The 3-5-7 mm is a major problem and you can't hide it WG

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35164 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I know that moderators will try to close this topic with the stupid excuse there is a major topic for the discussion of the mm...

but will like to expose in dept, a major problem that occur with it...

3-5-7 mm:

We all know this game have normally 400/500 people in queue in prime time waiting to enter a match, the majority of those people tend to play tier V-VIII , obviously due to how the economics of the game work, till tier VII you normally make credits in average/ mediocre games, and after tier VIII you start losing credits if you don't perform well, that's ok for me, that's not the problem...

The problem is, that when you introduce a template like the 3-5-7 mm, its forces the redistribution of the players in queue a complete wrong way, that basicly instead of having 400 players distributed by:

1 tier X games (30 players)

2 tier X-IX games (10 tier X players and 20 tier IX players)

and only here you remove half of people in queue for tier X, that usually are 10/15% of 400

creating space for tier VIII players to actually play as top tier, or tier VIII games...

what happens with the 3-5-7 mm? is that for every 30 players that pick tier X, you need 70 tier VIII players, and 50 tier IX players...

the template is stupid... because not only is queue demanding, as it absorbs the majority of tier VIII players into games where they have restricted action capabilities, and you wanna know why this happens? 

because WG is greedy, any average or above tier 8 player, that enters in a 3-5-7 mm this days, normally needs to play with gold, this is a fact, if your in tier VIII heavy, and you play a 3-5-7 mm, vs tier X's, and if you want to be competitive, you need at very least to play with gold, otherwise you will be completely irrelevant for the game...

but this is not everything, despite you can be a competent player and even carry 3-5-7 games vs tier X's, you still have do deal with another problem that's in the game, which is called artillery, as soon as you start showing that your a decent player or if they have XVM artties will punish you, and they remove 1000 health from your tank with 2 shots... 

So, not only you can't carry games because the mm is too restrictive, as you also have to deal with xvm/sky pig prostitutes that are in the game to ruin the experience of people who are better players.

this is RETARDED, there is no other way of expressing it WG, and there is no other reason for your game being losing players...

its the F matchmaking...

you know that, you created the template on purpose, to force people to fire more gold if they wanna be good, to force them to have premium accounts to not lose money, to force them to buy more premium tanks to make more credits, and this even might seem an excellent business model for the future, but make no mistake, you will lose in the long, term...  because people will start slowing leaving the game.

I can speak for my self, i am a resilient guy, i don't like to gave up, and i already invested a lot of time and money into your a game, its a hobby for me, but honestly, sometimes i just wanna stop playing... its so retarded when you have to grind X number of tier VIII tanks, and you still have to play 100/150 games as bottom tier, even with boosters because of your stupid template created by people who don't play the game, who don't even like the game and only care about numbers...

get rid of the 3-5-7 before you loose your player base

Edited by KillingJoker, 07 July 2018 - 11:00 AM.

brisha #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16042 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I put a lot of time and money into this game too but flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

I have stopped playing until the 3-5-7 is replaced.

Well I might have the odd game here when the right people are online at the same time but the game for now is pretty much dead to me.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 750 battles

MM thread 407 pages, 8000+ replies and not even the slightest response from WG...

so the MM is working as intended and they dont give an F about player-base feedback :teethhappy:.

Dava_117 #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20306 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Remove the priority from 3/5/7, as was in the template MM introduction patch. Job done. 

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 750 battles
I am guessing the MM will stay like this for one more year :(

Xandania #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37492 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

There are a few simple solutions (which as usual would also create problems and discontent):

- Mandatory grand battles

- increase pen of all guns in such a way that they at least can pen the weak spots of every tank they could possibly face

- more maps

And I guess everyone has noticed by now that the removal of tier 9s from the qeue due to the oh so evil pmm tanks could only have more tier Xs facing each other instead of lower tiers.

Maybe we will get some info about the situation later on - I do hope so.

Dear Moderators, would you be so kind to keep us informed about the topic?

jake_teppis #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20183 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP
As stated by OP. Only Reason with the 3-5-7 template system is to frustrate and bleed out current player base. This template system reminds me of the WOT's early years when tier spread was something like +/-3 for all tank types. I quess WG has come full circle now. Also this bond system for CW. Only favors the top clans. Because they will get all the multipliers and bonds to get them fancy Reward tanks without grinding bonds off campaing season. Above average clan players can get them reward tanks maybe every second campaing if they don't have huge bond reserves. Also this bond system discourage average and below clans participating because they know they wont get the tank even if some of them clanmembers end up in the bottom of the reward list.

CoDiGGo #8 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15024 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0

The problem is not 3-5-7.... The problem is that a tier 10 wipes out a tier 8, A tier 8 wipes out a tier 6. The problem of WOT is that bottom tiers are "underpowered" cannon fodder.

