Jump to content


Should I go for the better engine on the Skoda T50?

Skoda T50 TVP 50/51 Engine

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MPV_11 #1 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28982 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

I'm struggling with the T50 and avoided upgrading the engine to try and get to the TVP 50/51 faster - but was that a mistake? Does the upgraded engine make a positive difference? Should I spend my hard earned exp on upgrading the engine or grind to the TVP 50/51 without it?

 

There's another question here as well - if I'm struggling with the T50 will I struggle more with the TVP 50/51? I get on fine with the Lorr 40t so I can (occasionally) get a good game out of a glass auto loader.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49483 battles
  • 1,744
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Yes you should get the top engine. An autoloader without armor needs every bit of mobility it can get, also there is less chance of fire with the top engine so there is that.

 

Stay in tier 9 as long as it needs to learn how to play this thing. The competition in tier 10 is much tougher especially in the 3-5-7 template. If your TVP gets matched up in a 3-5-7 against a 430u or a patton for example, you'll need to use your tank as good as possible.

 

Tier 9 gets most of the benefits from this line with a watered down MM so enjoy that for as long as you can.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 03 July 2018 - 04:16 PM.


Homer_J #3 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • 29,982
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

It goes from 750 hp to 1000 hp of course you need it.

 

That's like going from a Skoda to a fast Skoda.



arthurwellsley #4 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51721 battles
  • 3,010
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostMPV_11, on 03 July 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'm struggling with the T50 and avoided upgrading the engine to try and get to the TVP 50/51 faster - but was that a mistake? Does the upgraded engine make a positive difference? Should I spend my hard earned exp on upgrading the engine or grind to the TVP 50/51 without it?

 

There's another question here as well - if I'm struggling with the T50 will I struggle more with the TVP 50/51? I get on fine with the Lorr 40t so I can (occasionally) get a good game out of a glass auto loader.

 

Yes get the engine, the grind to the TVP 50/51 is made easier with the top engine.

 

If you struggle with the T50 you will struggle with the TVP 50/51 they are very similar.

 

The Lorraine 40t at tier VIII sometimes gets top tier against tiers VII and VI and in that situation will be far far easier to play and do well in than a TVP 50/51 as top tier.

 

PS I own all three, the Lorraine 40t, the TVP 50/51, and I kept the tier IX T50 as I liked it so much.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 03 July 2018 - 04:21 PM.


MPV_11 #5 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28982 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 03 July 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

It goes from 750 hp to 1000 hp of course you need it.

 

That's like going from a Skoda to a fast Skoda.

 

There are fast Skodas?
 

View Postarthurwellsley, on 03 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

 

Yes get the engine, the grind to the TVP 50/51 is made easier with the top engine.

 

If you struggle with the T50 you will struggle with the TVP 50/51 they are very similar.

 

The Lorraine 40t at tier VIII sometimes gets top tier against tiers VII and VI and in that situation will be far far easier to play and do well in than a TVP 50/51 as top tier.

 

PS I own all three, the Lorraine 40t, the TVP 50/51, and I kept the tier IX T50 as I liked it so much.

 

For me its a tank of extremes, I have some really good games in it and some really poor games (although to be honest that's probably true of all of my games)

 

Ok guys you've sold me. I'll put the bigger engine on and take it for a spin. Thanks!

 

(feels much better - we won the game. Province...  I only got 2.3k dmg before being perma tracked and team tagged by a Lorr 40t (ironic) and Spaghetti 46 - just thought you might want to know...) 


 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 03 July 2018 - 06:43 PM.


arthurwellsley #6 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51721 battles
  • 3,010
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostMPV_11, on 03 July 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

 

There are fast Skodas?

 

280 PS and four wheel drive makes the Superb hatchback and estate fast. I bought an estate for taking the dogs out.

It replaced a BMW 5.25i and is faster on the road. The Skoda feels more nimble on potholed London roads than the Bimmer ever did.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 03 July 2018 - 04:34 PM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • 29,982
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMPV_11, on 03 July 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

There are fast Skodas?

 

Posted Image

Suurpolskija #8 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18692 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

Pointing at the elephant in the room: 

 

If you so much hate the Skoda T50, why would you ever want the TVP T 50/51? 

 

Afaik it's pretty much the same tank with one extra shell? 



MPV_11 #9 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28982 battles
  • 275
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

View PostSuurpolskija, on 03 July 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Pointing at the elephant in the room: 

 

If you so much hate the Skoda T50, why would you ever want the TVP T 50/51? 

 

Afaik it's pretty much the same tank with one extra shell? 

 

I know. Although I don't hate the T50 so much as get really frustrated with it. I really enjoy the Lorr 40t so I thought I would enjoy the TVP 50/51.

 

Perhaps its the grind - I'm focussing too much on getting the TVP and the T50 is just the last hurdle not something to enjoy for itself.



geoff99 #10 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38188 battles
  • 186
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012
TVP is much faster than T50 so you can play it more aggressively. Also has 10m more view range (13m more with perks etc). 

JocMeister #11 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23173 battles
  • 2,089
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostMPV_11, on 03 July 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

I'm struggling with the T50 and avoided upgrading the engine to try and get to the TVP 50/51 faster - but was that a mistake? Does the upgraded engine make a positive difference? Should I spend my hard earned exp on upgrading the engine or grind to the TVP 50/51 without it?

 

There's another question here as well - if I'm struggling with the T50 will I struggle more with the TVP 50/51? I get on fine with the Lorr 40t so I can (occasionally) get a good game out of a glass auto loader.

 

If you struggle with the T50 there is no point in getting the TVP.



kejmo #12 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28935 battles
  • 712
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

Sell all your tanks and play the one, the only and the holy overpowered invisible laser mother russian tanks.

 

Will save you from problems later. 



Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 16385 battles
  • 25,842
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostJocMeister, on 03 July 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you struggle with the T50 there is no point in getting the TVP.

 

Especially given that, to my understanding it's well considered that the Tier IX Skoda is stronger tier-for-tier than the Tier X.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users