Impossible to improve winrate.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Thinderstix #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

Ok, maybe Ive played too few games, and are maybe hopping around not deciding for just one or two tanks to play with.

But using aslains winrate mod that tells me the chance to win according to the teams combined wn8 score is far more often under the 40%(which should mean that the other side has 60ish % chance too win).

Of course I realize that its just stats and we are 15 players on each team, but it seems a bit strange that the other 14 players on my team are just as bad as me.

So, should I stick to just one tank and learn to play it really really well, and maybe after some 10k more games my winrate comes closer to atleast 50%?

Or just play and when I die, just quit the match and start another one?

I uninstalled all those mods since they just make me sad to see that low winrate all the time.

Is it just play play play that will make it better?

Edited by Thinderstix, 10 July 2018 - 12:36 AM.

CavemanLuuk #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17867 battles

Well you have to remember that most likely the chance to win is counted by comparing Team A vs Team B wn8. I dont really follow that % too much, what you have to look at is what tanks those best players have. Not always top tanks of the match are owned by the best players of the match, which means their impact on the game is reduced (more or less).

As to increase the winrate of your own, its a tough process, I would say stick to one tank that you favor, learn the tricks and try to do as much as possible to help your team win. For me its best to take Pz B2, very often I have like 38% chance to win, but I do 800+ dmg and few kills and the team is carrying on.

Thinderstix #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

Well, as I said, Im still very new, and maybe too impatient :)

I find myself favouring the german tanks, got the Pz T25 as a Premium, so I sort of stuck with the german tankline. Might be that the german line isnt my thing, Im not sure.

I just continue playing I guess, and see where I am in another 1000 games.

TANKOPPRESSION #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41578 battles

If you want to learn how to play the game go to a training clan is best advice .

Frenzier #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 57728 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

Play, play, play obviously wont make it better, proof of that is the fact that 90% of the player base simply does not improve even after 10k+ games. If you want to improve you need 3 things, a plan, discipline and the proper mindset.

The typical player does not care whatsoever about tanks, especially lower tier ones, and will grind a tier 10 without even learning how spotting and camo works, first of all you need credits, i see you been playing PzIVC, thats a good choice since it gets a gun that pens nearly 200mm, so you dont need gold ammo with it, the role of that tank is however extremely limited, its a paper sniper, you need distance from the enemy for proper engagements, so you need to pay close attention to the minimap and learn where the ideal sniping position in each map is, all you need to do is stand still and shoot most of the time, shoot at unangled plates as possible on the more armored tanks, keep playing it until you have a good crew, and farm credits for binoculars, camo net and rammer for it, if you learn how to play it, then you learn for sure how camo and spotting works, since its a tank that is very dependable on that.

The average player wins 48%, loses 48%, and draws 4%, you are currently a 44%, you clearly are not carrying games, usually the problem is the fact the player lets himself get killed too easily, when you cease to exist in a battle the impact it bigger than perceived, it can affect a variety of things directly and indirectly. You can win a lot of games at tier 5 simply standing in the right position and using view range, do as much damage as possible and use the W key as little as possible and your winrate will improve. Do not mistake however being alive with being useful, you need to be alive in the right position, a tank that is alive in the back doing nothing is not useful, learn the maps and learn the positions.

Thinderstix #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View PostFrenzier, on 10 July 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

Play, play, play obviously wont make it better, proof of that is the fact that 90% of the player base simply does not improve even after 10k+ games. If you want to improve you need 3 things, a plan, discipline and the proper mindset.

The typical player does not care whatsoever about tanks, especially lower tier ones, and will grind a tier 10 without even learning how spotting and camo works, first of all you need credits, i see you been playing PzIVC, thats a good choice since it gets a gun that pens nearly 200mm, so you dont need gold ammo with it, the role of that tank is however extremely limited, its a paper sniper, you need distance from the enemy for proper engagements, so you need to pay close attention to the minimap and learn where the ideal sniping position in each map is, all you need to do is stand still and shoot most of the time, shoot at unangled plates as possible on the more armored tanks, keep playing it until you have a good crew, and farm credits for binoculars, camo net and rammer for it, if you learn how to play it, then you learn for sure how camo and spotting works, since its a tank that is very dependable on that.

The average player wins 48%, loses 48%, and draws 4%, you are currently a 44%, you clearly are not carrying games, usually the problem is the fact the player lets himself get killed too easily, when you cease to exist in a battle the impact it bigger than perceived, it can affect a variety of things directly and indirectly. You can win a lot of games at tier 5 simply standing in the right position and using view range, do as much damage as possible and use the W key as little as possible and your winrate will improve. Do not mistake however being alive with being useful, you need to be alive in the right position, a tank that is alive in the back doing nothing is not useful, learn the maps and learn the positions.

