Solution for "Gold ammo"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CremeFraiche #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As the great philosopher and deep thinker as I am, I can today present you the ultimate solution to the gold ammo / Pay2Win issues so many people playing this game have different opinions on.

By default when you install this game you have the option to buy "gold ammo" as it is now in the game.

But, if you go into Settings --> General --> and untick the "Pay2Win" box you will no longer be able to buy "gold ammo".

Block Quote

Those with the option box ticked (default) will meet players with, and without "gold ammo" loaded.

Most inexperienced players will most likely never know about this option until they "mature" and start to fiddle with the settings, reading on forums and what not.

Block Quote

Those with the box unticked will only be facing players that has no "gold ammo" loaded.

Is not this proposition great say?

Now people preferring to aim for weak spots can do so and other that prefer to hit the 2 key and aim for the nearest flat side can do so.

Oh and this is by no means intended as a gold vs non-gold thread, I spam quite a lot of gold myself so I would probably leave the box in it's default state.

Questions:

Would this even work?

Would WG lose money? People can still pay for premium tanks and merchandise so they would still have a steady income.

Am I out of my mind?

/Cheers

LordMuffin #2 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48074 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostCremeFraiche, on 08 July 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

As the great philosopher and deep thinker as I am, I can today present you the ultimate solution to the gold ammo / Pay2Win issues so many people playing this game have different opinions on.

By default when you install this game you have the option to buy "gold ammo" as it is now in the game.

But, if you go into Settings --> General --> and untick the "Pay2Win" box you will no longer be able to buy "gold ammo".

Now people preferring to aim for weak spots can do so and other that prefer to hit the 2 key and aim for the nearest flat side can do so.

Oh and this is by no means intended as a gold vs non-gold thread, I spam quite a lot of gold myself so I would probably leave the box in it's default state.

Questions:

Would this even work?

Would WG lose money? People can still pay for premium tanks and merchandise so they would still have a steady income.

Am I out of my mind?

/Cheers

It could work, not much trouble.

You would though have that non prem ammo mode filled with heavy tanks, I guess Japanese heavies would rule supreme. No same tier tank is able to pen them and they always do damage with the HE shells.

It would also see an increase in HE shells from high calibre guns flying around. Because that would eventually be the only way to damage those heavily armoured tanks.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27494 battles

Why do we need a tickbox? If someone wants to to not use gold then they can just not load any.

Scratch that, I see what you're asking for. A gold free server. Um, no.

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 08 July 2018 - 03:45 PM.

kaneloon #4 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27324 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Hi, I don't think this will work, because it will cut the players population in half : what about platoons already disregarded ?

[ Plus I promote the "less XP for gold damage as it is less demanding" solution :P ]

View PostCremeFraiche, on 08 July 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Would WG lose money?

You mean "earn less" ?

I really don't think gold ammo is a big income for WG. Good players do more damage and have a better survivability (so other damage to come) with gold ammo. Plus they know when to switch.

Less gifted players will just play more low tiers to have some money for their high tiers tanks.

So ... don't know how WG will deal with it, as it is mostly the good players that will lose if gold ammo is modified. And WG don't want to lose good players, they probably invest more (time, money) in the game than other players.

Dorander #5 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles
What Muffin said, and some heavy tanks are just the easiest example that comes to mind that'll be problematic when gold ammo is gone. A game without gold ammunition would require balance adjustments in tanks so they're not overpowered in one mode but also not underpowered in the other.

CremeFraiche #6 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorander, on 08 July 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

What Muffin said, and some heavy tanks are just the easiest example that comes to mind that'll be problematic when gold ammo is gone. A game without gold ammunition would require balance adjustments in tanks so they're not overpowered in one mode but also not underpowered in the other.

Well, weak spots?

Players actually have to aim and use skill to penetrate a designated weak spot on a tank?

I'm all for that.

But for the lazy ones, the casual ones, me included...gold ammo is a bless.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10815 battles

View PostCremeFraiche, on 08 July 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Questions:

Would this even work?

Am I out of my mind?

/Cheers

Wtf is "gold ammo" ? 

CremeFraiche #8 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 08 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Wtf is "gold ammo" ? 

It's like ammo, but gold.

Xandania #9 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35428 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostBordhaw, on 08 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

Wtf is "gold ammo" ? 

You know, the stuff the Dingers like to throw at you - goldfish instead of a real shell ^^

peekakilla #10 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10122 battles

you may as well call the non premium ammo server, "the japanese dumbzilla invasion"

ib4 some pro tvp vtu player come in and say, i can easy flank and kill them :trollface:

Dorander #11 Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostCremeFraiche, on 08 July 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Well, weak spots?

Players actually have to aim and use skill to penetrate a designated weak spot on a tank?

I'm all for that.

But for the lazy ones, the casual ones, me included...gold ammo is a bless.

I'm all for that as well, but weakspots have been going rather than coming. Usually "weakspots" these days are cupolas and LFPs. However it's already the case that barring the tanks that simply lack weakspots and you need gold for, you don't need gold to penetrate these "weakspots".

Either way you're still facing the problem that if you introduce weakspots on tanks again, you create a situation where people in the gold-server don't need to fire gold either 'cause... weakspots. Which is, I suspect, why they've been vanishing, more costs to maintain playing (in-game or otherwise), the more likely WG makes money.

vasilinhorulezz #12 Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ps. You didn't even manage to get a qpranger's like.

lnfernaI #13 Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28098 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

How is it gold ammo?

These days,it's silver only. How is that p2w?

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50853 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

And what is in this for WG?

OK now that sank in we can end the thread.

Dorander #15 Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 09 July 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

How is it gold ammo?

These days,it's silver only. How is that p2w?

You know you can buy packages that include credits as well as convert gold to credits, right?

Not that I'm too bothered by "p2w" claims as the p2w aspect of this game is marginal at best but "You can now buy them with silver only" is simply not a good argument.

lnfernaI #16 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28098 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostDorander, on 09 July 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

You know you can buy packages that include credits as well as convert gold to credits, right?

Not that I'm too bothered by "p2w" claims as the p2w aspect of this game is marginal at best but "You can now buy them with silver only" is simply not a good argument.

You don't get simple /s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users