Final results: must-have non-premium tanks per class & tier (IV-X)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Nishi_Kinuyo #21 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
There's a few IJA mediums missing from that list. :girl:

fwhaatpiraat #22 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47242 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Really? T20 surely, with the current meta both these tanks see tier8 and 9 almost every battle so there's just no arguing with the T20's 90mm boasting 240 alpha and 243 APCR pen. It's basically a poorer handling version of the Hellcats gun(also on the tier6 Heavy). T90 also has better view range, top speed and reverse speed, no contest imo. I like the Comet but it's a bit out of it's depth at tier7 with that sappy 140 alpha and 208 APCR pen, just an expensive waste of time. I'd actually rate the Leo the better option for a tier7 pew pew gun over the Comet with that amazing 1.6 second aim time STRV 74 gun... plus you can always fit the Leo with that big alpha donkey gun if you fancy an up close and personal sort of slugger. Panther is also a better pew pew tank and it's standard rounds have about same pen as the the Comets premium ammo so... meh to the Comet, I like it, but let's not make it "king" of tier7 meds, it aint! 

It's how the (voting) community sees it :)

Tbh, I recenrly discovered the vk30.02d, it's a hidden gem.

PervyPastryPuffer #23 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31021 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postundutchable80, on 10 July 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Basically a "Having fun in WoT 101" chart.

Imma go shopping, I guess. :coin:

undutchable80 #24 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7260 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 11 July 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Basically a "Having fun in WoT 101" chart.

Imma go shopping, I guess. :coin:

And? How much did you spend? ;)

VarzA #25 Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20521 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostKeyanu, on 10 July 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Looking at the stats, it looks like obj. 430 is better than the T-54 or have I got that wrong?

Cheaper to run too.

samuelx43a #26 Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Not surprised by the T30, that thing won't be powercrept any time soon.

I was surprised by the tier VI, but then again, when I played it, it was not such a bad tank, it performed average, though I am not one for lights(I don't feel experienced enough to be competent in my eyes)

Also recently, the chari I actually enjoyed playing. you can really feel that APCR speed, and it is a bliss

King_Flippy_Nips #27 Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11779 battles
Interesting. And a couple of surprising results for sure. Everything at Tier 9 is spot on imo. I would have put Conq above T-10 personally both have similar playstyles but I feel Cons turret is more forgiving with that gun depression. That's a lot of work man. GG. 

Naive #28 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm shocked at a couple of the results. Tier 9/10 especially. T54 hasn't been that good for a while now and that T10 is infront of the Conq.... wtf? Also where is the 430. Im also suprised the Type5 didn't make it to tier 10

Koriin #29 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13589 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Really? T20 surely, with the current meta both these tanks see tier8 and 9 almost every battle so there's just no arguing with the T20's 90mm boasting 240 alpha and 243 APCR pen. It's basically a poorer handling version of the Hellcats gun(also on the tier6 Heavy). T90 also has better view range, top speed and reverse speed, no contest imo. I like the Comet but it's a bit out of it's depth at tier7 with that sappy 140 alpha and 208 APCR pen, just an expensive waste of time. I'd actually rate the Leo the better option for a tier7 pew pew gun over the Comet with that amazing 1.6 second aim time STRV 74 gun... plus you can always fit the Leo with that big alpha donkey gun if you fancy an up close and personal sort of slugger. Panther is also a better pew pew tank and it's standard rounds have about same pen as the the Comets premium ammo so... meh to the Comet, I like it, but let's not make it "king" of tier7 meds, it aint! 

Hmm... I have the T20 and I'm planning to keep it mainly because every time I read it is great. But when I play it the gun seems utter sh*t to me. The accuracy is meh, the aim time seems forever (and whenever I shoot before fully aimed the shells fly everywhere, mainly in the dirt in front of the target..) and the reload is not very good (and does it even have dpm?).

Then again, I preform quite ok in it so I still keep it. To bad I need its crew on the m48 which I just unlocked.

_underscored_ #30 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 58397 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD
fact: If you enjoy waiting for aimcircle then a44 is best t7 med. Otherwise Comet.

NoobySkooby #31 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13088 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postleggasiini, on 10 July 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Type 5 did get 4th, though. 5A and Super Conqueror are both tanks that are also really powerful and more flexible than the Type, and IS-7 is just there as for many its the first (and sometimes the only) tier 10. Type is also expensive to play - if the premium HE was standard, I'm pretty sure it would be way more popular. 

