Banned for ?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

schijtaanwott #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8572 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

All the time and money i had spend in this game and WG banned me for what???

I contacted support and they will not give me an answer.

Which forbidden mod did i use and when did this happen? This must be a mistake and i am F.

WG even closed the correspondence with me so i cant react any further.

Below the correspondence;

ID 4680088: Game modifications - Unfair Play Policy

Katarzyna Kowalska

Created 14 minutes ago

CLOSED

Greetings schijtaanwott,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

Since our implementation of the new Fair Play Policy, we have been closely monitoring our game and tracking the use of unfair modifications as described in said policy. Sadly, some of the mods you have been using fall within the category of unfairness and cheating and are, therefore, not permitted in our game. In the article above, we have advised our players to be careful when using any mods and to avoid using them if they have any doubts regarding their functionality. Therefore the message was very clear and now there is no excuse for the continued use of mods that offer an unfair advantage.

As in the Fair Play Policy announcement, there are 2 types of the restriction:

· 7 day game ban: If you received it, consider this as a final warning and the last chance to remove mods that are against the policy rules.

· Permanent game ban: If you received this suspension, it means you continued using the forbidden modifications despite the final warning.

We are sorry such action had to occur, but our aim is to guarantee fair play, strategic satisfaction, and overall fun to all our players.

Additionally if you want to still use mods and be sure they are safe, feel free to check Mod Hub, where all mods are checked if they are not breaking the rules.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

schijtaanwott

Created 1 hour ago

Dear WG,

My first time ban was justified. I was experimenting and had at some point advantage over other players by mods tryout.

This time not. I got a few legit mods from a friend who used the mods of the well known streamer Quickfingers. He also edited the tank types in xvm to give it some more colours. This is a visual thing. Not forbidden and not a play advantage.

Please inform me what i have done wrong, because i dont understand my ban.

Regards,

schijtaanwott

Greetings schijtaanwott,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

Homer_J #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

WG won't tell you which of the cheats they detected but if you tell us what you have used over the last six weeks or so then we might be able to figure it out.

You might want to edit out the correspondence from support since that is against forum rules.

Edited by Homer_J, 05 July 2018 - 04:07 PM.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Sure your friend didn't give you something you shouldn't have?

SoupFork #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6052 battles

Your name alone deserves a ban as I think it roughly translates to “I don’t give a crapabout WoT....”

But as for your question, the time of the ban issue may not be the same as the time they caught you.

its like a speeding ticket. You get caught, a few weeks later you receive the fine in the mail.

Also there’s a change you did not uninstall the old mods completely/correctly and their scanner picked up parts of them that remained on your system.

jack_timber #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33908 battles

You naughty boy, girl or other. You must be one of the 782 players banned then....

Fairly simple don't use mods that give you an unfair advantage.

https://worldoftanks...pdate-jul-2018/

Infektid #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41308 battles

View Postschijtaanwott, on 05 July 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

My first time ban was justified. I was experimenting and had at some point advantage over other players by mods tryout.

Let me guess someone gave you a cheat and you "experimented" 2-3 times and then got banned??

View Postschijtaanwott, on 05 July 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

This time not. I got a few legit mods from a friend who used the mods of the well known streamer Quickfingers. He also edited the tank types in xvm to give it some more colours. This is a visual thing. Not forbidden and not a play advantage.

Perhaps you experimented again? And forgot about it?

Can you detail the mods used by Quickfingers??? Perhaps he should be banned also.

Dr_ownape #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44061 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
random recent replays so we can look?

Edited by Dr_ownape, 05 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

r0f #8 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6385 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM

Sorry to say buddy but pointing at QB mods is funny. Not saying you did cheat, nobody on this forum will ever have proof against you, only wargaming. At the same time everyone here can suggest you did cheat, as again nobody here will ever have solid proof anyway.

Banning cheaters will eventually turn on you if they can just reroll anyway. CS has become legendary with their hidden policy of just queuing cheaters against cheaters all day. One of the best solutions out there still.

