Churchill III losing its preferential match making

preferential match making Churchill 3 Premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles
I keep hearing stories and rumours of tanks with preferential matchmaking are going to lose this trait soon. I have people talk about this over the YT on numerous occasions.

Since I am planing to buy Churchill 3 I am scared a bit by this news.
Can someone confirm or disprove this news? Is WG really going to remove preferential matchmaking and remove this trait from the existing tanks (like the Churchill 3)?
I dont want to buy the tank and have it remove the traits that were promised to me.

Homer_J #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's not happening. 

WG said they were experimenting with looking at maybe rebalancing preferential mm tanks starting with the KV-5

The whole WoT community went ballistic about it.

Even if they went ahead it would be about 98 years before they got down to tier V anyway.  But it's been quietly shelved just WG haven't got round to telling us that yet.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11994 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 05 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Can someone confirm or disprove this news? Is WG really going to remove preferential matchmaking and remove this trait from the existing tanks (like the Churchill 3)?

WG have released very little news about who, how or when. Just look at this threadwith 4,000 replies. At the moment though WG are continuing to sell and release PMM tanks.

In regards to Churchill 3 - I would recommend buying it. 

Edited by Bordhaw, 05 July 2018 - 06:01 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 05 July 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

WG have released very little news about who, how or when. 

I think you can read a lot into the fact that they also seem to have stopped supertesting changes to the KV-5.  We had almost daily reports for a while then nothing, for weeks and weeks.

IRSanchez #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53505 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

It's not happening. 

WG said they were experimenting with looking at maybe rebalancing preferential mm tanks starting with the KV-5

Even if they went ahead it would be about 98 years before they got down to tier V anyway.  But it's been quietly shelved just WG haven't got round to telling us that yet.

WG beeing quiet is not a sign things are not happening.

Personally I think they will go for it anyways, they just are figuring out how to "sell" this to the playerbase, after the massive initial backfire.
For me it seems like:

1. they don't want to compensate players properly

2. they are dishonest with their reasoning for the changes 

Or maybe they just lost contact with reality. Whatever the case, they have a big problem to solve.

I'm trying to help them as much as i can - which means I haven't spend a single EUR since they put the proposal of removing preferential MM on the table. Untill they propose better, acceptable solution (for players), my wallet is closed.

Edited by IRSanchez, 05 July 2018 - 06:18 PM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIRSanchez, on 05 July 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

WG beeing quiet is not a sign things are not happening.

Always has been in the past.

If they are doing something then you can be sure of regular "leaks".  They love to keep things hyped up.

Personally I think they will go for it anyways, they just are figuring out how to "sell" this to the playerbase

What they already announced was their big sell.  That was supposed to have us all on their side saying get on with it.  There is no plan B.

Edited by Homer_J, 05 July 2018 - 06:21 PM.

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 49624 battles

Currently the Churchill III is a very capable tank and when its top tier it can be a bit of a beast.

Assuming they did remove PMM it would be buffed probably not the armour but the gun and hit point pool.

Maybe it would not be as good

At tier 5 meeting tier 6 the armour holds up but against tier 7 it would be like the Churchill 1 and that's not so good 88mm of flat armour starts to be a problem.

Homer might be right they have certainly been very quiet about it.

Xandania #8 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37298 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostBordhaw, on 05 July 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

WG have released very little news about who, how or when. Just look at this threadwith 4,000 replies. At the moment though WG are continuing to sell and release PMM tanks.

In regards to Churchill 3 - I would recommend buying it. 

For the price of a bottle of wine you get access to a nice trainer/cash cow in form of a slow tank with a fast gun and nice armor. I can only recommend it if you need either credits and/or a crew trainer.

Venom7000 #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles

View PostXandania, on 05 July 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

For the price of a bottle of wine you get access to a nice trainer/cash cow in form of a slow tank with a fast gun and nice armor. I can only recommend it if you need either credits and/or a crew trainer.

I know that you are trying to convince me and sell me on the Churchill 3. But comparing it to a bottle of wine is not a good tactic on me. Because the bottle will always win!! In this case the bottle has the preferential MM. :teethhappy:

Xandania #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37298 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostVenom7000, on 05 July 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I know that you are trying to convince me and sell me on the Churchill 3. But comparing it to a bottle of wine is not a good tactic on me. Because the bottle will always win!! In this case the bottle has the preferential MM. :teethhappy:

Well, you might have fun with the pixel tonk a bit longer than with the bottle of wine, but you are right - the quality of joy inherent in a decent wine is superior :)

Dorka_Kvorka #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22300 battles

I wouldn't recommend buying Churchill III. I do have it, and rarely play it (not at all, in fact). Slow, huge target with pathetic gun with no penetration and damage, an arty magnet, and usually a bottom tier anyway.

