GDPR: the right to be forgotten & forum posts

• Please log in to reply
550 replies to this topic

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Dear WG staff,

I've messaged just about the entire community staff with not a single response in weeks, so I will try it this way before resorting to filing a report. 

My nickname and thus forum content can be traced back to me personally. Therefore, under GDPR Art. 17 I hereby enact my "Right to erasure" and request that you either remove or depersonalize the forum content I have created. Furthermore I would like someone from staff to contact me about this issue in private.

That is all, thank you

Hedgehog1963 #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51586 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
How can it be traced to you?

Shivva #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29809 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostTr0gledyte, on 06 July 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Dear WG staff,

I've messaged just about the entire community staff with not a single response in weeks, so I will try it this way before resorting to filing a report. 

My nickname and thus forum content can be traced back to me personally. Therefore, under GDPR Art. 17 I hereby enact my "Right to erasure" and request that you either remove or depersonalize the forum content I have created. Furthermore I would like someone from staff to contact me about this issue in private.

That is all, thank you

Someone woke up wanting some attention today?

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16717 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Jesus H Christ on a bike.

It's Friday and they're out in force already.

I can guarantee you, no one gives a monkey's nut who you are in real life, so let's stop with the snowflake act please.

sgtYester #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54758 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

ah yes, this one went to paypal and disputed all his payments..   and he actually got them and got banned from wot :)

and now he wants to destroy the evidence that he willingly defrauded wg :D

plz wg do contact him.. via a lawyer and sue this kid

evilchaosmonkey #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16717 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostsgtYester, on 06 July 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

ah yes, this one went to paypal and disputed all his payments..   and he actually got them and got banned from wot :)

and now he wants to destroy the evidence that he willingly defrauded wg :D

plz wg do contact him.. via a lawyer and sue this kid

Ahhh it's this kid.

Surely the first step would be to delete your account?

Which they haven't done,

Now apparently everyone can link the fact they're a snowflake to them in real life.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.

Second step would be to put it in a letter addressed to them at the correspondence address.

He can spend some of his (frankly childishly) recovered money on a stamp.

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Presumably he didnt want to be forgotten as much as he thought, so he came back to make a thread to remind us all about him. 

I'm guessing he isnt worried about any players tracing him, but rather WG themselves tracing him. I cant see how any of us could find out who he really is even if we wanted to. 

I wonder if he is trying the same tactics on all the other forums he is a member of, and in particular Change.ORG where he started a petition to force WG to apologise to Sir Foch.

TheDrownedApe #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44627 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

but...

but........

this forum is my life, pwease WG don't make me anonymous, this is all i have. :arta:

Balc0ra #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67348 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTr0gledyte, on 06 July 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

How so? There is nothing on WG's public profile on you that shows anything about the real you? If you done that in other places with the same nick so others can trace it back to you personally. Then that's not WG's issue. That's yours and the site you posted it on. As the other places that exact nick is used shows more info then WG does. Info I presume you decided to share about... you. 

_b_ #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55425 battles

If I didn't like tanks so much I'd done exactly the same as him with PayPal! .....the customer treatment from WG as a company are just about the most rageinducing I've come across.  And indeed some of the goods bought for real money now have less/none of the features that were their sellingpoint back in the days...but....love tanks so can't be arsed about it. Besides whine here on forum at times....only sign I do care... otherwise I'd quit game and forum cold turkey :P

This game could be so much better, but their only focus is to get as much $$$ as fast as possible no matter how ...

And OP got a point, the new rules do make for some interesting points for games and forums like this ...ofc WG will just blatantly ignore.  If related to customers they couldn't be less interested :D

an0ther #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33662 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 06 July 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

My nickname and thus forum content can be traced back to me personally. 

(You can delete your account from account management, btw ...)

Edited by an0ther, 06 July 2018 - 07:02 PM.

vixu #12 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43037 battles

most people don't understand GDPR. 

It does not mean that you may demand whatever you've written on the fence to be erased by the city services if you desire so. 

information written/produced by a person is not the same as personal information. 

As for your posts on the forum under your nick... have you ever heard that something that is posted to the public Internet  will stay there forever? Besides, whet stops anybody else assuming "your" nickname and start posting with it? 

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15019 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 06 July 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Dear WG staff,

That is all, thank you

You messaged the entire community staff, lol and you want to be be forgotten, forget it mate there will be a hidden file on you in FSB HQ, lol.

If they think mentioning the Defender is spam, then watch your back, they come and take you away and send you to the Gulag's.

Ceeb #14 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30881 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Dear WG staff,

That is all, thank you

And you are ?

ThinGun #15 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles
The only thing you have a 'right of erasure ' over is PII that could be used to profile you.    Good luck trying to persuade anyone in the known Universe that your posts under a pseudonym fall into that category.

Oh, and stop being such a drama queen.  

wsatnutter #16 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25375 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Dear WG staff,

That is all, thank you

Yourself and your threads are an insult to humanity and Qpranger agrees 

Alabamatick #17 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 06 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

How can it be traced to you?

He must be a caveman :trollface:

MD_Titus #18 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12787 battles
  • [VNP] VNP
I personally applaud the lengths you are going to to fk with WG, properly giving something back for some of the shite that's been ladled onto players such as the v4 and the pmm debacle.

ThinGun #19 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles

View PostMD_Titus, on 06 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I personally applaud the lengths you are going to to fk with WG, properly giving something back for some of the shite that's been ladled onto players such as the v4 and the pmm debacle.

That's basically applauding someone for p1ssing into the wind.  Or smacking themselves in the mouth.  Both will have the same effect on WG as demanding a right to erasure on data that isn't actually covered by GDPR.  Sheesh ... talk about the blind leading the people who are sightless.

Isharial #20 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20441 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

honestly trog, just sod off and find another games company to "play" with :sceptic:

you left, you don't care about the game, why come back? forget about it and move on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users