Fjords North Spawn issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DA_ZOHAN #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55244 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

Just in case some dev reads this, (I doubt it, but nothing ventured nothing gained)

In the northern spawn, the section in which arty spawns and plays.  If you drive to the left, and reach the area of the water in A5, there are several rocks that are hidden through the bushes that can make the SPG flip.  On the southern spawn, there is no such issue. 

I have flipped there, and I have seen a few SPG's flip there as well.  Most players ROFL'ed in chat, I did too, and while I did go and help, others just shrug it off and concentrate on their own game instead of trying to help their SPG who can help their team.

It is one thing if the terrain was clearly visible, but the passage there is narrow to begin with, and the spot is unavoidable.

nikolaink123 #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21030 battles
Don't you think it's a bigger problem that Fjords is a completely one-sided map?

DA_ZOHAN #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55244 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View Postnikolaink123, on 06 July 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Don't you think it's a bigger problem that Fjords is a completely one-sided map?

Entirely.

The Southern Spawn has a huge advantage PERIOD.

Especially the b9 area where they can shoot the new hill area with impunity.  Much bigger fields of fire.

In CW this can be negated by a base camp on the norther spawn.  but in randoms it obviously cannot.

I just pointed out a spot where bushes conceal a spot that can flip a tank over that is hard to overcome.

Steve8066 #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12437 battles

View Postnikolaink123, on 06 July 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Dont you think its an even bigger problem that Fjords is just a terrible map full stop?

DA_ZOHAN #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55244 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostSteve8066, on 06 July 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Dont you think its an even bigger problem that Fjords is just a terrible map full stop?

It simply has too big of a no mans land.  There are 3-4 brawl spots, and anyone that ventures out into the no mans land has ZERO cover.  Not even bushes for a quick scout to passive spot.

The modification to this map made it much worse.   No doubt about it.

tankqull #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20928 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 06 July 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Entirely.

The Southern Spawn has a huge advantage PERIOD.

Especially the b9 area where they can shoot the new hill area with impunity.  Much bigger fields of fire.

In CW this can be negated by a base camp on the norther spawn.  but in randoms it obviously cannot.

I just pointed out a spot where bushes conceal a spot that can flip a tank over that is hard to overcome.

its not only B9

Posted Image

both areas A & B are actually the problem. as A entirely supresses the area 1 thx to the concave mountain caverns to be arty safe and on top able to break LOS by them to disapear and come back once being unspotted.

B on the other side provides 100% safe support to the Areas 2 & 3 wich have absolutly no backup for themselfes leading to being slaughtered all the time when having comparable player potentials.

map would need some rework like this:

Posted Image

where the west side will get td/arty support from A a raised peninsula, a new plateau on top of the mountain (red area) with restricted fireangels due to the mountain itself only granting support to the reworked B9 area that no longer grants the 100 % safe spots and forces the eastern side when moving up there to use hulldown options over there.

from my perspective that would significantly increase the western options to work together, instead of being forced to be nothing but frontline fighters while the east side can use staggered fighting lines covering each other or being practically invisable.

KillingJoker #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

The only way the northern team can win this map is by coordinating quick assault on the on the north path, also shown as A in the above post.

other day i was platooning and we rushed north path very quickly to take position in safe before they could even shoot our backs, but this takes at least 3 tanks that are decided to go there, its a high risk, high reward move, as after you take the north path, you can break completely the southern team either by going directly to their cap, spot the td's and kill them, or break the middle by also killing the hill spoter from those bushes in the middle road under the mountain...

Yet this map, still needs a revamp, i fully agree with the post above by tankqull, the areas A and B his represented need to be changed, either by removing the trees or bushes making it more easy to detect campers...

in order to make this map more dynamic and fun to play, i would considerably remove many of the vegetation in it, add two or tree houses and rocks in the middle, so its not an open dead end, and make that area playable like the old map before the 1.0 that was much more balanced than this and more fun to play. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users