple players, we're bound to win !

What you should think is

c) Yeay, they've got 2 purple players, we're likely to lose but this is my chance to farm.

d) Oh no, we've got 2 purple players, we're bound to win and I'll get hardly any damage/XP/credits as it will all be hoovered up by the purps.

High stat players have a much greater disruptive impact on this game than "BOTS alike players".

Just look at who is left at the end of the battle. The odd one or two red players hiding behind a rock waiting to die and about 4 yellow or green players. 

Homer_J #25 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostProcjon, on 03 July 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

You missed my point, it is not about playing badly. It is about people not playing at all unless you think that sitting in the same spot and moving turret around for the whole time of the battle is a playing a game I want players like this :izmena::izmena::izmena:

HF

And I want players like this :child:, especially on the red team.

250swb #26 Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostProcjon, on 03 July 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

but i don't mind playing vs better players, it will help me to learn something new i guess.

So tell us how that works? You learn something and then get matched against players who have also learned something, and so on.....?  Basically what you are saying is that you want a system where you always learn something and then have it snuffed out by being matched against others doing the same or better. The only players who actually win in such a situation are those that have a very low% WR and get matched against their own level and end up with a 50% WR just like what yours would be. How will that feel, a player with the same WR as you but far less skilled only because he is getting matched against his own equals?

Edited by 250swb, 03 July 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Browarszky #27 Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15962 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postarthurwellsley, on 03 July 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Wn8 was player created and the formula belongs to them. WG will therefore never use it.

PR was created by WG at about the time of WN7 and was slightly updated thereafter. WG used to publish the equation that made PR. If WG wanted to they could refer PR into the mm calculation for making teams. When PR was created (years ago) it was speculated that part of the reason for PR was to add it into the mm as it balanced teams. For all the players know about the shrouded process of the mm PR might have been used during some of the historic patches.

That's a very interesting speculation. If that were so, it might in part explain why some people found the game more rewarding in the past than what it currently is.

Alabamatick #28 Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles
What if 2 friends, 1 high PR / purple and 1 low PR / red wanted to platoon for fun, which group would they be placed in ?

Procjon #29 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54192 battles

View Post250swb, on 03 July 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

So tell us how that works? You learn something and then get matched against players who have also learned something, and so on.....?  Basically what you are saying is that you want a system where you always learn something and then have it snuffed out by being matched against others doing the same or better. The only players who actually win in such a situation are those that have a very low% WR and get matched against their own level and end up with a 50% WR just like what yours would be. How will that feel, a player with the same WR as you but far less skilled only because he is getting matched against his own equals?

You still reply as i want skill based MM which is not true. I want to cut off those that are like bots.

In any competitive discipline you have certain limit where top players become very equal to each other but it doesn't mean you will have same guy on the top every single time.

Let's say 100 meters race. You can have the fastest and strongest of all still loosing only because of slight mistake he/she made.

Do you think Usain Bolt would rather pick guys like me or you to race against or guys with similar skills to his? What gives more adrenaline and joy? racing and knowing you can win without any effort and risk or racing and NOT knowing the end results? I choose the latter.

Maybe you have more fun playing against bots and do damage farming and etc. but i think at the end it would become very boring, same end results, you on the top as the almighty of WOT :)

On the other hand i can understand that some people don't like strong competition, real challenge, that's why they use cheats so i can understand some people would be happy all the time playing vs bots but i'm guessing these are those kind of people that don't achieve too much in any competitive area anyway.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 04 July 2018 - 01:51 AM.

Homer_J #30 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostProcjon, on 03 July 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

i don't mind playing vs better players, it will help me to learn something new i guess.

Yes, you will learn where the exit to garage button is.

View PostAlabamatick, on 03 July 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

What if 2 friends, 1 high PR / purple and 1 low PR / red wanted to platoon for fun, which group would they be placed in ?

I'm sorry, apartheid matchmaker does not allow that.

View PostProcjon, on 04 July 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

i'm guessing these are those kind of people that don't achieve too much in any competitive area anyway.

If I want stress I'll go to work.  If I want competition in WoT I'll join a clan which does CW (been there).  I play WoT to relax, not to challenge myself.

GANDALF_WOT #31 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39412 battles
STOP MM. Take first 15 in queue and Gauss curve will do the rest. We have nothing to lose because it can not be worse then now. Nobody will complain.

vixu #32 Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41892 battles

Problem with whatever skill-based MM: logic of separating players becomes invalid - once you divide the player base.

Also tagged with matchmaking, MM, skill, Bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users