Some of the results were pretty surprising, have to admit. Comet being among the top is the biggest one for me, as well as Batchat 25t being above the Object 140 and M48A5.

I think the types need the premium HE But they also need AP, can't very well be the tier 10 KV2 if you cannot compete ammo wise.

Andrasan89 #32 Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6762 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 01 October 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

I think the types need the premium HE But they also need AP, can't very well be the tier 10 KV2 if you cannot compete ammo wise.

tier 10 kv2??

since when kv2 have premium p2w HE ??

since when KV2 have moronic armor without weakpoints??

give this to Type and it can be a tier X kv2..

:facepalm:

VarzA #33 Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20521 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postundutchable80, on 10 July 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hello tankers!

I finally compiled all the results from my previous polls on which tanks per tank class & tier are considered must-haves by you the community.

EDIT: As The_Georgian_One and Thuis001 point out correctly, the polls were never about which tanks per class and tier are the best / OP. Its about what non-premium tanks are must-haves according to you, because they are indeed iconic, fun, unique, etc. I guess that explains some of the poll results, because if I had asked which tanks per class and tier are the best, the results would have turned out differently methinks. Maybe next time. ;)

Posted Image

My idea behind it all was that some players consider owning all (relevant) T10 tanks as the endgame, others view 3-marking all tanks as their endgame, or Ace-tanking all the tanks, etc etc. Ultimately, there is no endgame, except what we set for ourselves personally. So I started to wonder what the endgame is to me, and I must admit I dont have one. I am not good, and probably never will be, so 3-marking everything is a bridge too far, as well as reaching unicum status. So, my idea behind the question & polls was maybe to give me some inspiration what tank lines / specific tanks to grind for, whether from a historical perspective, for personal missions, uniqueness etc and make that (part of) my goals in the game. And who knows, maybe I will have inspired some of you in a same fashion, especially some of you new(er) players who might wonder: " what nation / line do I grind (next)". So thank you all who cast your vote!

Some observations from the (albeit limited data) poll:

- Surprised by the absence of Japanese heavies in the higher tiers.

- Soviet (IS) & UK HT line from Tier 8 and up scored very well

- "none" was the top vote for all SPG polls, but the best line if you "have to" go arty is the US line

- US & Soviet TDs and French LTs scored well over all the tiers

What do you guys think?

In case anybody wants to look back on the votes:
Tier 10: http://forum.worldof...er-class-tier-x
Tier 9: http://forum.worldof...r-class-tier-ix
Tier 8: http://forum.worldof...class-tier-viii
Tier 7: http://forum.worldof...-class-tier-vii
Tier 6: http://forum.worldof...r-class-tier-vi
Tier 5: http://forum.worldof...er-class-tier-v
Tier 4: http://forum.worldof...r-class-tier-iv

I've been thinking about this more, and while i applaud the effort and the intent, i have to point to the fact that many times the mass of ppl is .... well, stupid.

Eaxmple :
- t4 MT, 1st would be the P26/40 because of the nasty HE penetration on it's shells combined with the mobility. Matilda should not be underestimated but it's a bit map dependent, as it's slow, and it needs premium shells.

- t5 MT ... T-34 is probably the best because it has t8 medium dpm, t6 medium pen (both with the 57mm), good mobility and you can get obscene view ranges on it at t5. 2k damage games with it are not a rarity. Pz 4H and M4 are less flexible, certainly not as fast, and they also have a big profile. Another unmentioned tank here is the Pz III/IV, a tank so powerfull that you can troll a lot of other tanks with, if you can get them to shoot the hull when it is well angled. 130mm of effective armor with -10 gun depression, an oversized engine in the tank and LT perkiness in movement (55kph otherwise), makes for a powerfull combination.

- t5 TD, t67 needs an open map to stretch it's legs, while the M10 works on any map, it has preserved both gun handling and ammo capacity.

- t6 HT, no mention of the VK 36.01 H, which while not so very well armored, still is mobile, and has t8 medium levels of DPM. No mention either of the ARL 44 which is loads of fun with the 105mm loaded with gold. :)

- t6 TD .... no mention of Jackson, which fully upgraded has higher dpm, better gun handling and some armor frontally (enough to bounce 1-2 shells from time to time). Or the Jg Pz IV which has insane camo and dpm, or the chinese t6 td which is fast and packs a punchy gun that can easily go through the front of t8 heavies, while also having great camo.