If you want a reasonable low tier premium heavy, go for Tiger 131. I got it cheap (it was like 10 EUR or so back in the day) and it's one of my favorites.

Babbet_1 #12 Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorka_Kvorka, on 13 July 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

I wouldn't recommend buying Churchill III. I do have it, and rarely play it (not at all, in fact). Slow, huge target with pathetic gun with no penetration and damage, an arty magnet, and usually a bottom tier anyway.

If you want a reasonable low tier premium heavy, go for Tiger 131. I got it cheap (it was like 10 EUR or so back in the day) and it's one of my favorites.

Think you may have missed the point made in another thread - IIRC, OP is looking for a crew trainer for the Russian Heavy line. Not a criticism, just saying. :)

Dorka_Kvorka #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22300 battles

Ah okay, yeah, Tiger 131 wouldn't be very useful for training Russian crew :)

Well, I'm still not sure Churchill III is worth the money, but if it's on sale for pennies, then maybe (I got it pretty cheap). The gun pen isn't good, and neither is the alpha damage. Sure, you can shoot gold, but then it might be worth spending the gold on training instead. Given the short reload time and low damage, it's pretty expensive to run the tank on gold.

It's still not my worst premium tank, though - Grosstraktor sends regards :)

If I had to choose Russian premium heavy, I would go for KV-2 ®, then. That one might be a lot of fun.

wobblybob #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67020 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC
Do not buy a PMM. They are wrecking the game. It is absolutely your duty not to do this. Now purge this heretical thought from your mind and look at nice non PMM tank instead like Lozas Sherman

Babbet_1 #15 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11507 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorka_Kvorka, on 13 July 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Well, I'm still not sure Churchill III is worth the money, but if it's on sale for pennies, then maybe (I got it pretty cheap). The gun pen isn't good, and neither is the alpha damage. Sure, you can shoot gold, but then it might be worth spending the gold on training instead. Given the short reload time and low damage, it's pretty expensive to run the tank on gold.

If I had to choose Russian premium heavy, I would go for KV-2 ®, then. That one might be a lot of fun.

Yes, the Warhammer KV2 would be a good option for OP, as he is training crew for the tech tree KV2 - wasn't available when I got the Church III. I do agree with you re the low alpha, but given the pmm, I don't have any real problems with ap pen, except against OI, OIexp etc, when a little use of prem ammo is efficacious (if I haven't been one-shotted back to garage before I get chance to use it, of course!). I do like the fast reload though, but that in itself can get me into trouble, as I can't resist the temptation to try to beat an opponents reload, instead of taking cover - my biggest fault, I'm afraid! :(

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 49624 battles

Churchill III still a darn good tank doesn't meet anything above tier 6 well at the moment and its well capable of shredding a tank very quickly

You think the E25 has an insane rate of fire I have the E25 up to 24 with a 5 skill crew the Churchill III is over 31 with a 2 skill crew.

140 rounds and its possible to run out though its only happened once to me.

110 pen fine for most targets and ammo costs 45 credits.

I carry 30 premium just in case and they have 180 pen,

It can be a pain if you run into O1s or Other Churchill's you just have to be careful around them

Bordhaw #17 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11994 battles

View PostDorka_Kvorka, on 13 July 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

It has a moderate credit multiplier and a larger XP multiplier that other tanks don't have as well as being a premium tank etc. 

SiliconSidewinder #18 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27897 battles

dear Venom if you want to buy the churchill tank, do so.

yes it is true it might be changed at sometime later, but if such a thing were to happen it wouldn't happen within the next year.

And quiet honestly WG is usually carefull with changeing it's premium tanks in a negative way.

as a side note if you want uptodate news you shouldn't look into streams, you should look at the news thread here in the forum. Usually people on youtube just pick up what's already discussed at length here.

nakkipeppu #19 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31557 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

It's not happening. 

This

I don't know why people try ride to hyperbole so hard. Even the initial newspost continually refers to problems with Tier 8 tanks and matchmaking,

The cost of changing and rebalancing PMM tanks outside tier 8 is really high in order to fix for a problem that does not exist. Even if they proceeded with the tier 8 changes (which I kinda hope they do, I'd like to trade IS6 and FCM 50t for something playable), going beyond that would be madness in financial sense - which is certainly an angle WG cares about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users