What % Of Tanks HP Does A Fire Take Anyone Know?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22320 battles

As title,

does anyone know is there an exact science to this game in regards when a tank gets torched? Is the amount of damage removed from our tanks set to a fixed % or is it purely random? In other words if your tank at full hp is 1500hp and fire is 50% then you lose always 750hp at least or 30% or 60% is there a set limit or random? Or is it set to a duration period, like 20 seconds on fire and always 20 seconds? Of course I am not including large fire extinguisher influences since that is going to put your fire out anyway and I am also not factoring the fire fighting skill for crew or any other buff I didn't mention if any.

I was always wondering because catching fire, though rare, is one of the most torturous and hair pulling experiences in the game up there with getting 1 shot from full hp, getting ammo rack killed and getting focused on by scum bag arty so for that reason personally I NEVER go without my small fire extinguisher and I have that activation moved to the "E" key for quick like a cat put the fire out lol! 

To that end is there actually any point in having the fire fighting skill since being on fire is actually really crippling anyway and so even reducing the fire duration by whatever it's value is worth, 40-50%? is it a skill worth having since you will still just keep burning for ages anyway?

Also, do we think the fire duration and it's module/crew damage is too harsh? I appreciate there needs to be extra damage and repercussions for being set on fire along with having a reason to carry fire extinguishers in place of food etc and the skill itself needs to be worth training but do you guys think the damage caused and duration of fire is a little too harsh right now?

Homer_J #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

http://wiki.wargamin...ics#Fire_Damage

The exact damage rate depends on the tank but is not displayed in game. The duration of the fire also depends on the tank, on your crew's effective Firefighting skill level, and whether your Driver has the Preventative Maintenance perk active and whether you use Automatic Fire Extinguishers consumable.

Helpful?

I prefer to use auto fire extinguishers and find I earn them faster than I use them.  So much that I even sold 50 the other day to help fund a tank purchase.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 July 2018 - 12:36 PM.

Emeraldweed #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10427 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 July 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

As title,

does anyone know is there an exact science to this game in regards when a tank gets torched? Is the amount of damage removed from our tanks set to a fixed % or is it purely random? In other words if your tank at full hp is 1500hp and fire is 50% then you lose always 750hp at least or 30% or 60% is there a set limit or random? Or is it set to a duration period, like 20 seconds on fire and always 20 seconds? Of course I am not including large fire extinguisher influences since that is going to put your fire out anyway and I am also not factoring the fire fighting skill for crew or any other buff I didn't mention if any.

I was always wondering because catching fire, though rare, is one of the most torturous and hair pulling experiences in the game up there with getting 1 shot from full hp, getting ammo rack killed and getting focused on by scum bag arty so for that reason personally I NEVER go without my small fire extinguisher and I have that activation moved to the "E" key for quick like a cat put the fire out lol! 

To that end is there actually any point in having the fire fighting skill since being on fire is actually really crippling anyway and so even reducing the fire duration by whatever it's value is worth, 40-50%? is it a skill worth having since you will still just keep burning for ages anyway?

Also, do we think the fire duration and it's module/crew damage is too harsh? I appreciate there needs to be extra damage and repercussions for being set on fire along with having a reason to carry fire extinguishers in place of food etc and the skill itself needs to be worth training but do you guys think the damage caused and duration of fire is a little too harsh right now?

I mostly use food instead of fire extiquisher, for tanks like leo who is notorious for catching fire - ammo rack i went with fireskill crew + 2 repair kits or food again.  it's something rare and it becomes more rare depending on playstyle. I think its fixed to a number like 700 hp 

Nethraniel #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13234 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It is definetely not a fixed value. Like said before. Tank dependent. I remember doing almost 900 dmg to a T95 by fire some weeks ago. 

Cannes76 #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66666 battles
I think there's also a significant difference in the dmg taken from an engine fire or fuel tank.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Some time ago a forumite did some testing about it. It may worth to search for it, if you want a detailed analysis of the mechanics.

But don't expect anything too much deterministic. RNG has influence on this too:

Basically, when hit you get a first fire tick (with RNG affecting the value) and then the fire still going, with each tick damage being reduced by a fixed ammount ( increased by FF perk) untill it reach 0, then the fire stop. Can't remember the numbers tho.

Edited by Dava_117, 10 July 2018 - 02:15 PM.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22320 battles

So it's purely an RNG amount of damage, module/crew, and duration based on each tanks tolerances in both engine and fuel tank, interesting yet terrifying. After only my second torching as a young WoT noob, it was such a devastating experience I never risked without an extinguisher since. Unfortunately I encountered a teammate that did back then too. I with Hetzer, he with a big American Heavy tank between me and the target, I tried to "lob" the HE derp shell over his tank... but I hit him and he set on fire, it kept going from full HP and he died and I turned blue, can happen, my bad, didn't need to take the risky shot.

