Jump to content


Tankfest 2019!

Excitement Forumites Tonks

  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Joggaman #161 Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25036 battles
  • 6,850
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 24 June 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

Do any of you guys have experience of Snelling Farm Campsite please?  I've booked it for this weekend for me and the lad, but I need to advise to them the registration of the car I'm bringing.  I'd like to bring my weekend car, but I'm a bit precious about it and if they are going to be kids kicking footballs or whatever near it, I'll just leave it and bring the old banger instead.

 

Sorry, I have no idea...

We have this other thread we use in gameplay section. More people see it there. Try your luck there:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/709487-forumites-tankfest/page__pid__16954982#entry16954982



Dadford #162 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11176 battles
  • 284
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 24 June 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Do any of you guys have experience of Snelling Farm Campsite please?  I've booked it for this weekend for me and the lad, but I need to advise to them the registration of the car I'm bringing.  I'd like to bring my weekend car, but I'm a bit precious about it and if they are going to be kids kicking footballs or whatever near it, I'll just leave it and bring the old banger instead.

 

I'm going again this year, went last year for first time. Everyone seemed pitched around perimeter and the space in the middle was huge. Some hay bales to climb on but didn't see anyone kicking a ball. If they had been in the middle it would have been fine. Stayed one night, toilet is, a shed over a hole, take own paper, no taps just hand gel. Didn't get chance to use the shower.

Fires seemed popular.

Long dusty driveway to site, 2 fields, one marked as quiet.

Not much of a drive to Museum.

Hope that helps.



Wolfram_Apex #163 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7772 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

Joggaman, thanks for responding.  Luckily Dadford had all the answers :great:

 

Dadford, much appreciated and very useful.  From what you describe I think we will be fine in the quiet field.  Looking at google earth it appears there is a footpath to Bovington Camp and it doesn't seem too far.  Weather forecast looks about as good as we can reasonably expect for the UK.  So hopefully a great weekend coming up!



Homer_J #164 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • 34,742
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 25 June 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Joggaman, thanks for responding.  Luckily Dadford had all the answers :great:

 

I had an idea that at least one clan stayed up there in the past but wasn't sure if any of them were active on the forum or even active at all.

 

If you want to pop down to Wool on the Friday evening a few of us will be at the Ship Inn for refreshments.



Dadford #165 Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11176 battles
  • 284
  • [-U_T-] -U_T-
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 25 June 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Joggaman, thanks for responding.  Luckily Dadford had all the answers :great:

 

Dadford, much appreciated and very useful.  From what you describe I think we will be fine in the quiet field.  Looking at google earth it appears there is a footpath to Bovington Camp and it doesn't seem too far.  Weather forecast looks about as good as we can reasonably expect for the UK.  So hopefully a great weekend coming up!

 

We camped in the other field with several from clan HGMAD. It was very quiet, don't know if we dropped lucky or it's normal for both fields to be quiet.

Can you walk to the Museum without crossing MOD property? We packed up on the Sunday morning and drove there and parked on the school, just minutes walk from the FV4005 entrance.



Wolfram_Apex #166 Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7772 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

 

I had an idea that at least one clan stayed up there in the past but wasn't sure if any of them were active on the forum or even active at all.

 

If you want to pop down to Wool on the Friday evening a few of us will be at the Ship Inn for refreshments.

 

Thank you for the invitation and I will definitely try and make it.  I am sure after driving from Lincolnshire, and then setting up camp, refreshments will absolutely be in order.

Wolfram_Apex #167 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7772 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostDadford, on 26 June 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

 

We camped in the other field with several from clan HGMAD. It was very quiet, don't know if we dropped lucky or it's normal for both fields to be quiet.

Can you walk to the Museum without crossing MOD property? We packed up on the Sunday morning and drove there and parked on the school, just minutes walk from the FV4005 entrance.

 

I suppose I can take a view on which field is the better option when I get there.  I'm not sure if the path I can see is crossing MoD property, the same thought did occur to me, so I might send younger legs to do a recce, whilst I set up our camp.  I'll be more than happy to get there either way as I will get to see the full event on Saturday.  Last year the traffic was a nightmare and I didn't arrive till about 2pm, even though I had got as far as Southampton before 9am, hence this plan to come down the day before and camp a couple of nights.

LincolnTank #168 Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9009 battles
  • 255
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015
The LincolnTank transporter is on the road. Dorset bound

Wolfram_Apex #169 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7772 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 26 June 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostHomer_J, on 25 June 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

 

I had an idea that at least one clan stayed up there in the past but wasn't sure if any of them were active on the forum or even active at all.

 

If you want to pop down to Wool on the Friday evening a few of us will be at the Ship Inn for refreshments.

 

Thank you for the invitation and I will definitely try and make it.  I am sure after driving from Lincolnshire, and then setting up camp, refreshments will absolutely be in order.

 


...and failed.  I actually thought trying to get around the M25 at lunchtime was a good play.  Long story short; arrived late; sorry I missed you guys.

Homer_J #170 Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • 34,742
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostLincolnTank, on 27 June 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

The LincolnTank transporter is on the road. Dorset bound

And it was good to see you.

 

View PostWolfram_Apex, on 01 July 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

 


...and failed.  I actually thought trying to get around the M25 at lunchtime was a good play.  Long story short; arrived late; sorry I missed you guys.

We had a couple of good nights on the Friday and Saturday.  Hope you enjoyed the tanks though.



eekeeboo #171 Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46772 battles
  • 2,401
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

I'm sorry for being so busy as of late, but I wanted to say hello and thank you to all the amazing people we met and I had the fortune of seeing face to face for the first time! 

 

Also much love for the dingers t-shirt! 

 







Also tagged with Excitement, Forumites, Tonks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users