Bored

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Pattonizer #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8709 battles
I tend to have my addictive periods with this game but I just don't understand how in the hell you guys can play up to 40-50k battles with it.

30 maps. I play this game for 7 years now, and there are still only 30 maps. Only 3 desert maps. Three! I mean, what the holly #$@&%*!
are you doing WG? Is there a virgin has to be sacrificed for every new map or what the hell is going on? Is our money gone for *edited* for good? I mean all of it? 

I've just joined into a Live Oaks battle and realized I'm ***** bored as hell. I know everything, I know where that freaking light tank will scout, where the bloody E-100 will sit and **** off and everything else. Grand Battle mode? Yeah, some people do not like it but some do. Well too bad, only 2 ****** maps! Frontline? Haha, we got you on that one, only one map and it's gone too! SRY BRUV XD

Where the **** is Berlin? WW2 tanks and no Berlin map! Where is Stalingrad? Oh, actually we have that one....oh wait, it's removed!

GOT YOU AGAIN, LEL XD

Where are the Warsaw, Rome, Budapest, Prague maps? Where is Moscow (Great Stalin would surely approve)? There could be already ten times more map and it's not even some freaking fantasy-show to make them up. With that amount of maps you could even make circulating seasons with them. I wouldn't mind to play on 30 maps only if those would be different in every month.

Where are the Poland maps? You clearly burp up that nonsense imaginary tech tree only to please the polish community. It's huge and you want a ton of money from them. But you know what... who cares? Have your money, we couldn't be more happy for you. But why one map? What is it so hard to create on a map? Where are the Asian, the jungle maps?

Frontline had to be optimized but why remove it in the meantime? There's a lot of opportunity here and nothing happens. There could be 2x2 block Frontline maps (instead of 3v3) if optimization is such a problem. Just imagine it, a 2x2 Frontline Berlin or Rome map. Perhaps make a Siegfried line version of it, or maybe the Ardennes. Even balancing them to the bone would not be such an issue if we would have some true variety at last.

You have your game. 1.0.
It's done, it's good. The engine is good. The mechanics are generally good. The graphics are beautiful and you squeezed everything out from those pathetic imaginary and soviet tech trees. You have every tool now to make this game really really good. What am I missing here? What is the marketing angle here? Is there some research about addiction that shows variety does not stimulate it? This is why you constantly remove maps? With more maps people would play even less or what is the damn thing here I don't see?

Maybe I'm the abnormal here because I love the game, but I'm just bored. I don't have a lot of battles as I leave the game every now and then. Because I'm bored. I can't tell you how bored I am when I spawn on Malinovka. And God, these guys are so in love with that one, they keep mocking it with freaking bushes there and trees here, perfecting it like a Da Vinci with that *edited* Mona Lisa. And there are no ****** new maps.

Bored.

Edited by G_Bg_82, 07 July 2018 - 02:51 PM.
inappropriate content

Xandania #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35494 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
You are not alone. And regarding those maps they do not even have to do it themselves given they should have created some sort of map maker for internal use. With such a thing they COULD in theory open up regular mapmaking competitions with the best maps entering the game permanently.

r0f #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6082 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
Can't be bored if you don't play

Pattonizer #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8709 battles
Yes. I don't.

That's my problem. I want to play, but I vomit my display over like a water cannon every time I see Mountain Pass on my loading screen.

Elmer_Fud #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1702 battles
Brilliant post OP......just about says it all......Tanks?....jeez there are more imaginary tanks in this than BF2142.......but maps....map content is soooooo lacking and I fully understand why you......and me are bored.

Hexen #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21959 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

View PostPattonizer, on 05 July 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

Yes. I don't.

That's my problem. I want to play, but I vomit my display over like a water cannon every time I see Mountain Pass on my loading screen.

lol, I have a similar feeling to this when I see the Himmelsdorf map.

kaneloon #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27362 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Yes WG feeds us with everything but maps.

Real mystery here.

I wish they could explain that somewhere.

What is even stranger is all the good maps they removed.

undutchable80 #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Added a smidge of humour here and there

No overuseage of all caps

#tinfoil absent, but actually good clear concise points

I give this rant a 9/10 (cuz no pictures :P)

Seriously though, I agree; did over 2k dmg in my KV2 yesterday on Province - 1.4k was done by blindshooting a couple of "obvious" bushes.

I am not a developer, but even adding different weather types to existing maps with bonuses and penalties like Heavy Rain - VR reduced by 25% would add something new. 

wAr_God_11 #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9529 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 06 July 2018 - 07:03 AM, sai

I am not a developer, but even adding different weather types to existing maps with bonuses and penalties like Heavy Rain - VR reduced by 25% would add something new. 

+1☝️ we need this..!! thundering clouds with heavy rain on prokhorovka !!  Sweet!!

Graeme0 #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24176 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

Started reading and thought OP was just another complainer... But he's right on so many levels.

