British Cruiser Line rework suggestion and Vickers MBT mini Branch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Grand_Moff_Tano #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1765 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

I've been looking at the British Cruiser Tank line to see what changes could be made that doesn't remove vehicles, though it may involve merging 2 tanks into 1.

Now one of the problems I have the British Cruiser line is some tanks are overtiered compared to their contemporaries of other tank lines, such as the British Comet, this made even more so with the introduction of the Firefly, which uses the same gun more or less, the Comets being a smaller version of it with a different cartridge to fit the smaller breach.

The main suggestion is to downtier all British Cruiser tanks in that branch by 1, from the Covenantor to the Comet, the Covenantor acting as either a replacement for, or an Alternative to the Cruiser Mk. IV, which can either be merged into the Cruiser Mk. III, or staying where it is with no change.

The Crusader and Cromwell would lose their top guns, the Crusader the 6-Pounder Mk. V, which it never used anyway so it won't be missed, and the Cromwell the 75mm Vickers HV, to keep the Cromwell Berlin unique and without needing to touch it. A new Tier 7 would also be added, the Centurion Prototype, which will use the 20mm Polsten and Besa turrets, the former as the fully upgraded turret, and armed only with the 77mm and 17-Pounder Guns. The Centurion above it at Tier 8 will also be changed, stock with the Mk. 3 Turret and upgraded to the Mk. 5. The line would not change from there. Alternatively though the Centurion I will stay the same, and the Centurion Prototype will be stuck with 1 turret option.

Additionally a new mini Branch should be added from the Centurion starting at Tier 9 with the Vickers MBT Mk. 1, and ending with the Vickers MBT Mk. 4, the latter having an aluminum hull and steel turret and armed with a 120mm L11A5.

I believe the changes will not only improve the experience of the British Tank line of that branch, but also make the tanks more in line with their counterparts of their rival nations. And yes I probably am taking this too seriously, and well aware that this may not even reach the Devs.

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15124 battles

The picture looks awesome, what tier would you suggest, 6 7 or 8 for whatever that thing is?

Then again WG hates things British, so any thing that makes the Brit line better I doubt is ever going to happen.

Grand_Moff_Tano #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1765 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostNoobySkooby, on 06 July 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

The picture looks awesome, what tier would you suggest, 6 7 or 8 for whatever that thing is?

Then again WG hates things British, so any thing that makes the Brit line better I doubt is ever going to happen.

Tier 10 obviously, it is armed with a 120mm L11A5.

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15124 battles

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 06 July 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Tier 10 obviously, it is armed with a 120mm L11A5.

Ah yes ofc, starnger things have happened theough the Defender unavailable spam tank, came with tier nine alpha gun according to some and tier 10 hull armour according to others.

But hey don't mention the Defender as you get labeled a Spammer, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users