Found a way to bring the ELC agility back!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32164 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

If your someone that miss the old ELC before the nerf, if just found a way of bring back the old agility and overall mobility of the tank..

the tank with this setup is close to how it was... specially in agility, which was one of the most annoying things post nerf...

my setup:

- coated optics, camuflage net (optional) and vents,

i have a good crew and the view range is 437 which is good for tier V, if you want to have more view range, binocs can be used

but there is a reason why i use the camonet, because i am using again the 90mm gun, and the elc takes a long time to aim its wise to use a camonet...

Now the secret... 

i use extra 10% Octane gasoline and strong coffee, this 2 items revive the old agility of the ELC back...  without any of them

the ELC seems slugish turning, and overall "slow", but with this 2 item's you get nearly 29 power to weight, and the most important...

the agility gets back... 

Now, its not cheap to do this, and its risky, i am not using a med kit, i chose to use a repair kit, and in this replay you can check that my driver died with one shot... my style of play with the 90mm in the ELC have allways been the hide in the bush,blast the 90mm in their face, relocate, repeat the process, so its not exacly a light tank role, yet, you can do the light tank stuff with it...

The elc used to be my favourite tank in the game, and i got really sad in the day they nerfed it mobility, the nerf they did on the penetration of the gun is not a problem, i have managed to penetrate stuff that i doubt it was possible like the T29 front, or the Tiger...

but man, i missed this so much, even if am losing 10k credits per game, its just a joy to play this tank again like this... 

i had to share it here, because i know some other people would enjoy play the ELC as it should be played... not with the stupid 75mm gun 

replay:  http://wotreplays.eu...e/4438656#stats

replay 2: http://wotreplays.eu...e/4438702#stats (malinovka mega troll)

Edited by KillingJoker, 10 July 2018 - 02:29 AM.

MeetriX #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19678 battles
Let it go and move on. She lives in our memory.:mellow:

Strappster #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:33 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Or buy an ELC EVEN 90 that's just as sneaky but has a turret, 3-shot auto-loader and earns you silly amounts of credits.

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10720 battles

I miss my ELC  :(

maybe I will try your setup for a round or two

Yakito #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18814 battles
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-
"you're"

Jamadeus #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17403 battles
  • [LOC-X] LOC-X
Bring back the pre nerf stats, put a P on it and sell it.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10720 battles

View PostYakito, on 10 July 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

"you're"

you're not trying to correct my post I hope?

Edit: guess it's the OP.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 10 July 2018 - 10:53 AM.

Cobra6 #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The only way to get it's old mobility back (that didn't need nerfing in the first place) is to give it back it's old engine's horsepower.

It simply accelerates too slow now meaning you can't employ classic ELC gameplay:

"Go in, shotgun in the face with 90mm, extract" 

It simply isn't possible anymore since even the smallest incline will slow you down greatly so you can't extract anymore.

Cobra 6

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 10 July 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Now the secret... 

i use extra 10% Octane gasoline and strong coffee, this 2 items revive the old agility of the ELC back...  without any of them

the ELC seems slugish turning, and overall "slow", but with this 2 item's you get nearly 29 power to weight, and the most important...

the agility gets back... 

Now, its not cheap to do this, and its risky, i am not using a med kit, i chose to use a repair kit, and in this replay you can check that my driver died with one shot... my style of play with the 90mm in the ELC have allways been the hide in the bush,blast the 90mm in their face, relocate, repeat the process, so its not exacly a light tank role, yet, you can do the light tank stuff with it...

I think it's acceptable to have a favorite tank with high running costs. If that's the tank you really enjoy above all other tanks and ultimately the tank that makes you play or enjoy playing then go for it. There's plenty of other tanks and side missions to play that will bag you credits so why not have your one or two prize fighters that get the full boost layout and gold only sort of setup, take that tank you love to the highest level of performance possible.

The only draw back I can see is that you run the risk of being torched without the fire extinguisher which is really very punishing in this game, too punishing imo, and for me not having a med kit and repair kit, in what is a very crew and module abrasive meta, is not at all optional. I don't have any tanks I run with food or oil but I might consider one or two. I miss the old ELCbis too, was my most played tank for a long time and while playing it like a TD with bad dpm was fun, I used to also play it as a "drive by" sort of raider type playstyle where I'd carry that top speed and camo straight through bushes onto an unawares IS or something and would have to almost touch the enemy tank before shooting and turning hard such was the moving dispersion bloom and soft stats lol... shoot a little too soon, 100% missed shot, shoot too late, yes you shoot the tank BUT you also end up ramming it and dying lol... sort of like a TIE fighter playstyle vs a big ship. Now if only there was a mod to give the ELCbis that TIE fighter sound! 

doctorfrag #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24497 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 10 July 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

If your someone that miss the old ELC before the nerf, if just found a way of bring back the old agility and overall mobility of the tank..

the tank with this setup is close to how it was... specially in agility, which was one of the most annoying things post nerf...

my setup:

- coated optics, camuflage net (optional) and vents,

i have a good crew and the view range is 437 which is good for tier V, if you want to have more view range, binocs can be used

but there is a reason why i use the camonet, because i am using again the 90mm gun, and the elc takes a long time to aim its wise to use a camonet...

