• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Element6 #41 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 04 July 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Sounds like a good ole fashioned stroke to me. Nothing wrong with a good stroke though, it just seems a bit dishonest. Perhaps to yourself. And now we're caught in a stroke circle. 

Well, if pointing out errors in claims of others is stroking of my ego, the I guess I'm guilty of that on a daily basis in my life through my dayjob. Certainly doesn't feel that way though, but what do I know, I tend to point them out so the person doesn't make that same mistake again, for the benefit of me and the person who made the claim so we end up with less errors and doing double work.

View PostGrimmx, on 04 July 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

What i dont understand is people like you that feel the need to make fun of people quitting the game in frustration over well known frustrating game mechanics.

Its like you dont want things to change and support wargaming for the games current state? 

Wtf is up with that?

So 3-5-7 doesnt Exist?

5% is a Myth?

3 arty games are fun and interactive?

Why would you think I'm making fun of him? It's sad that he feels the need to leave, but that doesn't justify making bogus claims. Sure, I do know what he really means, but where did the desire to be correct in our statements go? Did it crawl down a dark hole to hide?

I'll tell you wtf is up with this, it's really simple, I just have a different view of the game. 3-5-7 is the best thing that has happened for the MM, in my personal opinion. 5% is probably true for all tiers combined, but that is an average number so I perfectly well understand that there are deviations in a number of tiers. It's the exact same thing as my WR, which is 50.4%, but despite this almost all tanks that I have ever played have a WR that is quite a bit below or quite a bit above that. Only a select few of my tanks actually has a 50% WR.

And yes, I see SPGs as a plus in my battles. Does that mean that I love being hit by them, always? Of course not. The positive side of them simply outweigh the negative sides, again, in my personal opinion.

And there is nothing wrong with me for having these opinions, they are just different from yours. On an overall level, the game has improved constantly since I joined in the beginning of 2013. For others, it is the other way around. 

Captain_Kremen0 #42 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38564 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
You do know you have to buy a round on your leaving do?

Ceeb #43 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31965 battles

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 03 July 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Can we please be honest here? The game is very much playable, that is not the issue, the issue is that you do not like the current version.

​Correct. But for some it's just not enjoyable.. and there are more and more of the old guard leaving due to being not enjoyable. But these forums are nothing. We are nothing.

I left in April. I still lurk and comment on the forums, Hell I even patched my client and logged in on Saturday.... I span my tank around (funnily enough it was my first Tier 10 the Leo 1) and logged out... I just couldn't after two months press that red button.  I see it as an awakening. But keep coming back to the forums to see if things change.

Seeing someone as popular as Signal post his leaving thread, is a sad day for the forum and the game, I've spoken and seen him on many streamers chat. He'll be a miss.  Can you say you'll be missed ? 

Games are supposed to be fun and I'm with Signal and all the others that decide to leave for basically the same reasons, not just the current version but a trend that's seems to us going downward due to the decisions made by WG.

Grimmx #44 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13897 battles

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

Well, if pointing out errors in claims of others is stroking of my ego, the I guess I'm guilty of that on a daily basis in my life through my dayjob. Certainly doesn't feel that way though, but what do I know, I tend to point them out so the person doesn't make that same mistake again, for the benefit of me and the person who made the claim so we end up with less errors and doing double work.

Why would you think I'm making fun of him? It's sad that he feels the need to leave, but that doesn't justify making bogus claims. Sure, I do know what he really means, but where did the desire to be correct in our statements go? Did it crawl down a dark hole to hide?

I'll tell you wtf is up with this, it's really simple, I just have a different view of the game. 3-5-7 is the best thing that has happened for the MM, in my personal opinion. 5% is probably true for all tiers combined, but that is an average number so I perfectly well understand that there are deviations in a number of tiers. It's the exact same thing as my WR, which is 50.4%, but despite this almost all tanks that I have ever played have a WR that is quite a bit below or quite a bit above that. Only a select few of my tanks actually has a 50% WR.

And yes, I see SPGs as a plus in my battles. Does that mean that I love being hit by them, always? Of course not. The positive side of them simply outweigh the negative sides, again, in my personal opinion.

And there is nothing wrong with me for having these opinions, they are just different from yours. On an overall level, the game has improved constantly since I joined in the beginning of 2013. For others, it is the other way around. 

So much nonsens here.  But om my phone. So ill answer later. 

Signal11th #45 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42192 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
To answer a few people on here yes I will be going to Tankfest next year especially as I didn't manage to make it this year although I got to within 50 miles of Bovington. I'll still be around on the forums as otherwise I'll go stir crazy at work and I'll still watch other people streaming WOT. Just wont be playing it, as for other games that's the problem and to be honest that's one of the only reasons I've stuck around so long in WOT there just hasn't been anything that grabbed me like EVE or WOT did. 

DuncaN_101 #46 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55183 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
It's been fun mate.
Sad to see you go :(

Element6 #47 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCeeb, on 04 July 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

​Correct. But for some it's just not enjoyable.. and there are more and more of the old guard leaving due to being not enjoyable. But these forums are nothing. We are nothing.

I left in April. I still lurk and comment on the forums, Hell I even patched my client and logged in on Saturday.... I span my tank around (funnily enough it was my first Tier 10 the Leo 1) and logged out... I just couldn't after two months press that red button.  I see it as an awakening. But keep coming back to the forums to see if things change.

Seeing someone as popular as Signal post his leaving thread, is a sad day for the forum and the game, I've spoken and seen him on many streamers chat. He'll be a miss.  Can you say you'll be missed ? 

Games are supposed to be fun and I'm with Signal and all the others that decide to leave for basically the same reasons, not just the current version but a trend that's seems to us going downward due to the decisions made by WG.

