• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

kaneloon #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28132 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Hi all,

I don't know if it exists (seems not) or if it was asked by the community, but I wish I could put my premium account into stasis.

And the first game played would restart the account timer.

It should be possible at least once a year.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You know what, premium time should function as pre-paid phone credit does, so you only use it up when you are actually logging in. 

This can still be on a "day" basis so if you sign in, you lose a full day.

Cobra 6

ricoBenitez1 #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

Ohh look what a refreshing new idea

Would allso be nice if when we are on holliday that we while we on thw beach dont have to pay rent for our house.

Homer_J #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 05 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

You know what, premium time should function as pre-paid phone credit does, so you only use it up when you are actually logging in. 

This can still be on a "day" basis so if you sign in, you lose a full day.

Cobra 6

I shall suggest this to BT.  I should only pay my phone line rental on days I make calls, which is never.

And when I rent a car for four days and only drive it for three I should get a day added on.

Anyway, there's very few pre pay cellphone accounts which don't expire after a month if you don't use them.  And those that do exist are relatively expensive.

250swb #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postkaneloon, on 05 July 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hi all,

I don't know if it exists (seems not) or if it was asked by the community, but I wish I could put my premium account into stasis.

And the first game played would restart the account timer.

It should be possible at least once a year.

But that would encourage people to take breaks from the game, and as WG is a business it would be a stupid idea. Take for example an insurance company who only insured your car when you actually drove it, it's not an impossible idea, but bad for business because people would be more encouraged to take the bus. So naturally WG don't want you wandering off and playing other games and not coming back at all. Perhaps one day if you are ever engaged in running a business you will understand what making a profit involves.

kaneloon #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28132 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View PostricoBenitez1, on 05 July 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Ohh look what a refreshing new idea

Would allso be nice if when we are on holliday that we while we on thw beach dont have to pay rent for our house.

Well, not everyone is a martyr ... besides your example speaks of occupied by your furniture physical space, here I speak of game time paid and not used.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Anyway, there's very few pre pay cellphone accounts which don't expire after a month if you don't use them.  And those that do exist are relatively expensive.

12 months actually, I've got a UK pre-paid phone next to my regular Dutch one as I work in the UK frequently.

I've not used that phone for long periods of time and I've never had credit expire.

As for the metaphors that you and the dude above you posted, they don't work because all of them are about renting physical things (cars, lines, houses etc) whereas WoT is a (virtual) service like phone credit is.

Cobra 6

SoupFork #8 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5775 battles

Not a chance. My brother has been playing since closed beta, has nearly every premium tank ever sold,has run a premium account every year. Last year he had a car accident, broke both arms, wrists, several fingers. Unable to play for 3 months. Emailed support if they could pause his 1 year premium accoun. Included copies of doctor report and x-ray.

cold hard no.

kaneloon #9 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28132 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View Post250swb, on 05 July 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

But that would encourage people to take breaks from the game, and as WG is a business it would be a stupid idea. Take for example an insurance company who only insured your car when you actually drove it, it's not an impossible idea, but bad for business because people would be more encouraged to take the bus. So naturally WG don't want you wandering off and playing other games and not coming back at all. Perhaps one day if you are ever engaged in running a business you will understand what making a profit involves.

ok I get it about wg keeping its paying customers.

It is more an incentive to still play but without paying ...

Ok for car insurance, except here even when your car is not used it can still be a source of accident : theft, kid hurt fetching a ball under it, ...

Homer_J #10 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 05 July 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

12 months actually, I've got a UK pre-paid phone next to my regular Dutch one as I work in the UK frequently.

I've not used that phone for long periods of time and I've never had credit expire.

I have a couple where the credit does not expire but they really push you into buying time limited bundles.  Making calls or sending texts on the non expiring credit is very expensive.

For instance it's 15p per minute to make a call and 5p per text with Giffgaff or for a tenner you get unlimited calls and texts for a month.

My point is, that to change the model they would have to ramp up the price to break even.

r0f #11 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6324 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM

Would be more fair. Would be less profit.

So, yeah. Good luck with that.

Also you must be in special education to compare it to housing rent as that is done because you are still under contract, they cannot re-rent that stuff, weirdo. After ending a battle your virtual premium time just wastes away, no contract, nothing. Special shill education.

Edited by r0f, 05 July 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Steve8066 #12 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12437 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I have a couple where the credit does not expire but they really push you into buying time limited bundles.  Making calls or sending texts on the non expiring credit is very expensive.

For instance it's 15p per minute to make a call and 5p per text with Giffgaff or for a tenner you get unlimited calls and texts for a month.

