That glorious moment when...

achievement glory smugness

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tramp_In_Armour #1 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5138 battles

... you finally achieve something you didn't think you could do. :)

I bought a Cromwell B many moons ago when I was still at tier 4. Everybody said it was a great tank. I was totally crap with it. After two hundred games and an awful winrate, I walked away with my tail between my legs and didn't want to touch it again. I was simply no good with it.

Recently I unlocked the tier 6 Cromwell. I wasn't keen to try it out. Not at all. Dreaded putting a crew in it and actually giving it another try. I put it off for ages, then finally bit the bullet.

On my ninth game with it, with the top engine still locked, I aced the Cromwell!! My first tier 6 ace! *fistpump* I couldn't believe it. :amazed: :D 

Made me feel damn good, though.

What glorious breakthrough moment of satisfaction (and feeling of utter smugness) have you guys had? Doesn't matter at what level. List it here.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47802 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

Ruinberg south spawn, SU-122-44 top tier. The score was 7-2 to the enemy team while i was still driving to the city square. That's almost half my team dead in the first 1.5 minutes! The field collapsed immediately and i prepared for a last stand in the city.

After a very interesting fight, we won. I ended up with a 4.5k damage, 7 kills and a mastery. I don't think the replay still works but you can check the results page. Definitely wasn't expecting to win this one. :)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4111577

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 03 July 2018 - 05:24 PM.

undutchable80 #3 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Congrats! That is a great feeling! I too do better in the regular Cromwell than the Bromwell.

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16622 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

I sucked so hard in the Cromwell and was (perhaps like you) upset I failed at a tank that so many did well in.  I had 34% win rate after 26 games.

Could never (and still can't) get the hang of circle strafing, hit and run and all the other good medium tank play styles you should do.

However, I too fare better in the Cromwell B and actually like playing it, so far 57% win rate after 61 games and aced it too.

Well done for your achievement, I know that rare feeling.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 03 July 2018 - 05:48 PM.

Solstad1069 #5 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40119 battles

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 03 July 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

I bought a Cromwell B many moons ago when I was still at tier 4. Everybody said it was a great tank. I was totally crap with it. After two hundred games and an awful winrate, I walked away with my tail between my legs and didn't want to touch it again. I was simply no good with it.

Recently I unlocked the tier 6 Cromwell. I wasn't keen to try it out. Not at all. Dreaded putting a crew in it and actually giving it another try. I put it off for ages, then finally bit the bullet.

On my ninth game with it, with the top engine still locked, I aced the Cromwell!! My first tier 6 ace! *fistpump* I couldn't believe it. :amazed: :D 

What glorious breakthrough moment of satisfaction (and feeling of utter smugness) have you guys had? Doesn't matter at what level. List it here.

You just described the reason i play WOT, those moment of carry.

The Cromwells are good carry tanks, best of luck :)

Tramp_In_Armour #6 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5138 battles

Nearly had a double first today. :playing: Was in my Achilles, we'd nearly won the match and we were all chasing the last surviving enemy arty, who drove into a gorge. I arrived at the cliff edge above him, but had no chance for a shot. An ally was on the other side, but he refused to drive down a shallow slope, because he knew arty had his gun ready. Someone messaged, 'Achilles, dive on top of him'.

I was actually thinking of doing just that, but I had my doubts. I'd seen the manoeuvre done on YouTube loads of times (usually WorldOfLolz, or something), but had never witnessed it in an actual game. By this time, the arty player must have read my mind because he was nervously shifting back and forth. Repositioning myself, I aimed my tank and gauged the best moment to take the plunge.

Well, I totally missed, didn't I? But, much to my surprise, instead of nose-diving to my own destruction, the Achilles kind of slid and bounced down the cliff, and I landed behind the arty without receiving a scratch. Put the last round into his engine deck and finished the game. The guy who urged me to jump wasn't impressed, though.  :D I'll have to wait another day for my first ever (successful) divebomb attack. :rolleyes:

15JG52Brauer #7 Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 74079 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
It's a very old replay so wont play but you can see the result , and I still remember the laughs when the stealth 3 Tog cap rush tactic worked in a T6 SH http://wotreplays.eu...brauer-tog_ii  

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 03 July 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well played sir.

Well played indeed:honoring:

Dr_ownape #9 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41887 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

gg fella.  those moments are why we try and improve.

I recall lots of moments including my 1st kolobanov''s,  1st Pool's but my most proud moments are where I've out foxed the enemy at the death to win very tight games again't all the odds.  not through luck but through out thinking them

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

I remember my first ace with the Cromwell,

with the derp gun.

kejmo #11 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27887 battles

...you finally sell all your tanks to play the one, the only and the holy overpowered invisible laser mother russian tanks.

<3

an0ther #12 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31746 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Congrats on the good game! 

Also tagged with achievement, glory, smugness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users