Jump to content


Improve in-game communication please


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

iRONiVAN_theBattleBorn #1 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1863 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    12-11-2017

The game requires cooperation which requires communication. Currently available communication methods in WoT are insufficient to incite cooperation, especially between people of no common language. 

 

The greater set of tactical signals (e.g. 'hold the position', 'flank' ) and ability to visualize the path of movement on minimap (like one can draw in TWA) would benefit the gameplay greatly. 

 

Please consider implementing tools that could enhance in-game communication and allow us to direct the teamwork more efficiently.

 

Thank you.


Edited by iRONiVAN_theBattleBorn, 04 July 2018 - 01:17 PM.


Nov_A #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 48763 battles
  • 3,980
  • Member since:
    02-28-2012
Yeah I would really consider it as a benefit for the gameplay if everyone in my highly motivated, trustworthy and fully ambitioned team can draw lines on the map that surely will not represent male genitals or swastikas. The current communication methods are more than enough, with "stop" and "follow me" and some minimap pings you can do all the magic, sadly most people either ignore it, dont care or dont see and understand.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22557 battles
  • 9,328
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostiRONiVAN_theBattleBorn, on 04 July 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

The game requires cooperation which requires communication. Currently available communication methods in WoT are insufficient to incite cooperation, especially between people of no common language. 

 

The greater set of tactical signals (e.g. 'hold the position', 'flank' ) and ability to visualize the path of movement on minimap (like one can draw in TWA) would benefit the gameplay greatly. 

 

Please consider implementing tools that could enhance in-game communication and allow us to direct the teamwork more efficiently.

 

Thank you.

They did.....you can now turn off communication and not be bothered by bitter dead players.:trollface:



r0f #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6324 battles
  • 277
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

Always laughed at the idea of vanilla voice chat.

 

Tbh that would be awesome to turn on at times.



Sirebellus #5 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19102 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View Postr0f, on 04 July 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Always laughed at the idea of vanilla voice chat.

 

Tbh that would be awesome to turn on at times.

 

it would be dull, just be people talking in 'Foreign'

Homer_J #6 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • 30,032
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

It could be improved.

 

A context menu on the minimap might help rather than just plink plink plink meaning what?  Go there? I go there? Don't go there? Enemy will go there?

 

And a few more built in messages like sorry and thanks to start with, then something like I'm covering you, try not to die I'm coming to help....

 

That's not to say it will be an instant success but it at least gives us the chance to try.



Dexatroph #7 Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44476 battles
  • 3,039
  • Member since:
    02-09-2013

View PostNov_A, on 04 July 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

 in my highly motivated, trustworthy and fully ambitioned team

 

You are such lucky one. Do you have to pay for that kind of teams?

 


Edited by Dexatroph, 04 July 2018 - 02:03 PM.


NoobySkooby #8 Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 13006 battles
  • 2,782
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 04 July 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

They did.....you can now turn off communication and not be bothered by bitter dead players.:trollface:

 

That is a massive improvement, lol




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users