So its simple, 3-5-7 is 3 rich class, 5 middle class and 7 poors. Who is the "genius" that wanted the game succes putting game after game 80% of customers not in the best position ? 50% of customers game after game in a total underpowered position?

If the power between tiers was closer, 3-5-7 will be rich class, upper class and middle class, that makes more sense.

The gap of power between tiers is so big, and the rebalance so complex, that +-1 mm as basic game seen the only viable solution. 

BONUS: So you are finally top tier, ready to annihilate enemies... but 5 mates suicide, other 5 camp base and you lose 2-15, Nice !

Edited by CoDiGGo, 07 July 2018 - 12:23 PM.

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15124 battles
They can't hide it and we can't do [edited]all except play it, what is more they simply don't care, they are a Russian company, although I have been told they are infact Polish, so really I am just confused:amazed:

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostXandania, on 07 July 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

There are a few simple solutions (which as usual would also create problems and discontent):

- Mandatory grand battles    When i play tier 10 i get a lot of single tier games.

- increase pen of all guns in such a way that they at least can pen the weak spots of every tank they could possibly face Better not, buffing is an endless cycle. Instead they shoud start nerfing broken tier 8 tanks to fit more into their tier and nerf tiers 9 and 10 to be more balanced against tier 8.

- more maps This.

And I guess everyone has noticed by now that the removal of tier 9s from the qeue due to the oh so evil pmm tanks could only have more tier Xs facing each other instead of lower tiers. I rarely see pmm tanks because they aren't competetive anymore...i think WGs claim that pmm tanks eff up MM is just BS. Whenever i play tier 10 and sometimes tier 9 i have up to and over 45-50s waiting time and often get single tier matches but get into 3-5-7 / 5-10 matches almost instantly when i get into a tier 8. 

Maybe we will get some info about the situation later on - I do hope so.

Dear Moderators, would you be so kind to keep us informed about the topic?

LordMuffin #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 07 July 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

MM thread 407 pages, 8000+ replies and not even the slightest response from WG...

so the MM is working as intended and they dont give an F about player-base feedback :teethhappy:.

WG recently claimed that 3-5-7 was liked by the players and a success for the game.

Zoggo_ #12 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28823 battles

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 07 July 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

so the MM is working as intended and they dont give an F about player-base feedback :teethhappy:.​

It's the lack of any response from WG that is really getting me hacked off. 3/5/7 is utterly broken and they can't even be bothered to justify why this MM is good.

Tier 6 and tier 8 suffer really badly which is where the majority of their premium tank sales come from. Do WG even realize they are biting the hand that feeds them. Sales will decrease as more and more customers wake up to the fact they just bottom tier cannon fodder 80% of the time in their premium tanks.

Swallow your pride WG and admit you are wrong with this MM template, before you lose a significant chunk of your playerbase !

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #13 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 750 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 07 July 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

WG recently claimed that 3-5-7 was liked by the players and a success for the game.

yes i clearly remember reading this in a WG article , i forget where :amazed:.

"they said it received positive reviews  from the community" 

lol ,what community are they talking about :amazed:

Edited by AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, 07 July 2018 - 12:20 PM.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 07 July 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

yes i clearly remember reading this in a WG article , i forget where :amazed:.

"they said it received positive reviews  from the community" 

lol ,what community are they talking about :amazed:

The silent majority?

malaquey #15 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30205 battles

I stopped playing on the regular and giving them my money so lot's of my mates.

Talk with your wallet if you want change, otherwise good luck making thousands of threads about the same topic which they don't give a damn and gladly lock it.

Enforcer1975 #16 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postmalaquey, on 07 July 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

I stopped playing on the regular and giving them my money so lot's of my mates.

Talk with your wallet if you want change, otherwise good luck making thousands of threads about the same topic which they don't give a damn and gladly lock it.

I don't think they care much for those few that stop spending money on their product. They would start caring if at least half of the whales agreed on not spending money on the game for a few weeks then they might listen because that would leave a noticable dent in their income. 

Warzey #17 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57424 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 July 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I don't think they care much for those few that stop spending money on their product. They would start caring if at least half of the whales agreed on not spending money on the game for a few weeks then they might listen because that would leave a noticable dent in their income. 

That is of course assuming that said whales share your opinion about the state of the game. 

Blubba #18 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55131 battles

I wonder what would happen if they reversed the 3-5-7 and 5-10 for tier 10. Not actually sure that's even possible to be fair.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #19 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 750 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 July 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

people that spend money will keep spending because they are addicted on the game ,maybe the will spend less, but i predict that WG will soon release an OP tank to get some income .:)

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostWarzey, on 07 July 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

That is of course assuming that said whales share your opinion about the state of the game. 

Exactly. Whales are either those who either spend money because it's their way of playing or because they simply like the system as it is. 

On one hand whales provide the majority of WGs income but on the other hand whales are responsible that publishers riddle their games with microtransactions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users