So The Defender Caused An Uproar, Any Reason The Skorpion G and E 25 Is Acceptable With Playerbase?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20621 battles

Not sure I ever understood that one tbh so by all means enlighten me. There was all this outrage about the OP Defender when it was sold because well, it was blatantly obvious that it had all the strong attributes where needed and counted the most on a tank and that it's balancing "weaknesses" were just laughable, but why is it any more acceptable for these other two overpowered pay to win tanks to be sold? 

Skorpion G - simple comparison to it's tier8 siblings, just go to aim time, dispersion and also mobility. It aims notable faster than it's same gunned Brothers the JP2 and Ferdi, any reason for this? oh yes, pay to win. It also has a turret, a turret is King, always was, always will be, just makes pretty much any presentation and map a usable place where turretless TD's can't along with city map usable too. Compared to the other turreted German, the Borsig, well, the Borsig has that alpha but lets be honest that's a bit of a donkey gun when you look at it's shell velocity and pen, more of a novelty tank really, HE an enemy tank and if you hit it, maybe get 100 dmg, maybe get 1000, maybe nothing at all, use HEAT and lose a years credits just find a gun barrel or tracks along with even slower shell velocity, no comparison to the user friendly and economical Skorpion G imo.

Take a look at the mobility too, it's faster than all those tanks, significantly better top speed and just for fun, give it 20kph reverse just to make sure than unlike the others, you can realistically drop back down a ridge or behind cover when spotted or a risky shot

https://tanks.gg/com...dinand~rhm-b-wt

E 25 - Invisible levels of camo, rally car levels of mobility, outrageously good dpm, outrageously good aim time and dispersion, outrageously good power to weight, outrageously good traverse speed ensuring the no turret is as non-restrictive as possible, tiny silhouette when combined with the mobility means it's going to avoid most shots that come its way and should it actually get shot, well lol, this tank has got to have the most heavily soaked kind RNG match fixing I've ever seen. On paper it's armor is.. well... paper, right? wrong, it's heavily sloped paper but lets be honest there's plenty of heavily sloped tanks comparable and they don't bounce shots like this thing. Most shots are "trained" to find these auto-bounce locations and I've shot and seen shot, derp guns with HE that found the roof and sides, places that in all honestly offered on paper, less thickness values than the pen values of the HE round only instead of receiving 400-500 alpha, it returns something ridiculous like 45-80 dmg, so either wot gg is wrong or the armor on this tank is WAY thicker than what's stated. The tank itself is actually so low that if needs be, it can drive against most other tanks and be totally impervious to attack since the other tank cannot lower it's gun onto it... and it just pew pews the other tank to death, as usual.

I would give it's stats more comparable to a same tier French light tank, so lets compare it then. O look, better in every way, all that burst ROF comparable to a french auto-loader but it doesn't ever have to reload a clip, LOVELY, anything OP about that? no? right.... and you read the above about it's mobility and armor and camo and gun handling, dispersion stats? ok...  so why is it the Defender got the flak where's these don't? Sure these tanks have their drawbacks too obviously but, so has the Defender. 

https://tanks.gg/com...-25?t=amx-13-75

Pagon1s #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29982 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER
You need brains to play e25, you need skill to play skorpion G, you need beer to play Defender :bush:

CharlottePartheney #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3214 battles

Simple really neither of those two OP

E-25 lack pen and alpha to be usefull also current meta(city corridor, armor is the ultimate king, cant flank)

All the currently sold premium tanks simply not good enough, Defender would worth the money, since a tank built for the current meta, remember due to reworked maps you cant flank, you cant be an effective sniper no spot no bushes, so much cover, also unlike RL in this game most of tank battles take place in cities. Cities corridor favour nothing but heavies without weakspot in their frontal armor, Defender has a god front armor, so mostly autowin, cant do anything about that. 

When started playing the king was vision control, just knowing that mechanic ensured a really good winrate, now another world is all about frontal armor there is no counter to heavies.

Also it came to my attention that some people say that the new polish heavy better than Defender, thats false that polish thing has weakpoint on the front unlike Defender, so will be trash compared to it. Dont buy anything else other than Defender, the rest are waste of money

vixu #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41876 battles
I think, it is still comes to armor ratings.

Both scorpionG and e-25 have to be driven with some skill not to be wiped in an instant. Defender has good enough protection to take punishment.

Slyspy #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Because the Skorp G is a glass cannon while the E25 is a glass machine gun. 

iztok #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> So The Defender Caused An uproar, Any Reason The Skorpion G and E 25 Is Acceptable With Playerbase?

SkorpG dies from my T34-85M in 11 seconds by 4 HE shells. E 25 is outdated and power-creped. Only good when top-tier, otherwise 2-shots by nearly anything it meets.