My point is, that to change the model they would have to ramp up the price to break even.

yea sure they would have to increase the price, i would fully expect that, but how many extra subs would they get even with the increase in price if you actually got chance to use all the premium time you paid for? Im not sure if they have already looked into it and decided its not feasible, but its certainly worth looking at if they havent.

SoupFork #13 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5775 battles

WG should lower the price of Premium time subscription by about 25% and then start offering “Pay as you go” bundles for, say, 100 games for a price that’s higher than normal premium time (based on the number of games per year for the average premium time player).

I think it would encourage more players to buy premium time subscriptions but also get revenue from players who just want a boost to help them ease a horrible stock grind or complete a mission.

ThinGun #14 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35064 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
To be honest, it doesn't sound like a really good idea to me.  Premium account costs me .. what ... 8 euros a month or so ... if I were the sort of person who actually worried about extending the period of time that 8 euros buys me, then I doubt WG would be interested in me as a customer.

SoupFork #15 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5775 battles

View PostThinGun, on 05 July 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

To be honest, it doesn't sound like a really good idea to me.  Premium account costs me .. what ... 8 euros a month or so ... if I were the sort of person who actually worried about extending the period of time that 8 euros buys me, then I doubt WG would be interested in me as a customer.

McDonalds found that lowering the price for an item from $1.00 to $0.99 resulted in an increase in profit on that item of 23% due to increased volume of sales. It a big number game for WG. When you have as many (potential) customers as they have, it can make a huge difference.

Also, remember WG has millions of customers on in Eastern Europe, South America and Asia for whom 8€ per months is a significant amount of money. Many of them don’t even own a computer but play in gaming lounges or Internet cafes. Those players will never buy a premium account because most of their premium time is wasted. But if they could buy small bundles of “per Battle” premium time, it could open up a vast new group of customers.

Edited by SoupFork, 05 July 2018 - 04:47 PM.

ThinGun #16 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35064 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostSoupFork, on 05 July 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

McDonalds found that lowering the price for an item from $1.00 to $0.99 resulted in an increase in profit on that item of 23% due to increased volume of sales. It a big number game for WG. When you have as many (potential) customers as they have, it can make a huge difference.

Also, remember WG has millions of customers on in Eastern Europe, South America and Asia for whom 8€ per months is a significant amount of money. Many of them don’t even own a computer but play in gaming lounges or Internet cafes. Those players will never buy a premium account because most of their premium time is wasted. But if they could buy small bundles of “per Battle” premium time, it could open up a vast new group of customers.

That's something entirely different.  In retailing there's a thing called 'price point' - basically $0.99 seems significantly lower than $1.00 - same as $19.95 'feels' significantly lower than $20.00.  
If MacDonalds started offering refunds for the bits of Big Mac that you didn't eat, then maybe you could claim some sort of correlation.

And offering slightly better value to people who are balking at spending a few Euros won't have a significant impact on revenue - WG target people with spending power to dip into their wallets more often, not less often - hence the multiplicity of premium goodies on offer.  Well, that's my opinion.

Homer_J #17 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSteve8066, on 05 July 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

yea sure they would have to increase the price, i would fully expect that, but how many extra subs would they get even with the increase in price if you actually got chance to use all the premium time you paid for? Im not sure if they have already looked into it and decided its not feasible, but its certainly worth looking at if they havent.

There is also the psychological effect of having that premium time ticking away.  Apparently that bugs some people into playing more.

polt3rg3ist #18 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32896 battles

Try WoT blitz there u can activate premtime by hours , its almost same as pc -but faster battle reloads and 7vs7 battles +1 to +2 MM

Homer_J #19 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSoupFork, on 05 July 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

McDonalds found that lowering the price for an item from $1.00 to $0.99 resulted in an increase in profit on that item of 23% due to increased volume of sales..

Are you sure they actually did that or is that just what the accountants guess because that's what they were taught in marketing school?

Having something at x.99 is a common marketing play which has been used since long before McBurgerking were doing it.

It's not really the same as changing something that costs 8 euro a month even if you don't use it to something which costs 0.1 euro an hour only when you do.

View Postpolt3rg3ist, on 05 July 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Try WoT blitz there u can activate premtime by hours , its almost same as pc -but rubbish

FTFY

Edited by Homer_J, 05 July 2018 - 05:52 PM.

pecopad #20 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23580 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Amazing how some players can defend WG on this....

Yes it would be nice to suspend Premium accounts, maybe more people would end up buying premium time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users