Jump to content


WoT Collectors Edition Pre Order.


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

xx984 #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 53088 battles
  • 2,386
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

https://wargamingsto...dition-roll-out

 

Pre-Ordered mine recently, But what interests me is their wording for what would be a bonus code,

  • DLC (Platform: PC or Xbox or PS4; ingame value 45€+)

DLC, Meaning Downloadable content. Which a bonus code is obviously not DLC. But rather additional content, or in-game goods. Could just be WG wording it poorly and being idiots as usual But thought this was interesting and wanted others thoughts. 

 

 



SkipperCH #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7102 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    06-15-2012
Probably a Premium tank around Tier VIII. Or maybe the only chance to ever get a Defender again? :ohmy:

Jigabachi #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,565
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
I still don't understand why anyone who is familiar with the ways this company works would still throw that much money at them...

Dis4ster #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27952 battles
  • 2,940
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 07 July 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

I still don't understand why anyone who is familiar with the ways this company works would still throw that much money at them...

 

Because its a collectors edition limited to just 5k worldwide. Its still worthless because its from WG, they might produce more if they sell good, but the thing with collectors editions is they get more expensive over time(if not opened), because new collectors appear who missed the chance to get one of these, they might want to get this useless stuff and most of them will be ready to pay x times the price that you bought them for.

Wintermute_1 #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42946 battles
  • 1,228
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

Latest offering from WGs 'What other dumb cr*p can we get em' to buy?' division.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,565
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostDis4ster, on 07 July 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

Because its a collectors edition limited to just 5k worldwide. Its still worthless because its from WG, they might produce more if they sell good, but the thing with collectors editions is they get more expensive over time(if not opened), because new collectors appear who missed the chance to get one of these, they might want to get this useless stuff and most of them will be ready to pay x times the price that you bought them for.

That behaviour is one of the reasons why we can't have nice things in the world...



r0f #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6076 battles
  • 275
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

That looks like a nice little statue to be honest. Well no, if that ain't plastic it is truly an awesome little statue. :ohmy:

 



Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 30679 battles
  • 8,292
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

Looks like a sound investment, and one I expect to see auctioned for £5 on Bargain Hunt in a few years

 

You could always try setting up a 1:16 scale Tankfest in your garden instead.

 

Unknown Smoking 1:16 Rc Tank German Tiger I Panzer W/. Engine Sound & Airsoft Gun

 

£80 from Amazon, full radio control, and a working airsoft gun. Useful for when the neighbours cat thinks about curling one off on your new manicured lawn.



an0ther #9 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31757 battles
  • 1,756
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011
I'm guessing a bonus code for the white tiger. 

_b_ #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54993 battles
  • 3,959
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

I just don't trust them anymore...too much silliness going on. So #walletclosed.

 

And LRS, you gotta paint it! Done mine in as close to Normandy'44 I could. :)



vixu #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41933 battles
  • 3,200
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
collectors addition implies, that is should be a "collectible". I have my serious doubts that anything about computer games in general is going to last long enough to become a "collectible". Still, there are lots of people who can afford wasting 150 eur for fun.

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62945 battles
  • 3,111
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Why though. What in that package would possibly make you want to spend 160 Eurekas. 

DuncaN_101 #13 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52770 battles
  • 1,747
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 07 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Looks like a sound investment, and one I expect to see auctioned for £5 on Bargain Hunt in a few years

 

You could always try setting up a 1:16 scale Tankfest in your garden instead.

 

Unknown Smoking 1:16 Rc Tank German Tiger I Panzer W/. Engine Sound & Airsoft Gun

 

£80 from Amazon, full radio control, and a working airsoft gun. Useful for when the neighbours cat thinks about curling one off on your new manicured lawn.

I got one of those... Cheap on ebay quite fun though 



jack_timber #14 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32492 battles
  • 1,896
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Maybe, just maybe, I have short arms and deep pockets (otherwise known as a tight fisted old git) but it appears a tad expensive.

xx984 #15 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 53088 battles
  • 2,386
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 07 July 2018 - 08:29 AM, said:

Why though. What in that package would possibly make you want to spend 160 Eurekas. 

 

1) while WG make questions decisions I still love the game a crapton.

2) statue would look nice on display after get my room done up

3) Also want the art book quite abit.

4) curious about this 'DLC' as they are calling it

 

my personal reasons for buying mine.



Mr_Burrows #16 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44370 battles
  • 1,884
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 07 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Looks like a sound investment, and one I expect to see auctioned for £5 on Bargain Hunt in a few years

 

You could always try setting up a 1:16 scale Tankfest in your garden instead.

 

Unknown Smoking 1:16 Rc Tank German Tiger I Panzer W/. Engine Sound & Airsoft Gun

 

£80 from Amazon, full radio control, and a working airsoft gun. Useful for when the neighbours cat thinks about curling one off on your new manicured lawn.

 

Youtube on the cat please! 

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 30679 battles
  • 8,292
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostMr_Burrows, on 07 July 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

 

Youtube on the cat please! 

 



Browarszky #18 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16020 battles
  • 3,537
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostDis4ster, on 07 July 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

 

Because its a collectors edition limited to just 5k worldwide. Its still worthless because its from WG, they might produce more if they sell good, but the thing with collectors editions is they get more expensive over time(if not opened), because new collectors appear who missed the chance to get one of these, they might want to get this useless stuff and most of them will be ready to pay x times the price that you bought them for.

 

 

I've never been able to understand this unopened package thing.. what does it have to do with collecting. Why aren't all the world's Ming vases still in their original packing crates or something? Huh? :amazed:

 



Sirebellus #19 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18382 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016
Surely the bonus code will just be for the Tiger 131 Supreme Package... Tiger 131, missions for Exp and Crew, Rammer, Vents and GLD and some gold

Dis4ster #20 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27952 battles
  • 2,940
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostBrowarszky, on 07 July 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

 

I've never been able to understand this unopened package thing.. what does it have to do with collecting. Why aren't all the world's Ming vases still in their original packing crates or something? Huh? :amazed:

 

 

Do you know the difference between unique art and mass produced trash? The only thing that makes this collectors editions price are the limited numbers, so it is worthless trash, however there are people who buy this trash and to have it easier to resell it for an increased price it needs to be in the original package.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users