So, here are is the patch this game needs...

Balance Patch

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Alcatraz111 #1 Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28039 battles
  • [KRAWL] KRAWL

Greetings guys,

we all know WoT can be very frustrating at times and, let's face it, we often times get annoyed with it - and most of the time this happens for some absolutely dumb reason, because of i.e. frustrating game mechanics like very high RNG or extremely poor vehicle balance.

I put a lot of thought into fixing these problems I have with WoT, i.e. RNG, Matchmaking, unbalanced vehicles - to name the most prevalent of them.

I came up with a full list of patch notes for these in my humble opinion very urgent issues the game developer has not been able to resolve in the past years:

Surely, not everyone will agree 100% on every single change listed in the patch notes; however I think the vast majority will agree that they would definetly have a massive impact on game mechanics / issues many people complain about and they might be able to have a very benificial impact on the game experience (Of course, before implementing such drastic changes into the game one had to test them in multiple iterations).

Feel free to share your opinions and personal ideas and I hope we can come up with something everyone can live with.

And then...maybe, one day, a miracle will happen and Wargaming will listen to their community?

See you on the battlefield! :bush:

P.S. In case any of you does not quite know which characteristic a specific change relates to, feel free to ask and I am happy to explain.

Metalsniper #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19639 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

A lot of changes to the vehicles baffled me and not buffing tiger 2 armour is surprising. Nothing done to arty? :teethhappy: 

But what the game really needs is skilled based MM, system to block all bots, deletion of type heavy tanks because they are massive, unrealistic, and ugly. Maps need to be created  that take awareness and skill i.e. no corridors with a big open spot in the middle. The new skilled based maps should aim to make the battles slower, more tactical, more interesting, more thoughtful, and thus the winners are the ones who used their skill, wit, and intelligence. 

A reduction of how much RNG effects you must be implemented, and no its not good for the game.

Keep arty but make it less clicker, i.e. they have to type in map reference of where they want to fire e.g. C1, then the gun aims there then they must adjust the angle of the gun before firing thus ur actually hitting campers in most cases and not people on the move. But if you did then your earnt it. :arta: If arty players do not like this change they do not play it = less arty around = everyone happier and arty more interesting and skilled based to play. Everyones a winner. 

Premium ammo should keep its pen and damage, but only 5 (for example) is allowed to be carried per game, this means less gold spam, and a brain is required as you would have to use your 5 shells tactically and sparingly. However so WG get their moneys worth,  the price of the ammo will be increased heavily. 

A match making overhaul should be added;

With  tier 1-2-3 against each other, with tier 1 tanks getting buffs / tier 4-5 against each other / tier 6-7 with tier 6 tanks seeing buffs such as hp. Tier 8-9 vs each other / tier 9-10 vs each other. Therefore, tier 9 will sometimes see 8 and sometimes see 10, depending.

Edited by Metalsniper, 04 July 2018 - 04:16 AM.

Procjon #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54267 battles

View PostMetalsniper, on 04 July 2018 - 02:52 AM, said:

The new skilled based maps should aim to make the battles slower

I wish battles to be slower but it is in direct opposition to WG's profitability. Time is MONEYYYYYY. 

HF

Sfinski #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30958 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
I'm sorry to say but that has been waste of time. WG does not care. 

FAME_skill4ltu #5 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29928 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSfinski, on 04 July 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

yep they only care how to make more money

Alcatraz111 #6 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28039 battles
  • [KRAWL] KRAWL

not buffing tiger 2 armour is surprising

Yep. I despise armor buffs because they add no skill-ceiling to a tank and  did did not quite want to change measurable characteristics of a historical tank. IMO gun characteristics can be used with skill unlike armor.

Nothing done to arty?

yeah I kind of forgot that one. Was late at night. I will add arty and TD limitation to the MM to prevent prolonged camping with nobody playing because there the no tanks able to make actice plays.

is skilled based MM

ehm..sorry, thats no-no and I dont think a casual game like WoT will ever do that. E.g. Battlefield is casual and doesnt have that either, IMO it doesnt work for more than 5 player teams.

Insteas I tried to increase the impact a single player can have by playing good by reducing RNG.

system to block all bots

I hope WG is working on that one already.

deletion of type heavy tanks because they are massive, unrealistic, and ugly

I do not advocate for removing tanks from the game cause people grinded them.Thats why I added weakspots to them, made the 14cm guns more competitive and removed the unfair derp guns.

5 premium rounds?

how is that gonna work?

E-100 has 5x750 HEAT damage, and an AMX 13 57 gets not even a full clip (5x90) dmg with APCR? doesnt make mense to me. Make the ammo a sensible solution for certain situations but dont make it a flat out pay to have better ammo thing like it is now, e.g. a Comet spamming full APCR doesnt get a single drawback just better pen and velocity.

imperiumgraecum #7 Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60315 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME
RNG cannot be reduced, for a simple reason: low RNG means more deterministic-oriented games, which means good players are going to have an even bigger impact than before, therefore causing even more bad-average players to quit. And WG can't have that.

