Ideal playing times for noobs?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Bexleyheath #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As a below average skilled player, I have noticed  that there seems to be a greater number of high-skill, high-experience players at certain days at certain times during the week. For instance, I will be able to play a lot of games with people of similar skill friday to monday, but then wednesdays and thursdays the server seems to fill up with dozens of green, blue and unicum players. 

Is there a website of somekind that have statistics for average player WN8 per day of the week, and hour of the day? It would be extremely useful for me if there was, as it would enable me to avoid playing at times where the servers are flooded with players that are way out of my league.

Rati_Festa #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41437 battles
Remove xvm you will then be oblivious to this and play the game normally no matter who you face. This will ultimately show your true ability, not cherry picking noob hot spots. Problem solved.

Suurpolskija #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostRati_Festa, on 07 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

Remove xvm you will then be oblivious to this and play the game normally no matter who you face. This will ultimately show your true ability, not cherry picking noob hot spots. Problem solved.

Not activating XVM services is a great idea. It's made the game stress free for me. I still have XVM so I can see when there's a dinger forumite drowning playing in the same game. 

On the topic: Weekends and peak hours probably. I seem to do the best in the daytime but that's probably just rng. 

The best thing you can do is not worry about it. Do your best and git gud. 

Bexleyheath #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I know you mean well with the "ignore XVM, learm to play" mentality, but it's no helpful. But the truth is 1) Im never going to get good 2) Good players dont want people like me in their games. So until WG implements skillbased matchmaking like CS:GO has, its better for everyone if I stay out of the way of green+ players. That way I can have fun at my skill level and the big boys can enjoy their thing

View PostSuurpolskija, on 07 July 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

On the topic: Weekends and peak hours probably. I seem to do the best in the daytime but that's probably just rng. 

I've heard this advice before. But it would be good to have actual hard statistics, so you could actually check if it's a good time to play a couple of games or if Im better off watching netflix instead.

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostBexleyheath, on 07 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

1) Im never going to get good

2) Good players dont want people like me in their games.

1) then get a good tank and get average. :) 

2) Most players don't care about the teams they get, not until they're completely tilted. 

All in all, trust me. When you get enough games played, you'll be just fine. When you see something many enough times, you'll learn how you can play around it. 

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #6 Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7457 battles

i started to  play in morning only between 4:00am and 8:00am and the teams are so good you can feel a mature presence ,everyone doing there part ,it's really satisfying experience .

i get 60% win ratio -at least 2000 wn8 in 40-60 games easily 

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBexleyheath, on 07 July 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

But the truth is 1) Im never going to get good 2) Good players dont want people like me in their games.

One way to git gud is not to rush tiers. I was still only playing tier 5 max at your battlecount and didn't buy a premium tank for a long time. New players should stay away from tier 7 and above. Good players don't hate new players but they hate bad players with a low battlecount in high tiers especially in tier 8 premium tanks. Park them for now, get a couple tier 5 and 6 tanks you do well in and learn the maps and game mechanics first. Then make the first step to tier 7 when you manage to get a positive winrate and carry your weight in tier 5 and 6. 

Suurpolskija #8 Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostEnforcer1975, on 07 July 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

I was still only playing tier 5 max at your battlecount and didn't buy a premium tank for a long time.

I had rushed up to tier9 already at 3k games. Was a plump red tomato of a T-54. 

Then I kinda realized that's not the point of this game and got myself a Matilda, bought back T-34-85 and Stug lll g and started to really learn the game. 

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuurpolskija, on 07 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Then I kinda realized that's not the point of this game and got myself a Matilda, bought back T-34-85 and Stug lll g and started to really learn the game. 

You're one of the few who realized his mistakes instead of blaming others. 

I was lucky to have a friend who played WoT long enough to tell me which mistakes he made that i shouldn't repeat. 

Basically.

1. Don't rush
  2. Don't buy a tier 8 premium as a newb.
  3. Git gud.

I'm a bit sad that he was one of those who had enough from WG since whiners and the following nerfs to Destroyers in which he invested a lot of time in WoWs was the last nail in the coffin. Maybe i'll get him back to play Tanks again someday. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 07 July 2018 - 08:19 PM.

CremeFraiche #10 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just as old people have a special day at the grocery store where I live, they get 5% off (or something) and get to shake hands with some old, previously famous fart in order to not "disturb" and eat valuable time from "normal" customers / players.

Yes, implement this right away.

Wednesday it is, 09:00-11:00.

Edited by CremeFraiche, 07 July 2018 - 08:20 PM.

