Jump to content


Why am I no longer permitted to speak with my enemy?


  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

CremeFraiche #1 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24041 battles
  • 1,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

Who got the brilliant idea to remove the option to speak with my enemies?

Was it because, as usual, a few people spammed, abused or cursed the opposing team?

Why should the majority be punished for what the minority does?

Why don't you just ban the offenders? Instead you apply restrictions to the majority of normal players...

 

I miss the the friendly smack-talk at the beginning of a game.

I miss saying hello to someone I know on the opposing team.

I miss being able to congratulate the enemy team for a deserving win.

 

So, in which patch will we be able to communicate with each other again?

Or will you remove the friendly team chat as well soon?


Edited by CremeFraiche, 06 July 2018 - 07:16 PM.


TsundereWaffle #2 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27233 battles
  • 11,058
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
I believe it was removed like 2 years ago or something?

CremeFraiche #3 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24041 battles
  • 1,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 06 July 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

I believe it was removed like 2 years ago or something?

 

I have been away 2 years or so...

But what does it matter how long ago it was removed?



TsundereWaffle #4 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27233 battles
  • 11,058
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostCremeFraiche, on 06 July 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

I have been away 2 years or so...

But what does it matter how long ago it was removed?

 

It doesn't, am I not allowed to make any remarks on a subject?

vixu #5 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43037 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

X-team-chat sample:

Player A: ha-ha, how does it fill to be hit by an arty? 

Player B: *%¤&#&# #&% #&5# #&% sky pig #&%#

Player C: ¤%& ¤/6 mother /%¤&/#& family ¤/&/¤/&¤ day

Player A: cry more

Player B: ¤¤7 #%&  /%/5¤  you ¤6% #¤(&¤ ¤&!

Player B: get ¤%#)")(!

 



If you enable filtering, the chat will be almost all full of ***** :D

But, yes, half of the fun of playing arty is gone.



Nov_A #6 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 49108 battles
  • 4,089
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    02-28-2012

It was not because a few people insulted the enemy, it was because a lot of people were insulting the enemy.



CremeFraiche #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24041 battles
  • 1,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 06 July 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

 

It doesn't, am I not allowed to make any remarks on a subject?

 

Of course you are, it was not my intention to be rude.

I just find it baffling whenever someone is removing or impeding our way to communicate, either in a game or in real life.

 

 



gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11377 battles
  • 2,240
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

You can compliment enemy arty players after the match about their skills

 



Mr_Burrows #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45720 battles
  • 1,968
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 06 July 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

You can compliment enemy arty players after the match about their skills

 

 

I get those quite frequently. Always my pleasure. leFH does that to people. 

Tom_Deekanarry #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7624 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    06-28-2012
It was removed to stop dorks acting like dorks

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11377 battles
  • 2,240
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostMr_Burrows, on 06 July 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

I get those quite frequently. Always my pleasure. leFH does that to people. 

 

lefh at tier 5 is utter BS and you know it

HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27750 battles
  • 2,462
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostMr_Burrows, on 06 July 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

I get those quite frequently. Always my pleasure. leFH does that to people. 

 

a particularly nasty piece of pay to win, you have 2185 battles in it, BTW.

 

View PostCremeFraiche, on 06 July 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Who got the brilliant idea to remove the option to speak with my enemies?

Was it because, as usual, a few people spammed, abused or cursed the opposing team?

Why should the majority be punished for what the minority does?

Why don't you just ban the offenders? Instead you apply restrictions to the majority of normal players...

 

I miss the the friendly smack-talk at the beginning of a game.

I miss saying hello to someone I know on the opposing team.

I miss being able to congratulate the enemy team for a deserving win.

 

So, in which patch will we be able to communicate with each other again?

Or will you remove the friendly team chat as well soon?

 

snowflakes.
 

CremeFraiche #13 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24041 battles
  • 1,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 06 July 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

 

snowflakes.

 

Yes, that would be my short answer as well.

Sad to see, soon you will only be able to chose from 10 snowflake approved words to speak in chat.



Mr_Burrows #14 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45720 battles
  • 1,968
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 06 July 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

lefh at tier 5 is utter BS and you know it

 

Just did 1500 dmg in a game, while you wrote. 

 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 06 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

 

a particularly nasty piece of pay to win, you have 2185 battles in it, BTW.

 

See above. Wonder if that one was in the count. 

 

Edit: As of now, 2193 games.


Edited by Mr_Burrows, 06 July 2018 - 07:52 PM.


250swb #15 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23141 battles
  • 5,258
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

Removed to limit abuse to one enemy, your own team, and also to stop people with a bug up their backside reporting team positions to the red team. Send love messages after the battle if you want to send a proposition to somebody on the red team.

 



CremeFraiche #16 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24041 battles
  • 1,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

View Post250swb, on 06 July 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Removed to limit abuse to one enemy, your own team, and also to stop people with a bug up their backside reporting team positions to the red team. Send love messages after the battle if you want to send a proposition to somebody on the red team.

 

 

I totally agree on the issue with reporting positions.

But do you really think it's the right way to go? Simple solution, turn off the ability to chat with a certain group of people?

Not all people are toxic in chat and why should the majority be restrained just because a few can't behave?

Maybe things have changed for the worse during the time I have been absent, I don't know, I just don't like being censored or unable to communicate with whomever I chose.

 

Edit: Not that I play tons of games but during my 20-years or so gaming this is the first time I see this kind of thing happen.


Edited by CremeFraiche, 06 July 2018 - 08:05 PM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51226 battles
  • 2,077
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
Never liked that "all" chat mode. It was abused most of the time and almost nothing good came from it.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 06 July 2018 - 08:06 PM.


Mr_Burrows #18 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45720 battles
  • 1,968
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Never liked that "all" chat mode. It was abused most of the time and almost nothing good came from it.

 

Actually very true. The amount of "get cancer noob!" and similar stuff - pointless and actually somewhat distracting. 

The one thing that was bad about it was the telling on allys once dead-behavior. Pinging the map, shouting "E4!" and similar. 

The abuse part could however be handled differently; just turn off chat. I have done that, and it is a blessing. 



Karasu_Hidesuke #19 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16170 battles
  • 3,991
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 July 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Never liked that "all" chat mode. It was abused most of the time and almost nothing good came from it.

 

I actually for one had no problems with it.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #20 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24820 battles
  • 2,692
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostCremeFraiche, on 06 July 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

 Simple solution, turn off the ability to chat with a certain group of people?

 

*edit  


Edited by Jbnn, 07 July 2018 - 07:35 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users