• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

m1x_angelico #121 Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23257 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View Postschijtaanwott, on 05 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

All the time and money i had spend in this game and WG banned me for what???

I contacted support and they will not give me an answer.

Which forbidden mod did i use and when did this happen? This must be a mistake and i am F.

WG even closed the correspondence with me so i cant react any further.

Below the correspondence;

ID 4680088: Game modifications - Unfair Play Policy

Katarzyna Kowalska

Created 14 minutes ago

CLOSED

Greetings schijtaanwott,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

Since our implementation of the new Fair Play Policy, we have been closely monitoring our game and tracking the use of unfair modifications as described in said policy. Sadly, some of the mods you have been using fall within the category of unfairness and cheating and are, therefore, not permitted in our game. In the article above, we have advised our players to be careful when using any mods and to avoid using them if they have any doubts regarding their functionality. Therefore the message was very clear and now there is no excuse for the continued use of mods that offer an unfair advantage.

As in the Fair Play Policy announcement, there are 2 types of the restriction:

· 7 day game ban: If you received it, consider this as a final warning and the last chance to remove mods that are against the policy rules.

· Permanent game ban: If you received this suspension, it means you continued using the forbidden modifications despite the final warning.

We are sorry such action had to occur, but our aim is to guarantee fair play, strategic satisfaction, and overall fun to all our players.

Additionally if you want to still use mods and be sure they are safe, feel free to check Mod Hub, where all mods are checked if they are not breaking the rules.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

schijtaanwott

Created 1 hour ago

Dear WG,

My first time ban was justified. I was experimenting and had at some point advantage over other players by mods tryout.

This time not. I got a few legit mods from a friend who used the mods of the well known streamer Quickfingers. He also edited the tank types in xvm to give it some more colours. This is a visual thing. Not forbidden and not a play advantage.

Please inform me what i have done wrong, because i dont understand my ban.

Regards,

schijtaanwott

Greetings schijtaanwott,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

First of all, I don't know if the ban is warranted or not (i.e. if you had forbidden mods or not).

If you had forbidden mods, there is nothing you can do.

If you didn't have forbidden mods, there is something you can do, and it requires contacting relevant consumer protection authorities and maybe even taking legal action against WG.

I though it is nice you informed us of this issue (if there is an issue) by creating forum thread, you will not get any help here or resolution of the issue, because no one can help you but WG. Even the WG's forum moderators cannot unban you.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 08 July 2018 - 07:28 PM.

_Flagada_Jones_ #122 Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32721 battles
  • [OMGR] OMGR
If i get permaban without using mods, i will for sure sue WG!

If you start a legal action against them, they will be forced to show you what they have against you.

Dorander #123 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 08 July 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

If you start a legal action against them, they will be forced to show you what they have against you.

No they don't, unless you actually make it to court somehow, which won't happen. Even if you actually have a case, it's not a criminal case, it's a civil case. If memory serves there's a clause in the TOS/EULA somewhere that states such matters will be solved by arbitration, not a legal court. I'm pretty sure the arbiter won't have to show you anything, the arbiter will only review evidence from both sides and see if matters went according to the law.

AliceUnchained #124 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 08 July 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Of course you will, oh mighty and brave keyboard warrior... 

schijtaanwott #125 Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8572 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

View PostJigabachi, on 07 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Personally, I really couldn't care less if a former cheater gets banned. I would permaban them right away the first time they get caught.

And no, it will never be me, because I don't cheat or use questionable mods.

But still, I would like to see the part in the EU law that covers this kind of thing. Last time I checked consumer rights was in 2006 or 07.

The EU has centralised some of the laws/ directives/ regulations  the countries have to follow. Where the EU dont cover this, the law of the countries are decisive. In Europe the consumers are  generally well protected against malicious companies.

I am no expert in international law but its obvious that  "free to play" money based games are not well handled in the EU. 

Companies like EA, Activision and also WG are treating their costumers as money machines and dont respect their rights in the way they should.

I expect this will change in mayby the near future. The consciousness about how these games work is growing fast and there are a lot of angry people already.

In the past, large companies like Microsoft  -who didnt follow the rules- have paid enourmous fines to the EU.

The EU servers of WG are in countries as Germany. The way WG is treating his costumers will sooner or later give a huge conflict with European countries or the EU. When that time will come, you will remember this post ;)

m1x_angelico #126 Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23257 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

I was just giving a friendly advice. Legal action should be the last resort for any party in a dispute.

