Jump to content


Assistance after death and last damage taken doesn't register.


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

SlenderMoose #1 Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 57645 battles
  • 375
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
When I die the shot that killed me doesn't register in the log nor does my assistance after death.
I can only see assistance after death in the post game results.
It doesn't matter if I play with or without mods... Any ideas?

Edited by SlenderMoose, 11 July 2018 - 05:54 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7725 battles
  • 4,122
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

I'd have to ask but... replays?

 

Haven't checked the hitlog for the killing shots I've had today, but I'm fairly certain that the assistance score did went up.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 11 July 2018 - 07:13 PM.


Homer_J #3 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Pretty certain bots work for me.  Definitely the killing shot registers.

Strappster #4 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

You won't see anything in the log if the tank that wrecked you was unspotted at the time it shot you (and didn't get spotted as a result of firing), it's always been like that in vanilla (well, since the logs were introduced) so it should be the same with mods. If they're spotted, however, you should see the last entry in the hit log.

 

Maybe it's the radio operator's job to write down each hit and if he's injured, he can't update the list? Although if that was the case, every KV-5 driver would think they'd been wrecked by nothing every battle. :unsure:



SlenderMoose #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 57645 battles
  • 375
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

You won't see anything in the log if the tank that wrecked you was unspotted at the time it shot you (and didn't get spotted as a result of firing), it's always been like that in vanilla (well, since the logs were introduced) so it should be the same with mods. If they're spotted, however, you should see the last entry in the hit log.

 

Maybe it's the radio operator's job to write down each hit and if he's injured, he can't update the list? Although if that was the case, every KV-5 driver would think they'd been wrecked by nothing every battle. :unsure:

 

It's every shot every time I die. Even if the tank killing me is spotted or not.

Homer_J #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

You won't see anything in the log if the tank that wrecked you was unspotted at the time it shot you (and didn't get spotted as a result of firing),

Errmm mines broken then because it tells me who shot me, spotted or not - and I have no mods.

 

It also draws a great big arrow to the bush they are hiding in.



Mike_Mckay #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20476 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015
I dont get the hit log or the totals since the last update after dying which is a bit annoying, it might be mod related if nobody else has lost them but if not I hope it comes back with subsequent patches

Homer_J #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 July 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

I dont get the hit log or the totals since the last update after dying which is a bit annoying, it might be mod related if nobody else has lost them but if not I hope it comes back with subsequent patches

 

Did you check the in game options have not reset?

Strappster #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 11 July 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Errmm mines broken then because it tells me who shot me, spotted or not - and I have no mods.

 

It also draws a great big arrow to the bush they are hiding in.

 

The arrow, yes. The name of the tank and the record of the hit appearing in the log, no. Although it's been a month, things might not be as clear in my memory as I think they are. :)

Homer_J #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostStrappster, on 12 July 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

 

The arrow, yes. The name of the tank and the record of the hit appearing in the log, no. Although it's been a month, things might not be as clear in my memory as I think they are. :)

 

My GW Tiger P got hit by an unspotted Type 64 earlier, the tank name, ammo type, hitpoints taken, all showed in the log.

Strappster #11 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:21 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

My GW Tiger P got hit by an unspotted Type 64 earlier, the tank name, ammo type, hitpoints taken, all showed in the log.

 

I shall keep a wary eye on the log next time I'm in game. :honoring:



Homer_J #12 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostStrappster, on 12 July 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

 

I shall keep a wary eye on the log next time I'm in game. :honoring:

 

What doesn't show is damage you do to unspotted tanks.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20476 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

 

Did you check the in game options have not reset?

 

That would be a nope lol

I didn't even know there was an option to only disable them only after you die, theyre there all through the game, but vanish when I get killed, hit logs, damage counters everything
 

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 12 July 2018 - 03:35 AM.


Homer_J #14 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 July 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

 

That would be a nope lol

I didn't even know there was an option to only disable them only after you die, theyre there all through the game, but vanish when I get killed, hit logs, damage counters everything
 

 

When you are looking at your tank wreck they should be there.

 

When you are spectating another tank they don't show.



Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20476 battles
  • 1,552
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

 

When you are looking at your tank wreck they should be there.

 

When you are spectating another tank they don't show.

 

Ok cheers, might just be a mod thing then as they vanish the moment I die even when spectating from my own vehicle

NP then, hardly the end of the world. Just annoying as I cant tell how close I am to finishing some missions until the game ends and sometimes waste a game in a particular tank I could have played in something else because the mission was already completed so not a huge issue
 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users