We should have more maps, even if they are not 100% balanced and fair, what goes around comes around

Weather would be cool, it is great in wows and really adds a dynamic to the play

Why not have night time battles too

Love the idea of grand battles for single tier battles in tier 8-10 tanks.

Maybe huge Godzilla walking around eating anyone who camps or team kills... !!

Pattonizer #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8709 battles

View PostGraeme0, on 06 July 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

Started reading and thought OP was just another complainer... But he's right on so many levels.

We should have more maps, even if they are not 100% balanced and fair, what goes around comes around

Weather would be cool, it is great in wows and really adds a dynamic to the play

Why not have night time battles too

Love the idea of grand battles for single tier battles in tier 8-10 tanks.

Maybe huge Godzilla walking around eating anyone who camps or team kills... !!

To be honest that did not even come up in my mind. Weather system and night battles are very good ideas.

I think I did not mention them because they would truly need new development, new dynamics. Excuses would be made, a lot of them. But with the current state of things there is just no more excuse for the lack of 'normal' maps. I want to drive my Patton in the Asian villages and jungles again... :(

Zedrick #12 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15257 battles

Randomly generated maps. I'm not a game programmer, but I think that would be technically possible (the client could generate them from a seed determined by the server?). They would probably not be very balanced, but that wouldn't matter if nobody knew the maps beforehand.

But I guess that will never happen. At least bring back mario land (Dragon Ridge) and add weather + nighttime!

Solstad1069 #13 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40159 battles
New maps just confuse Steve the heavy driver and Bob the light tank driver (that after 30K battles still cant find the right bush on Malinovka)

Lord_Rochester61 #14 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31960 battles
i agree with all of the above [bonus no effing trolls yet]

pecopad #15 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22470 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Bored is the right word.

New maps like Paris, Province, Glacier... PLEASE NO, NO MORE MAPS, just bring back some of the old ones

Edited by pecopad, 06 July 2018 - 10:12 AM.

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41528 battles
Good post op, this game desperately needs new maps. Its been an obvious weak point of the game now for some time.

arthurwellsley #17 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Weather - We had a map called Ruinburg on Fire. (a) it was very hard to see stuff, and (b) it was head ache inducing. Good riddance to that removed one.

Dragon Ridge - removed patch 8.4. Unbalanced towards one spawn. Also apparently WG noticed issues with (a) players getting lost, and (b) players falling off cliffs.

Personally I would like to see this one remade. There are plenty of battles that took place in either Korea or Vietnam that would form the basis of such a map. I liked the paddy fields. The Mekong delta as portrayed in many films would also make a good map location, which brings us to;

Pearl River - removed patch 9.10. In some respects a very tight map, and possibly with one spawn having a slight advantage over the other. WG never gives full reasons for removal.

Japan and Hidden Valley - removed 9.10. Somewhat one dimensional with only two corridors, one of which was less important. Needs re-working so that there is a Japanese themed map in the game.

Komarin - removed for the second time in patch 9.8. It's second version was very very different from the first version. I quite liked the second version, although I believe that it was removed due to being harsh on heavy tanks. This one should be returned to the game, with maybe a third re-working

Northwest - removed patch 9.7 due to favouring the north spawn. Shame really the buidlings in the middle looked interesting. Again could be reworked to balance it.

Port - removed patch 8.11. This was quite an enjoyable map, I think it was removed because there were positions that could be taken where it was possible to get side shoots in. It tended to confuse the red players too much.

Severogorsk - promoted camping. Was a good map to sit on the side or back in a TD. Let the enemy expend themselves on your heavies and mediums, let most of your own team die, and then finish off the enemy when it finally comes into full view of the few base camping TD's. Not really a good gameplay map. Nice winter scenery though.

South Coast - removed in patch 9.12 - I think this one got removed partly due to physics. Could be re-worked and return. Has the potential to look very good with the up graded graphics

Highway - not really sure why this one was removed. Too open? Re-work and bring it back? Only removed in patch 1.0, so something to do with the new graphics?

Edited by arthurwellsley, 06 July 2018 - 10:39 AM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #18 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3263 battles
I agree with the OP. Without knowing how much memory each map requires, I wonder if WG sets some arbitrary limit on what it considers an upper maximum. My suspicion is that the average Russian pc isn't up to much. Might we have more maps if, say, the US were the biggest market?

lampround #19 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13034 battles
There are 30 maps?!? Why does it feel more like 5? I got the same map last night about 5 times out of 20 battles.

Elmer_Fud #20 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1702 battles

View Postlampround, on 06 July 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

There are 30 maps?!? Why does it feel more like 5? I got the same map last night about 5 times out of 20 battles.

30???...could have fooled me, in the last 3 days all I've seen is Mines (over and over and over) Abbey, Himmelsdorf (as often as mines) Prok a few times and provance a few times...And thats it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users