Jump to content


SU-100Y do you do this to me


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

wEight_Tanker #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7646 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

So, I've got 50% crew skills on it after like a month from buying it. I love the overall stats of that Tank Destroyer. Really really good mobility for a heavy td, IS-7 gun and the communism itself.

 

But the problem is that I'm not playing it properly. So far, I've learned that it may bounce off noobs but only noobs and unlucky players. Bushes are useless. The gun isn't really that accurate. I once rolled 550 on a Tiger which is the highest you can roll with the regular AP rounds. Great credit maker.

 

But what bothers me is how I can't do better in it. First, I'm not horribly bad at playing it, but I'm not good either. Second of all. There are barely scouts doing their job. Third. I hate being top tier in this. I love being top tier just because of two reasons. I can one shot every tank smaller than my gun and I always get a High Caliber when facing Tier IV! But the reason why I hate being top tier is that there are worse players (Mostly newbies who are developing their skills) which results in more unlucky battles with the bad matchmaker. Hey, I'm a big tank with a dangerous gun, but it reloads slowly and I'm mostly made out of paper, Tier IV/V can kick my [edited]as well as usual when I get left alone. And most important, being bottom tier means having a bigger farm.

 

So, is it rolling the dice again or is there a special secret to the box tank?

 

Miscommunication: I meant around 50% of skills on the 100% crew! I didn't manage to keep the crew trained 50% for a month!!


Edited by wEight_Tanker, 13 July 2018 - 03:55 PM.


Frenzier #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 59154 battles
  • 989
  • [GOP] GOP
  • Member since:
    06-30-2010
Do you really really need scouts? I haven't played SU-100Y much, but there are 2 specific playstyles for it depending on the map, 1 is simply camping in a bush where you simply shoot, the other is playing like frontline support, mostly in city maps, where you wait for a teammate to first take shot to then expose yourself to shoot, other than that you can simply camp corners, all you need is 3 shots per battle and you will be doing enough damage per battle to very likely win more than 50% of your games, ideally you also need a good crew, and equipment, thats rammer, vents and binocs. 350m base view range is enough for you to spot for yourself using binocs. You are a TD, avoid being a target at all costs and just stick to area denial, where you punish anyone who overexposes.

Edited by Frenzier, 10 July 2018 - 02:13 AM.


Adrian_iron_steel #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14090 battles
  • 33
  • [ATBRO] ATBRO
  • Member since:
    12-22-2017
Very important is crew .... 100% with 2 skills and after this you can do great job.

Call_me_BamBam #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16138 battles
  • 382
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015
play smart

Radu_Korne #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28272 battles
  • 1,420
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013

Bushes are not useless, but you need to use bush mechanics properly. If you see through that bush while firing, you're doing it wrong. SU-100Y also needs things like smooth ride/snap shot/safe stowage. If you like playing like a proper TD (kemp boosh) then train camo first, use binocs. If you like to support at medium ranges, then go for repairs and something that will decrease gun aim time. I would avoid risky open field positions. Go for choke points or sit behind bushes in obvious heavy tank lanes.

 

I have had very little success playing this as an assault vehicle, even at low tiers they just run circles around me haha.


Edited by Radu_Korne, 10 July 2018 - 02:53 PM.


vorlontank #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23863 battles
  • 582
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011
the biggest problem with this is finding a bush big enough :( honestly, I once spawned next to a TOG, then i realized exactly how big this thing is!!  plus try to turn round and engage lights in a city map, there are streets where you cant do it probably. good fun tho

pecopad #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24009 battles
  • 969
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015
50% crew???

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 10 July 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

So, I've got 50% crew skills on it after like a month from buying it. I love the overall stats of that Tank Destroyer. Really really good mobility for a heavy td, IS-7 gun and the communism itself.

 

But the problem is that I'm not playing it properly. So far, I've learned that it may bounce off noobs but only noobs and unlucky players. Bushes are useless. The gun isn't really that accurate. I once rolled 550 on a Tiger which is the highest you can roll with the regular AP rounds. Great credit maker.

 

But what bothers me is how I can't do better in it. First, I'm not horribly bad at playing it, but I'm not good either. Second of all. There are barely scouts doing their job. Third. I hate being top tier in this. I love being top tier just because of two reasons. I can one shot every tank smaller than my gun and I always get a High Caliber when facing Tier IV! But the reason why I hate being top tier is that there are worse players (Mostly newbies who are developing their skills) which results in more unlucky battles with the bad matchmaker. Hey, I'm a big tank with a dangerous gun, but it reloads slowly and I'm mostly made out of paper, Tier IV/V can kick my [edited]as well as usual when I get left alone. And most important, being bottom tier means having a bigger farm.

 

So, is it rolling the dice again or is there a special secret to the box tank?

 

I got one recently. The gold ammo in my opinion is situational. Armour and mobility aren't really that bad but you can't hide such a vehicle.

 

Prolly playing it like a Stage II will work but I haven't tried that.



lnfernaI #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 10 July 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

 Bushes are useless. 

Uhh,no?