Homer_J #8 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMetalsniper, on 04 July 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

not buffing tiger 2 armour is surprising. 

View PostAlcatraz111, on 04 July 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

What? No. Stop with the idiotic armour buffs.

Tankyouverymuch2 #9 Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29747 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 04 July 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

RNG cannot be reduced, for a simple reason: low RNG means more deterministic-oriented games, which means good players are going to have an even bigger impact than before, therefore causing even more bad-average players to quit. And WG can't have that.

That would be good in the long run. It would make the bad players git gud, while greatly lowering the nowadays frustrations of skilled players aiming their shots fully and missing completely.

@OP - That's one RNG thing you forgot needs to be brought back the way it was: shot clustering withing the aim circle, i.e. the dense area in the middle where most shells fly, needs to be reduced back to the way it was before they increased it.

I fully agree that penetration and damage RNG need to be reduced, there's a massive difference between doing 300 damage, or 500 damage with a 400 average alpha gun. Same with penetration, as an example, when I loaded 250mm pen HEAT on my WZ-111, I couldn't penetrate the flattest-angled lower plate of an O-Ho as it was creeping over the ridgeline to derp me, and that plate is 200mm thick as we all know, so it was only slightly angled and I minrolled a 250mm average pen shell to firing a shell with 200mm pen.

Many of the tank stats rebalances included powercreeped tanks, and by what I've read, the changes you proposed are just fine. Little bit of fine tuning and the tanks can actually somewhat compete in nowadays' metagame.

View PostSfinski, on 04 July 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

Sounds like you care even less, because if you'd care, you'd actually be saying; WG needs to care about this - or something along those lines.

So why are you still here if you DGAF?

Sfinski #10 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30958 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 04 July 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Sounds like you care even less, because if you'd care, you'd actually be saying; WG needs to care about this - or something along those lines.

So why are you still here if you DGAF?

Years and years of me giving feedback here and in sandbox to get all of it ignored has proven that almost no matter what players say, WG will do what they want. 

And all of that doesn't mean I dont give a *edited* I absolutely do, just not gonna waste my time when nothing comes from it. 

Can compare myself to Circon here. He was invited to Cypros with the other CCs but didn't go as nothing ever came from those meetings with WG. Just waste of time.

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 July 2018 - 03:25 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Homer_J #11 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 04 July 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

That would be good in the long run. It would make the bad players git gud, while greatly lowering the nowadays frustrations of skilled players aiming their shots fully and missing completely.

@OP - That's one RNG thing you forgot needs to be brought back the way it was: shot clustering withing the aim circle, i.e. the dense area in the middle where most shells fly, needs to be reduced back to the way it was before they increased it.

RNG reduction won't make bad players git gud at all, it will just reduce their enjoyment and while you might think you want them to leave, WG certainly don't.

And do you really want to turn derp guns back into snipers?  The current distribution is about the best balance we have ever had between shots mostly going where you want and there actually being a point to the accuracy stat.

Edited by Homer_J, 04 July 2018 - 08:12 AM.

ZDN #12 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18748 battles
  • [LOL-T] LOL-T

So nerf what you dont like and dont use? And buff the others you play/like? Do you work for the competition,or this is just a way to destroy the game forever.

Some buffs il be good for the players but the overal game changes and the game play il suffer.And some nerfs il hurt,so the AT line needs a nerf to the armor becouse you dont like it.

Big slow non turret tanks and the rof is good just becouse that tank does not have other attributes.

The s conq that has one good part,it needs to get nerf too .

And the type4/5 and o-i etc line,so just remove the 15 guns? how to play the tanks? big fat slow tanks,with side armor that is close to paper,or just to say you can flank them easy,the 15 guns have very bad dispersion so you il miss a lot,high reload time,and the HE in tier 10 is not OP.200-400 dmg in tier 10 is op?

Frontal hits,and if you use premium HE still 300-800 dmg, but very rare high damage with prem HE.

Plus the tanks have very weak modules,so damage to them is very easy.And You say nerf them?

Now the players/tanks distribution per game is ok.So you have one type 5 and 3 artys per game,plus with big open maps.Or one s conq per game and ppl say that is a problem.

Edited by ZDN, 04 July 2018 - 08:21 AM.

Metalsniper #13 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19639 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

View PostAlcatraz111, on 04 July 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Yep. I despise armor buffs because they add no skill-ceiling to a tank and  did did not quite want to change measurable characteristics of a historical tank. IMO gun characteristics can be used with skill unlike armor.

Nothing done to arty?

yeah I kind of forgot that one. Was late at night. I will add arty and TD limitation to the MM to prevent prolonged camping with nobody playing because there the no tanks able to make actice plays.

is skilled based MM

ehm..sorry, thats no-no and I dont think a casual game like WoT will ever do that. E.g. Battlefield is casual and doesnt have that either, IMO it doesnt work for more than 5 player teams.