Yeah, I like the PzIVC, but it dies a little too easy, but thats obviously because I dont stand still, and move, afraid of SPGs. I'll maybe dust it off in the morning and follow your advice.

Edited by Thinderstix, 10 July 2018 - 02:42 AM.

Frenzier #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 57728 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostThinderstix, on 10 July 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Yeah, I like the PzIVC, but it dies a little too easy, but thats obviously because I dont stand still, and move, afraid of SPGs. I'll maybe dust it off in the morning and follow your advice.

You need the Sixth Sense skill to know when you get spotted, a player with experience knows when he is likely to have been spotted, many times i dont even wait for sixth sense and after a shot i immediately fall into cover if there is a chance i might have been spotted, if you stand still in a bush its unlikely you will be spotted unless something comes pretty close, its when you shoot, you get spotted.

Thinderstix #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View PostFrenzier, on 10 July 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

You need the Sixth Sense skill to know when you get spotted, a player with experience knows when he is likely to have been spotted, many times i dont even wait for sixth sense and after a shot i immediately fall into cover if there is a chance i might have been spotted, if you stand still in a bush its unlikely you will be spotted unless something comes pretty close, its when you shoot, you get spotted.

Well, then I just have to grind for 6th sense then :)

mpf1959 #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThinderstix, on 10 July 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Ok, maybe Ive played too few games, 

That which you wrote is all you need to know for now.

It took me about 10,000 games to start realising why I am not a good player, it is important to understand you are a bad player, this needs to be established as soon as possible.

The reason why is simple, you cannot start to learn until you accept that it is you, and not the game that is the problem. I know this from experience and at least now I am starting to learn.

No one starts out as a good player, the game needs a lot of learning, take your time is my advice, relax, all will become apparent.

Edited by mpf1959, 10 July 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Tom_Deekanarry #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6544 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 10 July 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

It took me about 10,000 games to start realising why I am not a good player, it is important to understand you are a bad player, this needs to be established as soon as possible.

The reason why is simple, you cannot start to learn until you accept that it is you, and not the game that is the problem. I know this from experience and at least now I am starting to learn.

No one starts out as a good player, the game needs a lot of learning, take your time is my advice, relax, all will become apparent.

What's important is you don't give a toss, if you let any game turn into an ego fest it loses it's fun and you end up like all the whiners on this forum!

Just play the game, have fun grinding whatever tanks take your fancy.

Thinderstix #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 10 July 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Ya, Im starting to realize that the major problem is I have hard to accept im rubbish. Its in my head, and to that, all those high ranked players that are in the very same game where we loose 3-15 must have learnt it very long time ago.

So Im slowly starting to accept the fact that I just need to practice my skills, and not look at those stats. And its my own choice to play, its just a game.

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 10 July 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

What's important is you don't give a toss, if you let any game turn into an ego fest it loses it's fun and you end up like all the whiners on this forum!

Just play the game, have fun grinding whatever tanks take your fancy.

Yup, now im on that paperarmor tankdestroyer, grinding for the best gun, and then the enemies will fear me :)

-- edit --

Yeesh, a gun for 112k must be a really good gun :)

Now lets try it in action...

-- edit2 --

Rubbish field of view...

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 10 July 2018 - 05:59 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27408 battles

View PostThinderstix, on 10 July 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Ya, Im starting to realize that the major problem is I have hard to accept im rubbish. Its in my head, and to that, all those high ranked players that are in the very same game where we loose 3-15 must have learnt it very long time ago.

So Im slowly starting to accept the fact that I just need to practice my skills, and not look at those stats. And its my own choice to play, its just a game.

quiet honestly the first step at beeing good in this game is really that ^^ accept that you do a lot wrong and could be better ;).

Once you are there and understand there is room for improvment you will get better and better :).

having someone that teaches you can help a long way offcourse, but in the end it's all about how quickly you are able to learn  from your own mistakes.

This is especially important as the game constantly changes. Maps get changed as well as tanks and so beeing good allways requires you to spot new, or old errors, adapting yourself to new tactical fashions.

it's learn and be strong or don't and fail ;) 

_6i6_ #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7000 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostThinderstix, on 10 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Ok, maybe Ive played too few games, and are maybe hopping around not deciding for just one or two tanks to play with.

But using aslains winrate mod that tells me the chance to win according to the teams combined wn8 score is far more often under the 40%(which should mean that the other side has 60ish % chance too win).

Of course I realize that its just stats and we are 15 players on each team, but it seems a bit strange that the other 14 players on my team are just as bad as me.

