Leffy

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

mpf1959 #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Three weeks ago I raised a ticket with WG regarding re-selling the Leffy, I have asked before, but to no avail. But, their last reply was this:

CLOSED

Dear mpf1959

Thank you for coming back to us.

Many of our tanks previously were gone for long time but came back. It didn't happen with the leHF. However, it might happen soon.

We can not share any information regarding when tanks might be back, but if you check regularly you might find it :)

Good luck and hope you get it soon.

If you have any other questions, feel free to come back to us.
Best wishes and have a wonderful day.

PD: If you were satisfied with the received attention, please fill the survey when closing the ticket.

Now it's winning the August poll! Cant wait to get mine :B

Darth_Clicker #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58947 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

I honestly expect the Leffy to win the poll and be sold again.  After all, it is probably the least dangerous vehicle among the choices.  I think it will impact the overall game the least.  After all, you will see a maximum of 3 Leffys per battle in the days after they are made available....but how many E-25s might you see?   I think that a lot of people are voting for the Leffy simply because they know that fewer of them will be sold.  

WG is making a mistake to offer any of these vehicles for sale after stating at one time that they would never be for sale again.  I would much rather see new vehicles in the tech trees...especially arty in all nations.

mpf1959 #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You might be right Darth, but I'm hoping it does win, because I will own one the very day they go on sale. :izmena:

Darth_Clicker #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58947 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
If it doesn't win.  You might be able to find an Italeri Ferdinand model kit #36501.  It is a World of Tanks edition and comes with a code to get a Leffy for no extra cost.  I would have to verify that the code hasn't been used as some people have sold the codes separate from the kits and then sold the kits.  So the kit doesn't have a code any longer.  But if you get lucky and find one from a reputable dealer then you may be able to get a leffy and some other sweet stuff just for buying the model.  I was going to do this before I bought mine a couple of years ago at Christmas.  And...it was offered for sale during the Advent Calender after WG said it would never be for sale again.  So, you may be able to get it again at Christmas.  Just make sure you are a good boy/girl and maybe Santa will help you out...

Xandania #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40380 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
E25 was on sale last christmas, and the year before it was in sale for christmas and new year. So probably it will return this december, as you said :)

mpf1959 #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 11 July 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

If it doesn't win.  You might be able to find an Italeri Ferdinand model kit #36501.  It is a World of Tanks edition and comes with a code to get a Leffy for no extra cost.  I would have to verify that the code hasn't been used as some people have sold the codes separate from the kits and then sold the kits.  So the kit doesn't have a code any longer.  But if you get lucky and find one from a reputable dealer then you may be able to get a leffy and some other sweet stuff just for buying the model.  I was going to do this before I bought mine a couple of years ago at Christmas.  And...it was offered for sale during the Advent Calender after WG said it would never be for sale again.  So, you may be able to get it again at Christmas.  Just make sure you are a good boy/girl and maybe Santa will help you out...

Darth, you are truly a font of SPG wisdom! But I just checked the poll, it's a runaway winner still. 

There must be so many closet arty players? 

Darth_Clicker #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58947 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postmpf1959, on 12 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Darth, you are truly a font of SPG wisdom! 

Is there any other type of true wisdom besides arty wisdom?  

rustysprite #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22796 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 12 July 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Is there any other type of true wisdom besides arty wisdom?  

Dinger wisdom ofc  ;)

Orkbert #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27355 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 12 July 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

There must be so many closet arty players? 

Of course there are. Did you, by any chance try out the frontline mode and had a look at the waiting queue? More artillery than all other classes combined, sometimes even several times more than all others(!).

Obviously that was a great contradiction to the arty hater claim that the majority of all players (some times even the vast majority) would hate SPGs and they never explained that.

Or that before the big 8.6. arty nerf there could easily be battles with 10+ arties on each side. (which would be kinda difficult if most players wouldn't play at least some SPGs every now and then)

I have to concede of course that I only joined the game after the big nerf so I only know this from youtube vids and suchlike.

Or that the arty haters did let the Historical Battles mode die, which was completely arty-free but was abolished due to total lack of participants. I liked that mode, even got the memorial Badges for Tobruk and Battle of the Bulge (for Kursk I was regrettably too slow to grind me a T-34 so I missed that one *sniff*)

Intriguingly most arty haters have no memorial Badges from that long gone mode (actually I haven't encountered anyone so far but I won't rule out the possibility that there might be one), for unbeknownst reasons they chose to avoid the totally arty free modus WG once had implemented.

Sure, Historical Battles had their issues, but given the bile that some haters here spew about arty one would have thought that they would have given their best (like me) to keep that mode alive by playing it as often as possible but they didn't.

So basically, WoT once did have an arty-free mode but the community decided not to play it.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19644 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostOrkbert, on 12 July 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Of course there are. Did you, by any chance try out the frontline mode and had a look at the waiting queue? More artillery than all other classes combined, sometimes even several times more than all others(!).

Obviously that was a great contradiction to the arty hater claim that the majority of all players (some times even the vast majority) would hate SPGs and they never explained that.

Maybe, maybe not. Arty was by far the easiest way to reach higher ranks and ease the grind. A few shots to cap rings while enemy was capping and all set. When attacking, all those TDs camping the same exact bushes. Could well be that many players simply preferred playing arty to playing a lot more games with other classes.

mpf1959 #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 12 July 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Maybe, maybe not. Arty was by far the easiest way to reach higher ranks and ease the grind. A few shots to cap rings while enemy was capping and all set. When attacking, all those TDs camping the same exact bushes. Could well be that many players simply preferred playing arty to playing a lot more games with other classes.