Insteas I tried to increase the impact a single player can have by playing good by reducing RNG.

system to block all bots

I hope WG is working on that one already.

deletion of type heavy tanks because they are massive, unrealistic, and ugly

I do not advocate for removing tanks from the game cause people grinded them.Thats why I added weakspots to them, made the 14cm guns more competitive and removed the unfair derp guns.

5 premium rounds?

how is that gonna work?

E-100 has 5x750 HEAT damage, and an AMX 13 57 gets not even a full clip (5x90) dmg with APCR? doesnt make mense to me. Make the ammo a sensible solution for certain situations but dont make it a flat out pay to have better ammo thing like it is now, e.g. a Comet spamming full APCR doesnt get a single drawback just better pen and velocity.

Well your buffing historical guns and nerfing armour etc, if its a balanced game your after then the armour needs a buff end of

Skilled MM will fix many problems whether you like it or not and many consider this game not to be casual

Meh delete em

I told you how 5 premium rounds will work, but if you mean literally then you will not be able to add more than 5 to your tank the game will not allow it, after all you said you like a skill based game, with tanks like e100 there would be exceptions and max 13 57, either gets a pen buff or get good

View PostHomer_J, on 04 July 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

What? No. Stop with the idiotic armour buffs.

well it needs one when compared to every tier 8 out there

Homer_J #14 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMetalsniper, on 04 July 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

well it needs one when compared to every tier 8 out there

AMX65t disagrees.

Anyway, increasing armour doesn't work unless you go to stupidity levels.  That's besides my personal opinion that it should be kept historical.

Metalsniper #15 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19639 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

View PostProcjon, on 04 July 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

I wish battles to be slower but it is in direct opposition to WG's profitability. Time is MONEYYYYYY. 

HF

Depends if you look at it with a close mind, think about it this way, X-player has no premium account x-player has premium tank however and needs 3.5million to buy his new tier 9 tank. X-player is making 45k silver every 8minutes, x-player is happy. But with slow games x-player is only making 45k silver ever 15 minutes, X-player wants money faster, x-player loves the game now and its fun changes, so x-player does not mind buying a premium account or even silver from the store. 

Same scenario applies to getting to your next gun or next tank slower games = slower XP. Meaning higher chance of people buying premium and or free XP conversions.

Could even increase the amount of silver required to buy higher tier tanks ensuring this would occur = ££££££££££££££££

Edited by Metalsniper, 04 July 2018 - 08:46 AM.

FAME_skill4ltu #16 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29928 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostMetalsniper, on 04 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Depends if you look at it with a close mind, think about it this way, X-player has no premium account x-player has premium tank however and needs 3.5million to buy his new tier 9 tank. X-player is making 45k silver every 8minutes, x-player is happy. But with slow games x-player is only making 45k silver ever 15 minutes, X-player wants money faster, x-player loves the game now and its fun changes, so x-player does not mind buying a premium account. 

Could even increase the amount of silver required to buy higher tier tanks ensuring this would occur = ££££££££££££££££

signal11th #17 Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35453 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSfinski, on 04 July 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

View PostFAME_skill4ltu, on 04 July 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

yep they only care how to make more money

Unfortunately until the mindset of WG changes then the direction of the game will only continue you towards, unbalanced tanks, unbalanced maps and MM changes that might look good on paper but in reality just make matters worse. From the last 7 years I can see WG have tried but like the Americans in Vietnam they always have/had one armed tied behind their backs whilst doing it.

Edited by signal11th, 04 July 2018 - 08:49 AM.

Cannes76 #18 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64619 battles
  • [3V] 3V

What this game needs:

Premium shell remake(possible blitz route)

with a proper balancing of everything tier 8+

Max 1 arty per game (Or its complete removal)

Many more bigger maps for hightier play. (The current grand battle maps would be great for 15 vs. 15 tier X).

Homer_J #19 Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCannes76, on 04 July 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Max 1 arty per game (Or its complete removal)

IMO they should remove the arty cap.  That way you will get more arty free battles.  You will also get some battles with lots of arty but in those it will be easier to sneak through and kill them because there will be less tanks to spot you.

Just like the good old days.

Also get rid of all the matchmaking templates and mirroring apart from arty.  Maybe lights but I'm not even sure they matter that much any more.

Kurat666 #20 Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29035 battles
  • [BB4] BB4

View PostHomer_J, on 04 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

And do you really want to turn derp guns back into snipers?  The current distribution is about the best balance we have ever had between shots mostly going where you want and there actually being a point to the accuracy stat.

Is it really? I do not play derps, but the difference of accurate and not so accurate guns is way too small. Russian medium accuracy is all you need  - and if you take leo or E50m for a spin, their guns does not feel worth all the drawbacks you gain. One way of improving those tanks (and some other accurate ones I am forgetting about) would lessen their pen RNG or penetration loss.

Edited by Kurat666, 04 July 2018 - 12:46 PM.

Also tagged with Balance, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users