I only use the small extinguisher though and see the auot option, along with the large medipack and large repair kits purely as income items and simply let them collect. Recently sold the auto extinguishers for 1.5 mil credits so they are nice nest eggs for low credit times. Thing I don't like about the automatic is that you can get torched right at the end of a lost battle or engagement in which you were going to die anyway only now you just got stung for the price of an automatic fire extinguisher you otherwise would not have chosen to waste, but it ain't no big deal.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 July 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

So it's purely an RNG amount of damage, module/crew, and duration based on each tanks tolerances in both engine and fuel tank, interesting yet terrifying. After only my second torching as a young WoT noob, it was such a devastating experience I never risked without an extinguisher since. Unfortunately I encountered a teammate that did back then too. I with Hetzer, he with a big American Heavy tank between me and the target, I tried to "lob" the HE derp shell over his tank... but I hit him and he set on fire, it kept going from full HP and he died and I turned blue, can happen, my bad, didn't need to take the risky shot.

I only use the small extinguisher though and see the auot option, along with the large medipack and large repair kits purely as income items and simply let them collect. Recently sold the auto extinguishers for 1.5 mil credits so they are nice nest eggs for low credit times. Thing I don't like about the automatic is that you can get torched right at the end of a lost battle or engagement in which you were going to die anyway only now you just got stung for the price of an automatic fire extinguisher you otherwise would not have chosen to waste, but it ain't no big deal.

Looks like each tank has a base fire tick damage, affected by RNG just on the first tick. Then the reduction factor is linear and peculiar of each tank. Or at least this is what I recall.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47330 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Great question (honestly). No clue. Interested to see if someone brings up some facts.

WoT_RU_Doing #10 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46277 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

shot_061.jpg

I think it's a complicated RNG algorithm. Yesterday I had a battle where I shot a type 62, set him on fire, and came out of the battle with the arsonist medal AND the ammo-rack medal, so I guess the fire eventually spread and ignited the ammo rack. I've played over 40k games and I've not seen that before, so very bad luck for the Type 62 driver.

I honestly played very badly in that battle, and didn't kill anything else, so there no doubt that the two medals apply to this one kill. Note that I didn't get his full hit points, as someone else did put a shot into him while he was burning.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 10 July 2018 - 03:13 PM.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Block Quote

While your tank is on fire, it constantly takes both hull as well as module and crew damage. The exact damage rate depends on the tank but is not displayed in game. The duration of the fire also depends on the tank, on your crew's effective Firefighting skill level, and whether your Driver has the Preventative Maintenance perk active and whether you use Automatic Fire Extinguishers consumable. You can also extinguish a fire manually by using Manual Fire Extinguishers consumable.

So there is a hidden stat that differs from tank to tank basically on how much damage pr tick you take. I suspect it's reflected by their max HP in some way. 

But the early ticks do more damage then the later ticks. So if you have crew skills or an automatic fire ext ect. It will reduce the overall damage taken ofc vs one that doesn't have it and burns for longer. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 July 2018 - 03:21 PM.

badabum #12 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45819 battles
I wish these hidden tank stats would be displayed in garage, like tank-specific base repair time etc.

Strappster #13 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 24176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 10 July 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Interested to see if someone brings up some facts.

:D

You must be new here.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48251 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I think it is almost exclusively tank based or engine/fuel tank based.

But it is hard to test because of RNG. You can't guarantee fuel tank hit or engine hit.

TankSchmidt #15 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 24406 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

All your answers can be found here --> http://forum.worldof...2#entry15085472

Summary of the summary in above link:

- It is tank specific as to how much damage you take (i.e. it doesnt matter if a Locust or a Deathbarn shoots you)

- It is tank specific as to how much firefighting will reduce the taken damage

- It is generally RNG driven, thus in the same tank you can get "lucky" with fire dmg or have tough luck

I did the testing a bit over a year ago with the fantastic help of many people including FluffyRedFox and Nishi_Kinuyo and in total we tested over 13 tanks with 10 fires each with and without firefighting.

Edited by TankSchmidt, 10 July 2018 - 06:55 PM.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankSchmidt, on 10 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

All your answers can be found here --> http://forum.worldof...2#entry15085472

Summary of the summary in above link:

- It is tank specific as to how much damage you take (i.e. it doesnt matter if a Locust or a Deathbarn shoots you)

- It is tank specific as to how much firefighting will reduce the taken damage

- It is generally RNG driven, thus in the same tank you can get "lucky" with fire dmg or have tough luck

I did the testing a bit over a year ago with the fantastic help of many people including FluffyRedFox and Nishi_Kinuyo and in total we tested over 13 tanks with 10 fires each with and without firefighting.

Rhis is exactly the post I was remembering about! :)

Homer_J #17 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So it's purely an RNG amount of damage, module/crew, and duration based on each tanks tolerances in both engine and fuel tank, interesting yet terrifying. 

More of a hidden stat with some RNG thrown in for good measure.

I remember the outlawed xml files had each tank's burn characteristics in them, shame everyone got hung up on camo values which we always knew were arbitrary and the more juicy stuff never got discussed.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22320 battles

I wouldn't yet risk going without a fire extinguisher though since the consequences are absolutely devastating. That's a strange attitude to have admittedly, since the chances of catching fire are, with exception to some tinder box tanks, pretty rare most the time. I'm already know I'd get tinfoil hat about the situation and read the game is programmed to purposefully increase the chances of catching fire when you have no extinguisher on board, which is actually true in regards to automatic fire extinguishers, which I only discovered recently actively reduce the chances of catching fire.

I have no doubt that I would no sooner replace a fire extinguisher with food and the following battles would have a record high for me catching fire... damn it! damn you game to hell! :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users