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41437 battles

View PostBexleyheath, on 07 July 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

I know you mean well with the "ignore XVM, learm to play" mentality, but it's no helpful. But the truth is 1) Im never going to get good 2) Good players dont want people like me in their games. So until WG implements skillbased matchmaking like CS:GO has, its better for everyone if I stay out of the way of green+ players. That way I can have fun at my skill level and the big boys can enjoy their thing

I've heard this advice before. But it would be good to have actual hard statistics, so you could actually check if it's a good time to play a couple of games or if Im better off watching netflix instead.

To be honest thats the wrong attitude. You dont have to have super high reflexes to be "good" you need to play a tank that suits your style/skills.

You are obviously not stupid as you have the sense to ask the question you have asked and I have seen you make intelligent posts before.

If you are older, wiser :) and prefer slower manoeuvres you need to learn maps, become map aware and learn weak spots of common tanks that you can exploit. Pick a tank that is mistake friendly like the russian heavy tank line and gradually learn the game and nuances of the maps.

Xvm in game will just confuse you if you are a learner and make u do silly things. If you are a wn8 > 1000 player it really doesnt matter if an opponent is green, blue or purple... they are going to be tricky to beat.

What you need to focus on is to do more dmg than you have hps and not from the redline. When you can achieve that you will gradually get "better". 

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCremeFraiche, on 07 July 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Just as old people have a special day at the grocery store where I live, they get 5% off (or something) and get to shake hands with some old, previously famous fart in order to not "disturb" and eat valuable time from "normal" customers / players.

Yes, implement this right away.

Wednesday it is, 09:00-11:00.

They really do that at your place? :amazed:

I really couldn't give a rat's arse about our german celebs since most of them are just trash scouted in some gutter ( Big Brother ) or a talent show. I would watch a Big Brother GULAG with them in it though. :trollface:

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostSuurpolskija, on 07 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Listen to the Enforcer, (I do wonder if in real life he does look like Clint) he gives out some good advice, as do many on here, now me being me I went about it all arse before elbow, now I am in the clouds with one tier ten. I can't remember which was my first premium, it may have been the Type 64, or Matilda BP, not sure, but after that the gates opened and I got rather addicted to anything new, it will wear off one day, soon hopefully.

Somehow, I missed out on the Defender, to this day I cannot think why i did not buy it, but in a way it is better for everyone:trollface:

Getting good is sound advice, i have a long way to go by my own admission, and do visit the lower tiers from time to time but sadly for me the higher tiers is where the fun is and i suspect many in the game will also feel the same way, not sure why, anything lower than tier 3 is just too low for me, ah well time for some Matilda fun, everyone needs a little of that on the weekend:D

Blubba #14 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52548 battles

View PostBexleyheath, on 07 July 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Lose XVM and watch a few vids on YouTube. There's a couple instructive ones there, rather than the funny or Unicum ones. As for good players not wanting you on their team, they don't get a choice and generally accept it. They're not as bad as a few make out. Just take your tank to the usual side for a med/heavy/TD. Don't crowd and see how it pans out. Do something stupid and everyone will get the hump. Clearly you read the forums so know not to do the daft things like the beach on Overlord for example.

When you die, you can sit and watch a few of your team. Maybe see things there like position and angling. It all helps and don't expect it to get easier the higher up the tiers you go.

Generally, it gets harder.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10851 battles

View PostBexleyheath, on 07 July 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

As a below average skilled player, I have noticed  that there seems to be a greater number of high-skill, high-experience players at certain days at certain times during the week. For instance, I will be able to play a lot of games with people of similar skill friday to monday, but then wednesdays and thursdays the server seems to fill up with dozens of green, blue and unicum players. 

Is there a website of somekind that have statistics for average player WN8 per day of the week, and hour of the day? It would be extremely useful for me if there was, as it would enable me to avoid playing at times where the servers are flooded with players that are way out of my league.

Sorry but you'll always be rubbish whatever time of day or night you play. 

WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15517 battles

Play SH. SH has SBMM.

It will take longer to join a battle and you can only fight in 3 Tiers, with prolly less folks but it's as close as it will get.

Offtopic: you really shouldn't let it bother you. Regardless of your own current skill, you're here to play the game. That's your business. People should just mind theirs instead of bashing you for your stats.

TheComfyChair #17 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6808 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Drink lots of alcohol...play WoT .  It's a winning formula. :izmena:

Robbie_T #18 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15046 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Thats a eazy one

workdays between 9 and 14.30 than 21.30 till next 14.30

Dont play alone In weekends dont play alone in 3x or 5x weekends

Know when the holidays are than above rules dont count

Check general chat 15.00 till 21.00 if its full with spamming and crying kiddy's its a good indication  how the matches gonna be

21.00 most of the crying kiddys are to bed and the good battles start.

I want a 21+server

Joggaman #19 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23044 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ideal playing time for noobs? Hmmm....

falcon_96 #20 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22517 battles

Umm, dude, i've seen people with 130k battles and worse stats than you. You actually are quite ok for a 3k battles player, so why the negativism?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users