Map rotation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Thuis001 #1 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5917 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Hello everyone, today I wanted to talk about the maprotation.

A couple of patches ago (9.19 or something) WG had improved the map rotation by adding a system that prevented you from ending up in the same exact map over and over again. For a while everything was fine and dandy and the map rotation was actually a lot better. However, recently I've been seeing the maprotation placing me in the same couple of maps over and over again during a session. My last 147 games (those of which I had replays) were on these maps: 

Spoiler

More over these are times in which I've seen a map multiple times in either the same session (or if the session contains more then 10 matches in those 10 matches.)

Today erlenberg twice inside 8 games, now it's Erlenberg so yeah seeing it once per session is MORE then enough XD, 2-7, here the Map rotation was seriously drunk: I had two cycles of ruinberg, serene coast, live oaks which was both weird and kinda annoying. 30-6, despite the large amount of games the MR did really well, only saw Mountain pass and Fisherman's bay twice.  29-6: cliff and Ensk twice... 25-6: map rotation had another bad day (sjeez it appears that mondays and map rotation don't go well together, perhaps it shouldn't stay at the bar as late on sunday evening...) Erlenberg twice with 3 games inbetween, and 3 times himmelsdorf, 5 between the first 2 and only 1 between number 2 and 3, and abbey twice aswell... 20-6 I don't know what I did but I managed to get prohk twice with just 1 game inbetween (however that is probably SH so that would kinda explain it)

All in all it's quite a few times where the mm managed to mess up in little under 150 games and I wonder if anyone else has the same things happen in their map rotation. As such it seems like WG has managed to break the maprotation after they'd fixed it a while back, does this seem to be the case for you guys aswell or is this me having a stroke of bad luck? I would like to hear your thoughts on this aswell was how map rotation acted for you. (And take a look at the spoiler)

Either way, have a nice evening everyone,

Thuis001

Edited by Thuis001, 08 July 2018 - 07:32 PM.

Dorander #2 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

I haven't kept my knowledge of maps updated, especially since so many were removed, but it used to be the case that the game rotated maps by adding maps to a small pool of potential maps that you could get when you pressed Battle, and occasionally rotating one of these maps out and another of these maps in. Since you kept seeing maps from this pool you'd typically find yourself on the same map(s) a few times in a row until a new map was rotated in. I think the map pools were server-bound rather than player bound.

This system might've vanished or been tweaked by now but your post seems to suggest it's either still there or has returned. The old trick used to be that if you got maps you didn't like, you swapped servers and you'd get whatever map rotation was present there, if it got bad again, swap back to the other server, it should've rotated in a few new maps after some time.

Thuis001 #3 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5917 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostDorander, on 07 July 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

I haven't kept my knowledge of maps updated, especially since so many were removed, but it used to be the case that the game rotated maps by adding maps to a small pool of potential maps that you could get when you pressed Battle, and occasionally rotating one of these maps out and another of these maps in. Since you kept seeing maps from this pool you'd typically find yourself on the same map(s) a few times in a row until a new map was rotated in. I think the map pools were server-bound rather than player bound.

This system might've vanished or been tweaked by now but your post seems to suggest it's either still there or has returned. The old trick used to be that if you got maps you didn't like, you swapped servers and you'd get whatever map rotation was present there, if it got bad again, swap back to the other server, it should've rotated in a few new maps after some time.

Yeah, that sounds like what I feel is the case because indeed it seems that some maps come up more often then others during a certain week while they're not there the next. 

Bordhaw #4 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostThuis001, on 07 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Hello everyone, today I wanted to talk about the maprotation.

A couple of patches ago (9.19 or something) WG had improved the map rotation by adding a system that prevented you from ending up in the same exact map over and over again. For a while everything was fine and dandy and the map rotation was actually a lot better. However, recently I've been seeing the maprotation placing me in the same couple of maps over and over again during a session. My last 147 games (those of which I had replays) were on these maps: 

Spoiler

More over these are times in which I've seen a map multiple times in either the same session (or if the session contains more then 10 matches in those 10 matches.)

Today erlenberg twice inside 8 games, now it's Erlenberg so yeah seeing it once per session is MORE then enough XD, 2-7, here the Map rotation was seriously drunk: I had two cycles of ruinberg, serene coast, live oaks which was both weird and kinda annoying. 30-6, despite the large amount of games the MR did really well, only saw Mountain pass and Fisherman's bay twice.  29-6: cliff and Ensk twice... 25-6: map rotation had another bad day (sjeez it appears that mondays and map rotation don't go well together, perhaps it shouldn't stay at the bar as late on sunday evening...) Erlenberg twice with 3 games inbetween, and 3 times himmelsdorf, 5 between the first 2 and only 1 between number 2 and 3, and abbey twice aswell... 20-6 I don't know what I did but I managed to get prohk twice with just 1 game inbetween (however that is probably SH so that would kinda explain it)

All in all it's quite a few times where the mm managed to mess up in little under 150 games and I wonder if anyone else has the same things happen in their map rotation. I would like to hear your thoughts on this aswell was how map rotation acted for you. (And take a look at the spoiler)

Either way, have a nice evening everyone,

Thuis001

So what is your point ? 

Also tagged with Map rotation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users