simplify experience

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Kmn04 #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32719 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

Surely if experience earned was like money. One central reserve for experience where you choose how to spend it whether to upgrade a tank or for increasing skills for a crew member.

So all the experience goes to an experience bank in your account just like coins do.

This would simplify the need to calculate what goes where. You could then concentrate on the dynamics and game play more.

So experience would just become another currency to be spent on what ever the player wants to.

There would then be no need to monitor each individual tank or crew member to assess how each bit performed and how experience was distributed.

This would enable a simpler programme, smaller programme less code needed...speed of programme would be enhanced, download and game play would improve....

Just a thought

In fact take it further, a R&D department could be added to the game play, where in order to research improvements you need scientists and engineers whose skill could be improved, Maybe resources could be won from a campaign scenario....I know it would mean redesigning the game but food for thought for future development...?

Edited by Kmn04, 08 July 2018 - 03:22 PM.

Haifeif #2 Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10992 battles
I kind of like the idea. But the Interface would be critical. If you need days to understand, how this works, it is no more fun. Like Elite Dangerous: Great simulator, but shitty game.

Kmn04 #3 Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32719 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

Cheers HaiFeif

Shouldn't be difficult to pick up you just distribute  exp earnt yourself.

Just like we spend the silver coins ourselves....

Same principle.

But guess you mean the R&D concept.

Well I'm sure there would be a period of adjustment similar to when you first started but if kept fairly simple i.e. tiered by years 1st used, plus instead of introducing more spurious so called blueprints of tanks that never got off the drawing board let alone to field trials, replaced with the chance to find them during a successful battle then with possibility to build them.

With Scientists that discover / improve % at a comparable rate to your play or by doing missions a flashing icon in the R&D tab in garage to notify you when this occurs or even to get them to assist in tech tree?

Maybe the chance to scavenge for parts after a successful battle, parts that could be used for advancing a normal tank or to be used as stock in your R&D department, plus I imagine WOT would come out with a whole load of accessories to purchase to help this R&D or types of scientists/engineers....but think the most obvious would be to do mission types.

I mean it's already almost there in clan battlefront.

Edited by Kmn04, 03 August 2018 - 09:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users