Jump to content


Stop handing out useless coupons WG!


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8375 battles
  • 2,141
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

So I got an Ace tanker gameplay in my Churchill III today, and afterwards got a popup congratulating me and that I had received a coupon. Not the first one I received but it still gets me every time how useless these coupons are, since you can't apply them to gold, special offers, discounted items and time-limited offers. 

 

All that leaves is:

- premium time (still have 5 months worth since I bought a year's worth during Christmas at 30% off) 

- regular premium shop tanks, which get discounted more than 30% regularly. 

 

So what is the point to these coupons? Just stop handing them out WG. Just stop it. Or change them so you CAN apply them to gold, special offers, discounted items and time-limited offers. Otherwise just stop it. 

 

#donttypewhilstdrunk #haveagreatweekendall! 

20 is valid for 7 days from the date of receiving.



LCpl_Jones #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10816 battles
  • 905
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017
#walletclosed and [edited]the coupons

AllyourKitty #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36913 battles
  • 198
  • Member since:
    05-01-2013

Are you talking about these 'token' things I've been collecting because I don't have a clue what they're used for.

 

 



Balc0ra #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67496 battles
  • 17,181
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Don't want it. Don't use it. Plenty of ppl I suspect that do... use them. Thus why they still hand them out. 

 

Tho when they did first appear, you could stack them with current discounts on bundles even. I got the Pudel for like 70% off. I suspect that's why they did put a limit on it after a bit. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 07 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.


WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16697 battles
  • 2,577
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Don't want it. Don't use it. Plenty of ppl I suspect that do... use them. Thus why they still hand them out. 

 

Tho when they did first appear, you could stack them with current discounts on bundles even. I got the Pudel for like 70% off. I suspect that's why they did put a limit on it after a bit. 

 

He does have a point. I received such coupon myself and wanted to make a similar thread (now no longer needed ofc).

 

But the coupons are useless. Their description says the items they're not applicable, which rules out normal premium vehicles you have access to all year round, that have already seen discounts not long ago, or premium time, which is also not needed if you buy a bundle in the first place.

 

I'd prefer the coupon's value in gold or premium time itself.



Element6 #6 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29946 battles
  • 10,394
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

If it is still true that "only" 25% of players spend, and you hand out these coupons in numbers, then maybe it lures people in the non-spending 75% to spend once, which is income that else wouldn't happen. It's a bit like spam advertising, you send out 50.000 emails and if 100 bite you have made a profit.

 

Every now and then I get stuff in my mailbox that gives 10% discount on something specific, and I never use them, nor do I complain to the people who hand them out...



Suurpolskija #7 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18698 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I bought my Excelsior with such coupon... :hiding:

LCpl_Jones #8 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10816 battles
  • 905
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 08 July 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

If it is still true that "only" 25% of players spend, and you hand out these coupons in numbers, then maybe it lures people in the non-spending 75% to spend once, which is income that else wouldn't happen. It's a bit like spam advertising, you send out 50.000 emails and if 100 bite you have made a profit.

 

Every now and then I get stuff in my mailbox that gives 10% discount on something specific, and I never use them, nor do I complain to the people who hand them out...

 

or in my case persuaded me not to spend. i don't need to spend money in this game but i have and will if it's good enough to deserve it.

 

coupons not valid for  most of the stuff they offer in the premium shop because of yet more [edited]in the way of 'deals' and 'specials'  just seems like a piss take

 

i could buy a tank with preferential match making tho...



