A Showcase Of WG Team Balancing, MM, Being -2 tiers Almost Every Battle + Why Players Most Likely F*...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

Just thought I share this one for you guys for LOLS. Have a look for the laugh if you like and you guys can all relate to this I'm sure as this is the "norm" now unless you play tier9 and 10 tanks which I don't like because it sucks and is boring and broken as s***, even more than this somehow . I was wondering just what replay to attach but I think this one sums up how we feel on a run of teams like this against teams like that and for me, really sums up just how futile it all is and with enough runs like this, just why players get fed up of the same crayon eating dimwits operating higher tier tanks and just shag off and play another game because the simple fact is if your top tier players haven't a clue what a tank even is, you are not going to have a close battle or even slightly.

How many times have you guys had this lately? Have a watch it's just the best lol... being bottom tier and with my 135 alpha pew pew gun I decide to what I can and take the reigns for spotting targets since I could see our teams light tanks were going to be awesome so I said fine, I won't shoot, I will light pretty much everything that comes within an asses roar of my area and let the big guns do the damage.... I actually sat there sipping a coffee in awe once I gave up drawing attention to targets and just watched in awe and what I was witnessing. Sad thing is, this was one of the closer battles.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4431723#teams  :)

OreH75 #2 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46899 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 July 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

Just thought I share this one for you guys for LOLS. Have a look for the laugh if you like and you guys can all relate to this I'm sure as this is the "norm" now unless you play tier9 and 10 tanks which I don't like because it sucks and is boring and broken as s***, even more than this somehow . I was wondering just what replay to attach but I think this one sums up how we feel on a run of teams like this against teams like that and for me, really sums up just how futile it all is and with enough runs like this, just why players get fed up of the same crayon eating dimwits operating higher tier tanks and just shag off and play another game because the simple fact is if your top tier players haven't a clue what a tank even is, you are not going to have a close battle or even slightly.

How many times have you guys had this lately? Have a watch it's just the best lol... being bottom tier and with my 135 alpha pew pew gun I decide to what I can and take the reigns for spotting targets since I could see our teams light tanks were going to be awesome so I said fine, I won't shoot, I will light pretty much everything that comes within an asses roar of my area and let the big guns do the damage.... I actually sat there sipping a coffee in awe once I gave up drawing attention to targets and just watched in awe and what I was witnessing. Sad thing is, this was one of the closer battles.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4431723#teams  :)

Oh booboo the joy of 3-5-7 and having shitty toptier players...we all have those, we all hate that, nothing we can do except stop playing lower tiers....

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

View PostOreH75, on 05 July 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

nothing we can do except stop playing lower tiers....

Doesn't change a thing tbh and even at tier10 unless you toon with other good players you most likely encounter a tooning trio of excellent players that will go through your tier10 team of muppets just as easy so sadly no, not playing sub tier9 changes little along with the fact those tanks don't "fit" on this little maps we have in this game reducing to a really boring camp off between tier10 where only a fool tries to make something happen in most cases... and dies first in most cases lol. 

It's an interesting strategy actually. WG keep the advert pop-ups on this game to buy their premium tanks. Well WG, why would anyone buy your tier-6 Firefly of Fury or whatever it happens to be on sale... why would anyone buy any premium tank, tier5 tier8, makes no difference, this sort of battle is going to be the experience. It's an interesting approach to selling products to say the least, make them as unappealing as possible!

Balc0ra #4 Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

+2MM is not the issue. As even in a +1 game, the "crayon eating" drivers can still ruin your day, if you have enough of them. But with 3-5-7 MM, you need less of them. I never did hate +2, just 3-5-7. 

I had a blast playing my Crom B in +2 all day before that came. Now... less so. It's not due to what I'm facing. It's due to what I'm facing it with. As if one top tier on your team is afk or passive. MM doesn't matter. 3-5-7 is why I don't play my +1 tier 8's. But my +2 tier 8 prems instead. But that's not related to crayons on my team. But +0 games, where I am the crayon. As I can't pen anything on the HT line in the current meta, even with gold. So I might as well eat crayons. As that would help my team as much. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 July 2018 - 07:58 PM.