Accidents may happen. I'm sure that if he was banned by accident and without cause, that he should keep contacting WG until he has a definitive answer or the matter is resolved. They do have major issues in a corporate structure regarding resolving issues efficiently, but they do resolve issues if you persist.

Only then, if the matter is not resolved and he feels he has been wronged, he should take steps towards thirds parties.

TANKOPPRESSION #127 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43708 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postschijtaanwott, on 09 July 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

The EU has centralised some of the laws/ directives/ regulations  the countries have to follow. Where the EU dont cover this, the law of the countries are decisive. In Europe the consumers are  generally well protected against malicious companies.

I am no expert in international law but its obvious that  "free to play" money based games are not well handled in the EU. 

Companies like EA, Activision and also WG are treating their costumers as money machines and dont respect their rights in the way they should.

I expect this will change in mayby the near future. The consciousness about how these games work is growing fast and there are a lot of angry people already.

In the past, large companies like Microsoft  -who didnt follow the rules- have paid enourmous fines to the EU.

The EU servers of WG are in countries as Germany. The way WG is treating his costumers will sooner or later give a huge conflict with European countries or the EU. When that time will come, you will remember this post ;)

wargaming.net code of ethics is not up to much , so yeah there should be some sort of regulation specifically for online games and companies like wargaming.net .

Frenzier #128 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 59754 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
Illegal mod users should be banned permanently immediately, not after "warnings".

TANKOPPRESSION #129 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43708 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostFrenzier, on 10 July 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

Illegal mod users should be banned permanently immediately, not after "warnings".

So you believe they should be suspended without any warning at all .

Ferditude #130 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1707 battles
Wg doesn't want any 3rd party programmes altering fairness, cause they have alot of 1st party prog doing it already

schijtaanwott #131 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8572 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What does this mean. When you know a lot of people are using illigal mods, you want to know what advantage they have. 

So you might install a few mods yourself to understand that advantage.

Then you know why the enemy already know excactly where you where. You drove against a tree or a fence and his mod detected that and give your position on the minimap.

Then you know how the autoaim works and how to move irregular away when you get spotted to survive. The enemy who hit you then is the one who dont use an aimmod. Using an aimmod is also an diadvantage when the enemy has cover and peak to shoot or he knows how an aimmod works.

There are a lot of exampels.

Being the good boy you are, you should off course immidiatly deinstall the mods after a few games learning about these mods. Now you know the enemy better and will profit with this knowledge and have become  a better player.

If you are very unlucky you will get a ban for this. But you always being a good boy just take it like a man. Be sure afterward to delete de mods. Even when there had been an update and these mods dont work anymore, you still might get banned for having these mods in an old unused folder.

Know what you are doing. When you get banned there is no appeal possible. WG support dont give support. They dont know how this game work and have no decision authority. They are just doing some administration.  Moderators only have some influence in the use of this forum. 

They way WG detect illigal mods are probably illigal. Unlawful. That might be the reason why they dont wanna proof which mod has been detected for a ban. 

These days the amount of cheaters are declining. Stll there every game several players use them. For a good player these mods are not a real advantage. Its more usefull for the leazy player or when you come home from a long working day. Then you dont wanna concentrate to much. Just shoot something ;)

About cheating you might wanna read this link;

https://toucharcade....-play-producer/

Edited by schijtaanwott, 12 July 2018 - 02:05 PM.

jabster #132 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postschijtaanwott, on 12 July 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What does this mean. When you know a lot of people are using illigal mods, you want to know what advantage they have. 

Then you know why the enemy already know excactly where you where. You drove against a tree or a fence and his mod detected that and give your position on the minimap.

Then you know how the autoaim works and how to move irregular away when you get spotted to survive. The enemy who hit you then is the one who dont use an aimmod. Using an aimmod is also an diadvantage when the enemy has cover and peak to shoot or he knows how an aimmod works.

Being the good boy you are, you should off course immidiatly deinstall the mods after a few games learning about these mods. Now you know the enemy better and will profit with this knowledge and have become  a better player.

If you are very unlucky you will get a ban for this. But you always being a good boy just take it like a man. Be sure afterward to delete de mods. Even when there had been an update and these mods dont work anymore, you still might get banned for having these mods in an old unused folder.