Renesco #9 Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21481 battles
  • 483
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostSuurpolskija, on 08 July 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

I bought my Excelsior with such coupon... :hiding:

 

I bought the Japanese HT VI, it was decent :girl:



peekakilla #10 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11712 battles
  • 395
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016
don't use them not a big deal :coin:

Xaltu #11 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15905 battles
  • 118
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016
I would prefer it if the coupon also offered the discount in game for the purchase of tanks. I can't think why I would want to spend cash on a tank when I already have gold that I could use to buy it.

falcon_96 #12 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23669 battles
  • 376
  • [BG3A1] BG3A1
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
Well, they are meant to push you into making an impulsive purchase, when you may want to buy a prem tank but you don't want to pay the full price for it. Some money for WG is better than no money.
Last time i got one was after a good game in the T32, so WG decided to offer me 30% discount on the T34, saying something along the lines of:
"Psst! Hey kid. You like T32? Then i have just the s*it for you! T34! Look at that big gun, yeah! Meeean bastard,that gun! Yeah! Hits hard! And the turret? Ooo Boi! Nobody can pen you! You will eat up shots like yo momma eats up buckets of chicken wings! Buy it! Tis' the real deal! 
However the coupon did not mention the paper hull, horribad mobility or PoS gun handling and DPM. Now imagine them sending such offer to a new player, who just got their first tier 8 and have no idea the Patriot exists... It is like a cruel prank!

Xaltu #13 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15905 battles
  • 118
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016
My impulsive purchase take in account lots of calculations to see if it is worth it. Many an discussion (argument?) as been had with a sales person who wanted to convince me that I could save a large amount of money buying something I would not normally buy, by spending money.

Gootti_Kustaa #14 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31736 battles
  • 692
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-16-2012

How about start seeing them as extra stuff you may or may not use. Stop seeing them as "someone else got something out of it, but I was left out".

Or even ignore them if you don't like them.

 

It is like coupons for buying coffee at your supermarket. You might not like coffee. You are not losing money because you could not use the coupon.



Xaltu #15 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15905 battles
  • 118
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    12-17-2016

View PostGootti_Kustaa, on 08 July 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

...

It is like coupons for buying coffee at your supermarket. You might not like coffee. You are not losing money because you could not use the coupon.

 

You are on to something there. I would not use the coupon to buy coffee, but I could give it to a friend who does. Option to gift the coupon?



r0f #16 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6385 battles
  • 278
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

Always up for better offers across the board, have a bump because things are getting fishy.

 

Not talking about our breakfast now :trollface:



Sunshinetrooper #17 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8172 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014

View Postundutchable80, on 07 July 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

So I got an Ace tanker gameplay in my Churchill III today, and afterwards got a popup congratulating me and that I had received a coupon. Not the first one I received but it still gets me every time how useless these coupons are, since you can't apply them to gold, special offers, discounted items and time-limited offers. 

 

All that leaves is:

- premium time (still have 5 months worth since I bought a year's worth during Christmas at 30% off) 

- regular premium shop tanks, which get discounted more than 30% regularly. 

 

So what is the point to these coupons? Just stop handing them out WG. Just stop it. Or change them so you CAN apply them to gold, special offers, discounted items and time-limited offers. Otherwise just stop it..

 

It is pretty standard across lots of businesses that coupons etc, don't stack...I can't use a 50% off coupon on a takeaway pizza with the 25% discount for collecting it - why should WG be any different?



Slyspy #18 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14205 battles
  • 16,761
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
My local kebab shop put a money off voucher through my door and I don't even like kebabs. Those barstards are just taking the mick! 

_b_ #19 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55448 battles
  • 4,077
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

The description in the coupon idea what gets to me. "Bla bla bla...something...LOTS OF STUFF...bla bla"

 

If they at least put "can only be used for a limited amount of stuff in shop" I'd not say anything.  As it is now, it's just one more "feature" in this otherwise great game and how WG treats us, that makes me go #walletclosed!



TeessideTintin #20 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8282 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
Same here, received a 20% off coupon following an exceptionally good game for me to top off the Orlik's. Had debated buying the Firefly so figured with 20% off it may tip the balance so I went to the store. Nope, no coupon there. Eventually worked out it could be used on the regular tanks like the FV4202 but not the new offers like Firefly or RAAC Cent and by then instead of tipping me over the edge from prospect to customer the coupon had tipped me over the edge from willing customer to frustrated not wanting to do any trade. Not the best marketing strategy - although perhaps it has some success o others.

Edited by AdsterMFC, 08 July 2018 - 12:33 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users