bots

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Rozbrus #21 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9473 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 07 July 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

Well. If we had a progress system, even a very soft and simple one, these things wouldn't exist.
But we always had those accounts, it's nothing new. The problem is that it all got worse over the years, so that you get those - meaning both bots and botlevel players - in every single match.

The problem today is that ingenious 3/5/7 system where the whole team is dependent on only three players. And if these are bot level ones dying in the first two minutes with 0 damage you can simply press ESC and go back to garage or find the nearest lake to drown yourself. It was not present in 2011 - 2013 when I first played the game.

Jigabachi #22 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRozbrus, on 07 July 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

The problem today is that ingenious 3/5/7 system where the whole team is dependent on only three players. And if these are bot level ones dying in the first two minutes with 0 damage you can simply press ESC and go back to garage or find the nearest lake to drown yourself. It was not present in 2011 - 2013 when I first played the game.

Why do people always blame MM when it's more than obvious that this is just a symptom and not the cause?

Dorander #23 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostTankistu, on 07 July 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Your calculations are off because you left out the fact that he has 9 tanks not just one. So when he dies in 2 minutes in one tank he doesn't wait around for the battle to finish, he goes back to the garage, jumps in another tank and enters another battle. This and the fact that many are low tiers (battles don't last long in low-tier games) means he can have a lot of battles in a single hour. Maybe 15-20 or more. So you're wrong about him being a bot, and you've also committed naming and shaming. Edit his name out of that pic. 

This would be a better point if you had checked the account details, you'd have noticed that the account has nearly half its total battles in ONE tank, the Locust. If what you describe occured, you'd see a more even distribution in tanks played.

Katyusha_Taichou #24 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25144 battles

I had battle with bot just a day before they announced that new purge few days ago (or was it like week already I dunno)

I only remember it was on Fjords and I was in premium IS-2, dont remember what tank was bot in. So this guy was afk entire battle, he didnt even turn his turret or anything that could suggest it was player who got disconected or something, no he was just sitting still on base. We were loosing, and after my tank was destroyed I went to spectator mod on that bot before battle ended. Bot was still sitting on base, but - and here it comes, LARGE BUT, when one enemy tank fired a damaging shot into it, then the bot just moved forward and fired in front of it. Next shot destroyed him.

And I saw this multiple times, mostly during the night. Bot sits on base, and moves to some location or fires or whatever, after somebody shoots him, or pushes him. Untill that bot does not react to anything. I saw such a bot even when I was looking at streamer once.

I don't know if the last purge finally banned them all, but I really dont think so.

Edited by Katyusha_Taichou, 12 July 2018 - 09:34 PM.

TungstenHitman #25 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19806 battles

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 06 July 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

So today seems to be one of those days when no matter how hard you try is hard to find the will to play. It`s one bad game after another. Maybe Claus is right and the game is possessed.... who knows?! Still, last game I was on Serene Coast playing in my 50B. Of course it ended bad for us. 90% of the team went East flank, including the only 2 meds in the team: and Obj 140 and a 430. Needless to say, they both died in less then 2 minutes. So, after the game, I went and check their profiles. Obj 140 was your average player so nothing fancy about that... we all have bad games. But then I looked at Obj 430 and... oh boy... my eyes start bleeding instantly. Yet, this is not why I decide to start this thread. You see, the Obj 430 (I don`t consider this to be naming&shaming) started his account on June 21, like 16 days ago. Yet, he already have over 2500 battles... that`s like 157 battles a day! :amazed: I mean, even with 5 min a battle, this adds up to 13 hours every single day for the last 2 weeks. And then you wonder why even higher tiers are unplayable...

Nah probably not, this is a fairly common win rate % nowadays and if the account was a bot it would probably not have had a 5 kill battle and would probably have a lot more battle buddies. Also the sample size is very small and I was probably the same win rate with that battle count the only problem here I see is he is playing such a high tier so it's just a total clueless noob that has absolutely no idea what he's doing, fail rushed his way to higher tiers and is totally out of his depth.... even though top tier players are just as bad tbh, and mostly clueless fail grinds like this guy, which is why I don't play above tier8 much any more, the stress is not good for my health to watch my credits evaporate as teams of clueless trashbags drool along with actions suggesting this is their first game ever played in wot.

Also tagged with bots

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users