Hiisi #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14477 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
+2mm is bad, especially if you are put in small cramped map (ensk, paris, providence, abbey, ect.). Top (3 tanks) have way too big impact in the result. You usually lose if your top tiers eat crayons or you win if they are good players.

Im okay that we get +\- 2 mm, because sometimes it is really fun, but you need a lot from the team and map to have fun games.

3-5-7 mm should not be 1 pick. 1/3 should be tier 0 mm, 1/3 should be +\-1 and rest 1/3 should be +\- 2 mm battles. Also we need better maps.

ortega456 #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60389 battles

Only if people stop buying premium tanks, premium time, stop playing that much, only then WG will change the current MM system to our favor as a priority.

That is super sad because people acumulate frustration already and won't come back to the game easily. I can't remember a period of time when almost every day some people wrote their dramatic "I'm leaving the game" posts.

Game is ok but some maps are really fked (new Fjords and fishermans bay are far worse than before) and beeing bottom all the time is the worst thing since arty. WG will listen in 3 years when most of the playerbase is gone because WG develops a product around their customer base and not for them.

Rozbrus #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9496 battles

View PostOreH75, on 05 July 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Oh booboo the joy of 3-5-7 and having shitty toptier players...we all have those, we all hate that, nothing we can do except stop playing lower tiers....

On the contrary, start playing low tiers. Tier 2 and 3 are not affected by this malarkey and are pretty playable. Well until you encounter Pz IC. Yeah, leave it to WG to break even low tier games with something OP... Nice job WG, forcing your players to seal clubbing. Oh and how does your change of PMM vehicles going. Over a month and no word from you. You are totaly clueless as always.

Edited by Rozbrus, 06 July 2018 - 11:52 AM.

Elmer_Fud #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1702 battles

View Postortega456, on 06 July 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Only if people stop buying premium tanks, premium time, stop playing that much, only then WG will change the current MM system to our favor as a priority.

That is super sad because people acumulate frustration already and won't come back to the game easily. I can't remember a period of time when almost every day some people wrote their dramatic "I'm leaving the game" posts.

Game is ok but some maps are really fked (new Fjords and fishermans bay are far worse than before) and beeing bottom all the time is the worst thing since arty. WG will listen in 3 years when most of the playerbase is gone because WG develops a product around their customer base and not for them.

I'm not so sure WG would do anything. Whilst I agree people should vote with their wallet as you suggest, personally I think once the cash figures drop significantly WG will simply shut the servers down. After all the game has had an amazing run since 2011.

In other ways WG has acted...for instance for new account holders the tutorial has been improved massively. They automatically give you several days worth of premium time and it's clear someone at WG has realised retaining new players is a difficult thing. You only have to read the posts in the newcomers forum to see how they find the game frustrating.

Simeon85 #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Meh you were facing a FAME player in a Defender, who was top tier in 3-5-7, even if your tier 8s were competent you were very likely going to lose. That guy has already a 68% win rate in the thing, more games and he'll probably end up with a 70% win rate. 

3-5-7 sucks on all levels but not much more you can do at the moment, we all know it, we have all been complaining about it, WG so far have done nothing. 

Your best bet is play tier 9 and 10, these sort of situations don't really occur. 

Or don't play at all.

m1x_angelico #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22295 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Nothing you can do about it atm. You can either choose to play such match or, as many players do now, suicide (drown, fall of a cliff, kamikaze attack) or quit.

Dundato #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26160 battles
Not many. Nothing wrong with the MM

Bordhaw #12 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10828 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 July 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

How many times have you guys had this lately? 

Yeah 3,5,7, +2 MM, with 24% win chance is not so much fun. 

Even with the "special" Kursk event and recent new tanks being released there was still under 90k players on lastnight. 

Edited by Bordhaw, 07 July 2018 - 08:53 AM.

vixu #13 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41901 battles

With so much gold spam around WG has it just to drain the credits and to support the pref-mm thingy. 

Since both of those are getting reworked, we may see +2mm gone as well. fingers crossed.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20579 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Play tier X, problem solved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users