- t7 LT ... LTG is loads of fun once you understand it, you can bully a lot of tanks once you figure it out, many times above your own tier. :)

- t7 MT .... T-34-1, has boucy turret, good pen on the gun (175/250mm heat), and is low profile ... great tank if you get used with -5 gun depression and how to hide the hull.

PS: Still great list.

NoobySkooby #34 Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13088 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostAndrasan89, on 01 October 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

tier 10 kv2??

It was something of a title of a vid on YouTube about the Type 5, lol you don't have to take it literally, both have derp guns and both are useless:D

pecopad #35 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23557 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Centurian MKI the 2nd best tier 8 medium?

Pantera is for me the clear winner, and the only tier 8 Medium along with the  that is funto play. Panther II  is Imho better on stats, haven't played it so....

T44 with 5º gun depression, does not work for me.

Jackson is a good tier 6 TD 

Edited by pecopad, 01 October 2018 - 04:03 PM.

VarzA #36 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20521 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostAndrasan89, on 01 October 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

tier 10 kv2??

KV2 is more like the t6 FV4005, without needing premium ammo.

Feel free to think it's perfectly OK to 1 shot all t6 meds, something that the FV4005 can do only with a fire/detonation and good RNG to t10's.

Edited by VarzA, 01 October 2018 - 04:08 PM.

undutchable80 #37 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7260 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVarzA, on 01 October 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

I've been thinking about this more, and while i applaud the effort and the intent, i have to point to the fact that many times the mass of ppl is .... well, stupid.

Eaxmple :
- t4 MT, 1st would be the P26/40 because of the nasty HE penetration on it's shells combined with the mobility. Matilda should not be underestimated but it's a bit map dependent, as it's slow, and it needs premium shells.

- t5 MT ... T-34 is probably the best because it has t8 medium dpm, t6 medium pen (both with the 57mm), good mobility and you can get obscene view ranges on it at t5. 2k damage games with it are not a rarity. Pz 4H and M4 are less flexible, certainly not as fast, and they also have a big profile. Another unmentioned tank here is the Pz III/IV, a tank so powerfull that you can troll a lot of other tanks with, if you can get them to shoot the hull when it is well angled. 130mm of effective armor with -10 gun depression, an oversized engine in the tank and LT perkiness in movement (55kph otherwise), makes for a powerfull combination.

- t5 TD, t67 needs an open map to stretch it's legs, while the M10 works on any map, it has preserved both gun handling and ammo capacity.

- t6 HT, no mention of the VK 36.01 H, which while not so very well armored, still is mobile, and has t8 medium levels of DPM. No mention either of the ARL 44 which is loads of fun with the 105mm loaded with gold. :)

- t6 TD .... no mention of Jackson, which fully upgraded has higher dpm, better gun handling and some armor frontally (enough to bounce 1-2 shells from time to time). Or the Jg Pz IV which has insane camo and dpm, or the chinese t6 td which is fast and packs a punchy gun that can easily go through the front of t8 heavies, while also having great camo.

- t7 LT ... LTG is loads of fun once you understand it, you can bully a lot of tanks once you figure it out, many times above your own tier. :)

- t7 MT .... T-34-1, has boucy turret, good pen on the gun (175/250mm heat), and is low profile ... great tank if you get used with -5 gun depression and how to hide the hull.

PS: Still great list.

View Postpecopad, on 01 October 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

Centurian MKI the 2nd best tier 8 medium?

Pantera is for me the clear winner, and the only tier 8 Medium along with the  that is funto play. Panther II  is Imho better on stats, haven't played it so....

T44 with 5º gun depression, does not work for me.

Jackson is a good tier 6 TD 

Hiya tankers! Glad to see people still find this post (useful) months after the poll was conducted!

Please note that I ran the poll prior to the release of the Italian line, hence why they are (potentially) absent in this list. I also ran the poll not to find out which tanks are considered the best per class and tier, but which are fun, unique, iconic etc. I might consider doing a poll for what the community thinks are the best tanks, but I am afraid I will give WG a list of tanks to nerf next. ;)

good luck and have fun!

lnfernaI #38 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28899 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

LTG not mentioned?

And M5A1 not tied?

KV-13?

T-43? 

I'm disappointed.

Edited by lnfernaI, 02 October 2018 - 08:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users