That still makes them hypocrites either way! There's nothing lower than an expedient hypocrite, in this case a arty hater who uses it just when it suits them. They truly have zero integrity! :teethhappy:

Evilier_than_Skeletor #12 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19644 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View Postmpf1959, on 13 July 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

That still makes them hypocrites either way! There's nothing lower than an expedient hypocrite, in this case a arty hater who uses it just when it suits them. They truly have zero integrity! :teethhappy:

Well, yes. Thinking about it I'm a bit of a hypocrite myself playing arty for T55 campaign missions.. I'll skip the OBJ arty missions and sell my M53 right after finishing T55, but indeed, integrity has been flexible :hiding:

SiliconSidewinder #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28684 battles

I'll just think there will be a lot of long faces once people realise the lef is not as good as it's reputation.

sure have a lef in your game now and it perfroms great, the thing people miss though is that those are all driven by players who have now hundreds, if not more, games on those tanks and usually ride a multi skill crew.

and yes I have one and if you feel the need go check my stats, sure go ahead.

my winrate in it is about as high as the one I have in the 155 55 and that one is supposed to be utter garbage.

Darth_Clicker #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58947 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 13 July 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'll just think there will be a lot of long faces once people realise the lef is not as good as it's reputation.

sure have a lef in your game now and it perfroms great, the thing people miss though is that those are all driven by players who have now hundreds, if not more, games on those tanks and usually ride a multi skill crew.

and yes I have one and if you feel the need go check my stats, sure go ahead.

my winrate in it is about as high as the one I have in the 155 55 and that one is supposed to be utter garbage.

Your win rate and results in the BC 155 55 are astounding to me...lol.   I have a very noobish 45.2% win rate in the BC 155 55 after 1150 battles.  I don't know what my problem is in that thing.  I don't have it any longer as you can imagine.  I have a 57% win rate after 3288 battles in the Leffy and just for comparison, I have a 50% win rate in the BC 155 58 after 2560 battles.  So, the French auto loader play style doesn't really suit me for some reason.  And yes, my 155 58 shares the same crew with the Leffy.  They are currently at 50% of the 6th skill, so that definitely helps in the leffy.

Just for comparison, I have a 55% win rate in the SU-14-2 tier VIII Soviet arty after 1712 battles.  I have a few other higher tier artys in the 52-55% range, so I just suck at the BC 155 55/58.....:D.  So props to you!

mpf1959 #15 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 13 July 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Well, yes. Thinking about it I'm a bit of a hypocrite myself playing arty for T55 campaign missions.. I'll skip the OBJ arty missions and sell my M53 right after finishing T55, but indeed, integrity has been flexible :hiding:

Don't be sad and attempt to dodge full hypocrisy with lame justifications, just be a hypocrite, and be happy about it.

Myself I need no such justification or hypocrisy as I will continue to play arty as much as I like, and in fact play whatever I want and ignore what any other player says about it!  :B

mpf1959 #16 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 13 July 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree, though I have yet to play mine as I just bought it. I have been in games and out-performed one in the Bishop, but not often. Myself I would fear the presence of a GW Panther in a game more than a Leffy, that GW can do great damage! 

Darth_Clicker #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58947 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postmpf1959, on 14 July 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I agree, though I have yet to play mine as I just bought it. I have been in games and out-performed one in the Bishop, but not often. Myself I would fear the presence of a GW Panther in a game more than a Leffy, that GW can do great damage! 

Yeah....the leffy is definitely a fun one to have and a great credit earner and especially a great crew trainer for your other french arty crews....but it is not the best in the game in my opinion.  It is not as OP as its myth seems to put forth.  Congrats on owning one....I will watch out for you in battle....:trollface:

mpf1959 #18 Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 14 July 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yeah....the leffy is definitely a fun one to have and a great credit earner and especially a great crew trainer for your other french arty crews....but it is not the best in the game in my opinion.  It is not as OP as its myth seems to put forth.  Congrats on owning one....I will watch out for you in battle....:trollface:

You are 100% correct, I got to play 23 games in it yesterday, and after a bit of a slow start boosted my credit bank from just under 1.4 million to 1.910,000, an average of about 22,000 credits nett per game. I was tooning then for most of the evening and dint use the leff, but I'd have passed 2 million easy, so yes, its a great earner, and fun too. It was hilarious to read the battle chat comments too, what larks we arty types have! :teethhappy:

Edited by mpf1959, 15 July 2018 - 11:06 AM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #19 Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19644 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View Postmpf1959, on 14 July 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Don't be sad and attempt to dodge full hypocrisy with lame justifications, just be a hypocrite, and be happy about it.

Myself I need no such justification or hypocrisy as I will continue to play arty as much as I like, and in fact play whatever I want and ignore what any other player says about it!  :B

I am sad, because the amount of arty I'd like to play is zero. Yet there it is, in every tank campaign. And that, if anything, is lame.

Suurpolskija #20 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22615 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 16 July 2018 - 12:52 AM, said:

I am sad, because the amount of arty I'd like to play is zero. Yet there it is, in every tank campaign. And that, if anything, is lame.

But in a way, that may or may not give a chance for income for Wargaming. Say, you've started some arty line you don't like (and dislike arty altogether) and you come to forums and read that you actually should be grinding US arty or whatever and decide that you should start the US because it's going to maybe benefit your mission grinding in the future. However the good US arties start at tier6 and the tier7 isn't very good either. Some might use some free exp. :) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users