Yeah, that's the thing with complex games played by a large number of people, there will be differences of opinion. In an ideal world it would be great if WoT was like chess, where most people are fine with the rules, but that's down to chess being far less complex in terms of what you can do. I bet there are very few players of chess that stop playing it because the knight moves 3 squares forward and 2 to the side when they want it to move 4 squares forward and 1 to the side, for example, people agree on how the game operates. Then again, if chess changed in how the pieces can move, I think there would be some complaining going on.

It's always a bad thing that players leave a type of game like WoT since the players is what makes up the foundation for getting a battle, then again there would be players leaving even if the game stayed put at one of the earlier patches.

I too have days where I log into the game and sit in the garage but don't find myself pressing the battle button, but that's usually down to not being in the mood for that kind of activity at that moment, something I do not always realize until I am actually within the game. There are many factors to this, maybe I bought some new gear for my camera recently, and start thinking about that and want to go outside to take pictures instead. Other times I end up watching youtube videos of others playing instead of playing myself, but it's never down to beefs I have with the game. Maybe I'm just oddly fortunate in the way I see the game, no update has ever made me angry or anything, and all the content expansion just gives me more stuff to grind.

Yes, games are supposed to be fun, and if they are not one is better off not playing them, and it still makes sense to hang around forums etc. especially for games in flux like WoT because one day you might find the next set of changes to your liking and can start playing again.

View PostGrimmx, on 04 July 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

So much nonsens here.  But om my phone. So ill answer later. 

If having differing opinions is nonsense, then I'm looking forward to your explanation. Do you find people who do not like the same food as you do to be full of nonsense too?

Axelfoley666 #48 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24560 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

Geez, he has stopped playing a computer game, he is not dead.

And someone complained The Dingers were mean to them!!!!!!! LOL, just wow, 

Jigabachi #49 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's not really an "adios" when you stay around here, so that was a bit too much drama, but it's still sad to see that more and more forumites abandon the game...

Ceeb #50 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31965 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 04 July 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

To answer a few people on here yes I will be going to Tankfest next year especially as I didn't manage to make it this year although I got to within 50 miles of Bovington. I'll still be around on the forums as otherwise I'll go stir crazy at work and I'll still watch other people streaming WOT. Just wont be playing it, as for other games that's the problem and to be honest that's one of the only reasons I've stuck around so long in WOT there just hasn't been anything that grabbed me like EVE or WOT did. 

​WoT is the longest game I've dedicated/been addicted too, Before that my true love was the unheard of Jumpgate, then the original Planetside, All three I've gained real life friends from (that sounds weird due to being a computer game)

But there are plenty of games out there that are weaning me off WoT, Planetside 2 filling the role, Batman Arkham Asylum and City full filling the single player experience. I'm also a person that lucky has a disposable income, but what I've saved since not spending anything from January is staggering.

There is life after WoT.... its a shame due what I have invested in it.

Ceeb #51 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31965 battles

Moved off topic, without the main forum showing it..

Signal11th #52 Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42192 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostCeeb, on 04 July 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Moved off topic, without the main forum showing it..

Yeah noticed that was done quickly... Considering the main reason for leaving is because of Gameplay.. you have to wonder.

Edited by signal11th, 04 July 2018 - 11:47 AM.

Ceeb #53 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31965 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 04 July 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Yeah noticed that was done quickly... Considering the main reason for leaving is because of Gameplay.. you have to wonder.

​Oh I don't wonder at all. This off topic forum is where threads go to die.  The 1st line forum puppets know this. It's a very limited way of stopping the domino effect, however slow it is.

Pandabird #54 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36412 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Guess i should make my own topic as well, haven't given 2 squats about this "game" for months.

Homer_J #55 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31427 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There should be a pinned thread for leaving posts.

That would make it easier to spot those that come back.

Element6 #56 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Goodye posts aren't really relevant for gameplay when the desicion has already been made to leave or stop playing the game, so it's not really that weird that it gets moved here even if the reason for leaving the game is gameplay related.

Rati_Festa #57 Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47949 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 July 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Goodye posts aren't really relevant for gameplay when the desicion has already been made to leave or stop playing the game, so it's not really that weird that it gets moved here even if the reason for leaving the game is gameplay related.

Its direct feedback on gameplay though... u cant get any more significant feedback than a long standing paying customer giving a big FU to your product.

Its not weird at all they are just trying to brush it under the carpet.

Hedgehog1963 #58 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53301 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

One issue they need to address is people who no longer play having access to the forum. It's all negative.  As a newcomer you can't even post unless you've played a minimum number of battles in the first place, but even if you've not plsayed for years and years you can still come here sniping away

They should introduce a bar which might be, say, ten battles a week, to be allowed to access the forum.  It would be to the good.

Element6 #59 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRati_Festa, on 04 July 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Its direct feedback on gameplay though... u cant get any more significant feedback than a long standing paying customer giving a big FU to your product.

Its not weird at all they are just trying to brush it under the carpet.

No, it is absolutely not;

View Postsignal11th, on 03 July 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Will stay on the forums but the game is just not for me any more. Been a pleasure meeting those I have in game,Cya around.

34810 (didn't update when I posted.)

signal has written many posts in the past that are relevant for his point of view, that explain his thoughts about the game and how it is. Those posts have value and were/are direct feedback on gameplay. This thread is a goodbye thread smack in the middle of gameplay section where he provides one single explanation for quitting. 

"Game is unplayable" is about as useful as a bucket of sand in sahara.

I understand that you sympathize with him, which I do too, but this thread is not valuable feedback at all.

TheComfyChair #60 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8628 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStrappster, on 04 July 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

Your lad's right. There are some examples in Oneandonly016's earlier videos on the YouTubes.

I shall stop shooting him with my BB gun of truth :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users