• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

duijm #81 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43868 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View Postm1x_angelico, on 13 July 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

1) Because it is the path that matters as much as the goal. You will try to do your best, because you will have an amazing match and get to play with better and better players, at the end - if you are Messi, you will be playing against Ronaldo type players most of the time. 

2) I never said the effort should go unrewarded. I think you have a set picture in your mind of what you think I'm saying, although I'm not, and then analyzing flaws in these wrongly perceived parts of the picture.

3) Again, read point two above. 

I think that the main difference in our perception of the game and what it should be is that you seem to see winning and winrate as goals in themselves, where I do not. If I get into 100 battles in a row where I'm placed in a uber unicum team, allowing me to sip beer and still win all 100 matches, I think this is mega sheet. For you, I guess, this is heaven. But that's ok, because this is philosophical approach to the game. Maybe you are right, and we should all look at the matches as only a tool to realize our winrates and wins and derive our pleasure from a statistical number.

Yes but we dont get 100 teams with only unicums do we? 

And where in sports players only play for fun and not for win?

m1x_angelico #82 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22479 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View Postduijm, on 14 July 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yes but we dont get 100 teams with only unicums do we? 

And where in sports players only play for fun and not for win?

Again, it is an example. There is a point to it, which you are trying hard not to understand. Of course there is a difference between football and WOT. Most of the football players I know, don't primarily play for fun, the fun is on the side of the spectators. And as I said, no one would watch continuous 20:0 roflstomps. In case of WOT, the fun is on the side of the player, well as a basic premise. In your case it is not, your purpose in this game is to win and have high winrate. For some reason, this gives you pleasure. I don't want to go off the tangent and analyse why this is so, nor I think that would be appropriate.

If you are so invested in winning and winrates I would suggest taking excellent players in a platoon and going to lower tiers do club some baby seals.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 14 July 2018 - 05:02 PM.

duijm #83 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43868 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 July 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Again, it is an example. There is a point to it, which you are trying hard not to understand. Of course there is a difference between football and WOT. Most of the football players I know, don't primarily play for fun, the fun is on the side of the spectators. And as I said, no one would watch continuous 20:0 roflstomps. In case of WOT, the fun is on the side of the player, well as a basic premise. In your case it is not, your purpose in this game is to win and have high winrate. For some reason, this gives you pleasure. I don't want to go off the tangent and analyse why this is so, nor I think that would be appropriate.

If you are so invested in winning and winrates I would suggest taking excellent players in a platoon and going to lower tiers do club some baby seals.

I understand you want more fun in games. But maybe give real examples....not fake ones because continous getting roflstomp dont happen. And you fail to understand that with equal teams you still get roflstomps. 

Yes I play wot for winning but also for fun. And like I said their is less fun in losing more. Why put effort in a game and not get rewarded? And sealclubbing is not a effort...so no thanks. Also no cheats, rerolling or resetting account. I worked hard to go from 46% to 54% winrate.

But why dont you find 30 players who like fun and go in a trainingsroom to play? Oh and ranked battles is back soon. Lots of fun I guess.

Edited by duijm, 14 July 2018 - 06:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users