After a 7 day strike using the modhub seems like the only safe option, apart from playing vanilla. Do not reset your payments, that would get you ba.... wait a second. That is confusing.

Anyway, it wasn't QB's mod, maybe you got something extra. Would be nice to know what it is for people who really do not have a clue, but it's how it is i guess.

Still saying that banning people when they can just reroll is .... not really that clever, and with wot you even get a grace option by default. I dunno. Wouldn't be my go-to policy in 2018.

edit: also that name breh.. geez lol

Edited by r0f, 05 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

Infektid #9 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41308 battles

View Postr0f, on 05 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

CS has become legendary with their hidden policy of just queuing cheaters against cheaters all day. One of the best solutions out there still.

Is this true or just a urban myth?

It's the perfect solution

View Postr0f, on 05 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

Still saying that banning people when they can just reroll is .... not really that clever, and with wot you even get a grace option by default. I dunno. Wouldn't be my go-to policy in 2018.

Well yes and no. You can reroll if you get permabanned. But if you continue to cheat after rerolling you will get banned again without chance to reroll a 2nd time. 

wsatnutter #10 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25104 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

another cheating low life banned this Thursday just got better

bye bye OP

ypr765prco #11 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42505 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
inbl

Robbie_T #12 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16489 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Oooo this is one of the cheaters

Did i read it good and perma banned you :popcorn:

Easy solution dont play with mods .

I dont even read the new rules of the fair game policy i dont have any mods.

But your name schijtaanwott    For non dutch people it means i crapon wott

Nu hebben ze schijt aan jou! (now they crapon you)

Edited by Robbie_T, 05 July 2018 - 04:35 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27306 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postschijtaanwott, on 05 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

I got a few legit mods from a friend who used the mods

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

lol

"a friend"

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I can confirm that Quackybaby's modpack, session stats and auto-equip don't get you banned. 

Neither does forumite mod and Xvm (at least if you don't activate the services, lol). 

So I suggest it was something "you got from your friend" maybe the modified tank colours (as in tundra mod or similar?), because those are known to be banned. 

Homer_J #15 Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr0f, on 05 July 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

It would be nice to have a way to permban a person which can't be bypassed.  IP bans are pointless since most home connections are on dynamic IP it takes no more than switching the router off and back on to change, banning by system signature slightly better since it usually requires a bit of expense to get a new system but still far from permanent.

But i'm sure you have a method in mind which does not involve physically locking the person in a cell.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29784 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

It would be nice to have a way to permban a person which can't be bypassed.  IP bans are pointless since most home connections are on dynamic IP it takes no more than switching the router off and back on to change, banning by system signature slightly better since it usually requires a bit of expense to get a new system but still far from permanent.

But i'm sure you have a method in mind which does not involve physically locking the person in a cell.

If having to buy a new processor doesn't teach them that using hacks for internet points isn't worth it then not much will.

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Provide a list of MODs actually used, rather than some vague 'I got this MOD pack from a friend' nonsense. 

Homer_J #18 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 July 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

If having to buy a new processor doesn't teach them that using hacks for internet points isn't worth it then not much will.

If losing an account with hundreds of euros worth of premium tanks on doesn't bother them then they won't be bothered by getting a second hand system off of that ebay.

HassenderZerhacker #19 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27306 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Considering how much time it takes to level up to a level that matters, the account ban is enough IMO.

Other than that, there is no solution that couldn't be circumvented by just using a different computer with a different IP.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66541 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

This time not. I got a few legit mods from a friend who used the mods of the well known streamer Quickfingers. 

If I had a penny of every time this was posted. Ofc you never used anything, and everyone that gets banned are 100% innocent. Even so do you know it was QB mod pack and not just one with his name on it? Did you even know what you installed? And what mods it did contain? If the answer to both of those are no, then there you have it. 

All the time and money i had spend in this game and WG banned me for what???

So buying a premium tank or premium time should exclude you from getting banned? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 July 2018 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users