So, should I stick to just one tank and learn to play it really really well, and maybe after some 10k more games my winrate comes closer to atleast 50%?

I uninstalled all those mods since they just make me sad to see that low winrate all the time.

nothing is impossible :P

just play more and knowledge will come if you are patient with the game. it takes time to learn all its details.

not necessary to join a clan to get better but it will certainly help you out much faster since you will have experienced players telling you and showing you stuff which otherwise you would have to learn

by trial and error(which is what i am still doing :P)

and also, as others stated before, dont rush into griding all new tanks and hopping tiers. once you reach tier IV and tier V stay there for quite a few thousand games

Edited by _6i6_, 10 July 2018 - 05:53 PM.

Xandania #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35971 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Post_6i6_, on 10 July 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

nothing is impossible :P

just play more and knowledge will come if you are patient with the game. it takes time to learn all its details.

not necessary to join a clan to get better but it will certainly help you out much faster since you will have experienced players telling you and showing you stuff which otherwise you would have to learn

by trial and error(which is what i am still doing :P)

and also, as others stated before, dont rush into griding all new tanks and hopping tiers. once you reach tier IV and tier V stay there for quite a few thousand games

I'm still improving - hopefully I will one day reach 50%+ winrate :)

I did many things really wrong in the beginning - I kept loads of tanks in the game as I thought I could maximise xp/hour overall that way - learned I was wrong several thousand games later.

Still I kept grinding all lines at the same time (nor recommended), daily double only. It took several years to reach tier 8 and only in the beginning of 2017 I got my first tier 10 tank (in which I suck and that I rarely play).

Joining a clan was the best thing I ever did - learning, platooning, having fun, all in one.

And there is still much to learn.

I learned so far:

- the characteristics of a tank determine how it is played, while its class is pretty much irrelevant except for personal missions.

- Map awareness is the most important player skill - know where to be when, where the enemy probably is and how to get out of there alive. Also when to retreat.

- Weak spots are your friends, tracks even more so. A tracked enemy in the open is usually just dead.

- Each tier/tierspread has a different gameplay - and all of them are rewarding to play.

- many buidings have windows to shoot through - or gaps in walls. Find them and infuriate others

- Running around with a mate in a training room is perfect to learn maps - even more so with a bunch of clanmates doing silly games like hide and seek

WInrate - as long as you enjoy the game and try to get better everything is dandy. If you drink a beer to many and don't perform well on a day but have fun, thats fine.

Primarily we want fun here, secondarily we want to be good at the game. in this order.

THe forums is a good place to hang around

Suurpolskija #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

When I had played 800 games, I hadn't yet discovered that there's forums. Nor had I discovered that there's sites that collect stats, other than the winrate in the game UI. 

I think I broke 50% wins around 4-5k games, while being a total and utter tomato still after 3000 battles. 

Important thing is that you play tanks you enjoy and try to learn from your mistakes. Learn some positions from co-players and maybe watch some videos and streamers. Most of the "skill" is correct positioning, next is decision making and situational awareness. 

Thinderstix #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 10 July 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

When I had played 800 games, I hadn't yet discovered that there's forums. Nor had I discovered that there's sites that collect stats, other than the winrate in the game UI. 

I think I broke 50% wins around 4-5k games, while being a total and utter tomato still after 3000 battles. 

Important thing is that you play tanks you enjoy and try to learn from your mistakes. Learn some positions from co-players and maybe watch some videos and streamers. Most of the "skill" is correct positioning, next is decision making and situational awareness. 

Yes, I went from playing maybe 5 different tanks to just play the PzIVc and to train my t-34 crew in the rental t-34-85m. And I already feel Im improving on the tank destroyer.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11280 battles

View PostThinderstix, on 09 July 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Looking at your stats, your playing way above your skill level at Tiers 5 and 6 ! 

You need to drop down and play the lower tiers until you learn the game, maps, tanks etc. 

lortir #18 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24 battles

the colleague above is right...

90%+ of the player base don t improve after EVEN after a lot of games...

most of the times it s because you get bored or dislike some vehicles... but you still have to play them to research higher tiers.

Thinderstix #19 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 10 July 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Looking at your stats, your playing way above your skill level at Tiers 5 and 6 ! 

You need to drop down and play the lower tiers until you learn the game, maps, tanks etc. 

Well, my stats on tier 4 is just as bad, I moved to try tier 5 to see if it was less random with the teams, but its the same.

cellaman7 #20 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34051 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You can never rely on your other 14 team mates to help your win rate. Just do the best you can each game.

Get more experience and until you can help carry a team your win rate is not going to improve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users