OTOH Defender ... Got its front from above from castle on Himmelsdorf once with my SkorpG. 3 hits, 3 bounces. :( OFC players uproar.

BR, Iztok

vixu #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41876 battles

View PostCharlottePartheney, on 10 July 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

When started playing the king was vision control, just knowing that mechanic ensured a really good winrate, now another world is all about frontal armor there is no counter to heavies.

Prem ammo does the trick. 

Simeon85 #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

E 25 does cause problems, a lot of CCs complained about it when it was last sold. 

Can't see why the Skorpion G would cause issues, it's a well balanced premium tank, that takes skill to play well and can easily be dealt with by all tanks it faces. 

None of the above applies to the Defender, which is OP, is very forgiving for bad players and is extremely difficult for most tier 8s to deal with, let alone tier 7 and 6. 

CharlottePartheney #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3214 battles

View Postvixu, on 10 July 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Prem ammo does the trick. 

Is it really? What I have heard, front armor so buffed at higher tiers at certain tanks, that even with premium ammo you have high chance not penning.

TsundereWaffle #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26579 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Now I’m not saying the E25 and Skorpion should be sold again, but those tanks require you to be a super unicum when you compare it to the Defender

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 10 July 2018 - 09:52 AM.

vixu #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41876 battles

View PostCharlottePartheney, on 10 July 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

Is it really? What I have heard, front armor so buffed at higher tiers at certain tanks, that even with premium ammo you have high chance not penning.

only a few. The amount of prem ammo spam from tier 9-10 tanks nowadays renders most of the heavy armored tanks pretty vulnerable. 

JocMeister #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21731 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I really don´t understand why people think Skorpion G is OPed. Bad to good players will struggle with it and I personally find it extremely hard to play. Its spotted from miles away and has no armor whatsoever. I have higher DPG in both the Borsig and JPII than in the Skorp and no one is calling them OPed?

The only ones that really shines in the Skorp are the exceptional players and they will make any tank shine.

E25 is pretty crap with the new maps. 

Edited by JocMeister, 10 July 2018 - 10:00 AM.

OneFromOne #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10417 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I love my scorp G and after few battles on it i can say its nothing OP,its one of best balanced tanks these days i would say with its pros and cons and need some skill to drive the game with it,it CANT be in any way compared to defender

Simeon85 #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Posted Image

Those are the WR curves for the 4 German tier 8 TDs.

Skorpion G does not really stand out from the others, and it should be noted that it's the only premium there which means unlike the others it has no stock grind influencing that performance and will on average have better crews than the other 3. 

sgtYester #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53375 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View Postvixu, on 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

only a few. The amount of prem ammo spam from tier 9-10 tanks nowadays renders most of the heavy armored tanks pretty vulnerable. 

which turns the game in a p2w game.  such good balance

CharlottePartheney #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3214 battles

View Postvixu, on 10 July 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Still at least if one has a good front armor you are forcing your enemy to spend credits, view range mobility dps or other outdated parameters doesnt matter because map design counters those already free of charge.

Heavy with op front armor is the way to play, most optimal, anything else is playing on hard

Wintermute_1 #17 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

The E25 needs to be smacked with the nerf hammer when they make adjustments to the PMM tanks, that tank was the dumbest thing WG ever did. Sure give it some extra pen, but it needs to be nerfed in pretty much every other stat. As it is, you've got a whole group of E25 players who think the game is about rocketing about the map, flying up to any enemy they find, using supersonic speed to drive around the enemy and pop 4 or 5 shots into them in a matter of seconds. In what way does this conform to the ideas of playing a tank destroyer? Its like some weird comic shoot em' car game tactic. 

The E25 players have had their fun, its been around since the dawn of time, for God's sake WG use that PMM crap you came up with as an excuse to balance that tank once and for all.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #18 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7457 battles
skorp.g a medium tank  with 490 alpha :) .

Nov_A #19 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48342 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSimeon85, on 10 July 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

E 25 does cause problems, a lot of CCs complained about it when it was last sold.

A lot of the outrage wasnt caused by its OP'ness tendencies, rather by the fact that WG clearly stated it wont be sold again, yet they put it in the 2017 advent calendar.

NoobySkooby #20 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10702 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postvixu, on 10 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

'Prammo' spamming is not just restricted to higher tiers, i find in a lot of cases even tier 4, 5, and 6, there you are wanting to do the right thing, and hey presto your getting penned by premium ammo. You then have to return the favour or go back to the garage:mellow:

People talk about the defender like nothing will worry it. I have heard the Lowe can be a worrying tank for the Defender, and I think the lowe is a balanced tank, the Libertie is not bad either.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 10 July 2018 - 10:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users