Now the secret... 

the agility gets back... 

Thats the same as how I run the ELC, Food AND Gasoline, its still sluggish even with this but better.

I run gun laying drive optics and vents, the camo net doesnt really add much especially if you bush anyhow so I prefer to reduce the horrendous aim time as much as possible

I autoaim on a drive through assasination and allow the bloom to reduce before firing otherwise the gun trolls you too much!

I dont really get many fires and dont notice the loss of the medkit.

Managed to 3 mark it this way lots of fun :-)

Edited by doctorfrag, 10 July 2018 - 08:54 AM.

iztok #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

The old ELC was not nerfed, but euthanized. RIP.  :(

EDIT: No matter what you put in new ELC, you'll not get that combo of agility, speed and good gun back. 2 out of 3 will always be missing. :(

Damn WG! :angry:

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 10 July 2018 - 09:53 AM.

Flid_Merchant #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9622 battles

View Postiztok, on 10 July 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

EDIT: No matter what you put in new ELC, you'll not get that combo of agility, speed and good gun back. 2 out of 3 will always be missing. :(

It's called sell it and buy a Russian medium tank

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9508 battles
again another post will no likes OP lol

pecopad #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22428 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Tier  V tank running two premium consumables and a top crew.... I think its shameful honestly.

KillingJoker #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32164 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View Postiztok, on 10 July 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hi!

The old ELC was not nerfed, but euthanized. RIP.  :(

Damn WG! :angry:

BR,  Iztok

Yes, the way they nerfed the tank completely ruined its gameplay, the 90mm stoped being viable choice with the low-dpm and lack of agility

But after i tested this i realized the 90mm style is now playable again, yes, its not as fast or agile as it was with the 250 engine power...

but...the agility is so much better with coffee and 10% more engine, it feels so much more nimble (at least i notice it)

i don't mind about the loss of credits, as i only play the ELC for fun, its not about statpadding, its not about winrate or exploiting tier V noobs...

its just for the fun...

This tank somehow gives me adrenaline... i also own the ELC Even 90, but its not the same, the ELC is still unique, and the fact i can revive the same adrenaline this way, makes me feel so happy.

the ELC was my pet... and its alive again! 

Mr_Burrows #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44309 battles

The ELC was nerfed to oblivion, and no amount of coffee or other prem consumables can change that. I am happy for you that you fint it satisfying playing the neutered version, but I will not do it. 

Part of the neutering was having it moved down one step to tier 5. It belonged, unchanged, at tier 6. Facing tier 8's was what made the ELC feel like a dream to play. The underdog playstyle one had to have was amazingly fun. 

So have fun, and I am glad for you. But to me the ELC is dead. I even sold it as I did not want its corpse laying and rot away in my garage, and will not be looking back. I feel nothing but anger with WG for absolutely destroying, not to say devastate, one of the few actual fun tanks in this game. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 10 July 2018 - 07:27 PM.

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10720 battles

Tried it but not really like before. I had a bad crew in it so that didn't help but it still feels sluggish with gasoline, food and vents.

Might give it a go with another crew with bia, but I dont think it will work for me.

Tankyouverymuch2 #18 Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29707 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
What about the crew? Use BiA, off-road driving and clutch braking on the driver. (sneak in a clutch braking Directive in there if you want :hiding:)

lnfernaI #19 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28179 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostStrappster, on 10 July 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

Or buy an ELC EVEN 90 that's just as sneaky but has a turret, 3-shot auto-loader and earns you silly amounts of credits.

no,T92.

fisco77 #20 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68179 battles

Interesting, although i sold mine after they nerfed it. I did a similar experiment with the LTTB, i equiped it with food, oil and removed speed governor, added a good crew (clutch braking, off-road driving, BiA) and the results were fantastic, it basicaly went berserk with the governor turned off, no matter the terrain or incline, people were missing the shots even at close range, that's how fast this tank was, it gave me that T-50-2 feeling of racing around with impunity. It does cost quite a lot, and you get set on fire easily, but for a game or two nothing comes close to it.

Edited by fisco77, 11 July 2018 - 05:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users