I've shot behind bushes without being spotted. In SU-100Y.



vorlontank #10 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23863 battles
  • 582
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011

View PostlnfernaI, on 11 July 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Uhh,no?

I've shot behind bushes without being spotted. In SU-100Y.

 

Yes, me too. i dont know what the cammo value is on this. I have 100% crew and net on mine. although perhaps just painting it to look like a house would be better?

lnfernaI #11 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postvorlontank, on 11 July 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

 

Yes, me too. i dont know what the cammo value is on this. I have 100% crew and net on mine. although perhaps just painting it to look like a house would be better?

 

You do realise I'm talking about a 5-skill Obj.268 crew? Right...?

Bordhaw #12 Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11691 battles
  • 2,632
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 10 July 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

So, I've got 50% crew skills on it after like a month from buying it. 

 

After over 100 battles? What did you start with a 0% skill crew? 



Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21087 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015
I'm amazed youre so toxic about newer players when youre fairly new yourself and would have been exactly that to everyone else in the game not so very long ago......

wEight_Tanker #14 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7646 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

View PostCall_me_BamBam, on 10 July 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

play smart

 

No kidding?

 

View PostRadu_Korne, on 10 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Bushes are not useless, but you need to use bush mechanics properly. If you see through that bush while firing, you're doing it wrong. SU-100Y also needs things like smooth ride/snap shot/safe stowage. If you like playing like a proper TD (kemp boosh) then train camo first, use binocs. If you like to support at medium ranges, then go for repairs and something that will decrease gun aim time. I would avoid risky open field positions. Go for choke points or sit behind bushes in obvious heavy tank lanes.

 

I have had very little success playing this as an assault vehicle, even at low tiers they just run circles around me haha.

 

Yes. I'm aiming for the camo skill as my 2nd. I always do that. Like it or not. I prefer doing it like that. I don't always get behind a bush until I can't see through it, but when I do and shoot I still get spotted.

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Tier IV are speedy little trolls to the box tank, but you know what I really love about this tank? Its mobility cumulative with Clutch Braking makes it immune to flanking if you have a toolbox and repair kits. (And repair skills on your crew).

 

View Postpecopad, on 10 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

50% crew???

View PostBordhaw, on 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

After over 100 battles? What did you start with a 0% skill crew? 

 

I don't play as often as before and I don't always play the Box Tank. Also, yes. This is the only "dlc" I've bought from WG with money. I'm low on Gold because I was an Impatient idiot back when I had 3k+ gold thanks to a useless android app which has an offer wall that works like crapnow. I could've even buy the boxy with that gold as much as use that gold to train crew instantly.

 

View PostlnfernaI, on 11 July 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Uhh,no?

I've shot behind bushes without being spotted. In SU-100Y.

View PostlnfernaI, on 11 July 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

 

You do realise I'm talking about a 5-skill Obj.268 crew? Right...?

 

If you read the first post. You can clearly see that I have a fresh crew with 50% skills.

 

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 July 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'm amazed youre so toxic about newer players when youre fairly new yourself and would have been exactly that to everyone else in the game not so very long ago......

 

Quote the part of my first post and briefly explain what and how it gave you the idea that I'm toxic about newer players. I never said anything bad about them. I wasn't complaining about them either. I just find playing this Tier VI Russian Premium TD top tier with them (Tier IV) a disadvantage. I can't decide whether I'll be bottom tier or top tier. I'm not complaining about it either. I'm just giving a fact of how it works and It's pretty obvious. Hence how I said that they are developing skills. Meaning, that I've shown no toxicity. If you're sick of whiners, leave them be. This was clearly not whining, except for you, probably. I mentioned worse players which means that they are less skilled than me and do not know as much as I do. But that doesn't meant that I'm special. I can find better or worse players in every tier. But there are more less skilled players in bottom tiers because they are a lot closer to the beginning of playing and getting to know the game, step by step. Again, hence how I mentioned "Developing skills". Also, I'm talking about a Tier VI tank that can meet Tier IV which is a low tier.

Maybe read the whole content and think about what it actually meant before stopping and firing back next time. Don't be so quick to judge.


Edited by wEight_Tanker, 13 July 2018 - 03:59 PM.


lnfernaI #15 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 12 July 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

 You can clearly see that I have a fresh crew with 50% skills.

Tank is unplayable that way. You got a below-average KV-2,except without a turret.



wEight_Tanker #16 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7646 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

View PostlnfernaI, on 12 July 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Tank is unplayable that way. You got a below-average KV-2,except without a turret.

 

You don't say?

lnfernaI #17 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29039 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 12 July 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

 

You don't say?

 

I don't,because you know... I typed?

wEight_Tanker #18 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7646 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

View PostlnfernaI, on 12 July 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

I don't,because you know... I typed?

 

Quit mindblowing me! :amazed:

Solstad1069 #19 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41019 battles
  • 3,216
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostBordhaw, on 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

After over 100 battles? What did you start with a 0% skill crew? 

 

A 0% crew must be a dead crew :)

wEight_Tanker #20 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7646 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
One battle. Two one-shots in a row. I love this tank so much.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users