Know what you are doing. When you get banned there is no appeal possible. WG support dont give support. They dont know how this game work and have no decision authority. They are just doing some administration.  Moderators only have some influence in the use of this forum. 

They way WG detect illigal mods are probably illigal. Unlawful. That might be the reason why they dont wanna proof which mod has been detected for a ban. 

These days the amount of cheaters are declining. Stll there every game several players use them. For a good player these mods are not a real advantage. Its more usefull for the leazy player or when you come home from a long working day. Then you dont wanna concentrate to much. Just shoot something ;)

So your complaint is that you got banned for using illegal mods. Sounds reasonable.

OreH75 #133 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48965 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postschijtaanwott, on 12 July 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

Then you know why the enemy already know excactly where you where. You drove against a tree or a fence and his mod detected that and give your position on the minimap. Then you know how the autoaim works and how to move irregular away when you get spotted to survive. The enemy who hit you then is the one who dont use an aimmod. Using an aimmod is also an diadvantage when the enemy has cover and peak to shoot or he knows how an aimmod works.

It means you dont understand Sun Tzu and confirms that you used stupid useless mods to get yourself banned..bye!

Jigabachi #134 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

What does this mean. 

You might want to read some explanations about that quote, because you barely scratched its surface.

btw: Highly overrated stuff.

And yes, you totally just installed those cheatmods to check what unfair advantages they bring and how to avoid being a victim. That is totally believable.

And you totally wanted to deinstall them after that one last match, but you got banned before that. 

Homer_J #135 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29736 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFerditude, on 10 July 2018 - 04:33 AM, said:

Wg doesn't want any 3rd party programmes altering fairness, cause they have alot of 1st party prog doing it already

The problem there is that most people don't know what is illegal until they get banned for it due to WG's poor communication / explanation of what is legal or not.

Enforcer1975 #136 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

/qq

I don't think WG is going to buy that....

lnfernaI #137 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 29281 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostTANKOPPRESSION, on 10 July 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

So you believe they should be suspended without any warning at all .

Some things just never change. Cheaters could be described with all the vulgar words I know of in English language,and it's rightfully deserved.

View PostDorander, on 08 July 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

No they don't, unless you actually make it to court somehow, which won't happen. Even if you actually have a case, it's not a criminal case, it's a civil case. If memory serves there's a clause in the TOS/EULA somewhere that states such matters will be solved by arbitration, not a legal court. I'm pretty sure the arbiter won't have to show you anything, the arbiter will only review evidence from both sides and see if matters went according to the law.

That won't matter,because at one point the suspect will be requested to show physical/electronical evidence to justify his innocence. And that is where he would most likely fail.

Needless to say, he is just playing the victim right now.

Edited by lnfernaI, 12 July 2018 - 03:21 PM.

Jigabachi #138 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

The problem there is that most people don't know what is illegal until they get banned for it due to WG's poor communication / explanation of what is legal or not.

And due to their broken moral compass and lacking common sense. Let's not forget that...

slitth #139 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12132 battles

View Postschijtaanwott, on 12 July 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

Well that only works if you know your enemy.

So you will have to know that a player is a cheater and how he cheats before you can use cheat countermeasures.

And you don't know that before it's too late.

Now WG take as a company time to get to know the player base, mostly for balance the game so it sells better, but also so they can find and ban cheaters.
That means you don't have to figure out countermeasures to cheating yourself.

Besides cheats in the game are either countered by normal active play or is unavoidable.

Everything that shows you last know location based on tracers, object destruction and the like is useless as a aim assist if you move.

And you can not take the information of the last know location away for the player.

Skins that show weak points and the like cannot be block by you.

And you try to trick an aimbot the same way to do a normal players aim.

Now to another point you made. Know yourself

You KNOW that you installed a cheat mod.

You KNOW that you get a ban if it detected, no matter the "good" reason you have for installing it.

You KNOW that you and you alone have the responsibility to make sure that you are not playing on a computer that contains cheat mods.

If you followed Sun Tzu philosophy you should have known that is would end like this.

AliceUnchained #140 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

Sun TzuThe Art of War;

So... you did use questionable MODs yet still cry you're innocent... Seems you lack some knowing 'yourself'. Also, knowing your enemies does not equate to 'do what they do'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users