Jump to content


Are you tired?


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Steamrolls (98 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you tired of steamrolls?

  1. Yes. (53 votes [53.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 53.00%

  2. No. (33 votes [33.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.00%

  3. Not sure. (14 votes [14.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.00%

Vote Hide poll

Procjon #21 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56927 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

There's another option - I might not care about your silly question because I've given you all the information necessary in my reply. You throwing a paddy about my not ticking a box in your poll only shows that you've got no response to the points I raised, which was apparent from the start.

 

You're nothing more than a child having a tantrum because I'm not doing what you think I should. And that, I suspect, is also the primary reason behind your idle boast of uninstalling because of all those teams who don't do what you think they should. But you'll continue clicking the Battle button because you don't have the wit or imagination to do anything else with your time.

 

Cool story bro but still waiting for simple answer to the question to the thread.

If you don't want to answer that question i really don't see a point why you are still here. Just for a purpose of arguing? no friends to talk to, right? :trollface:

 

HF

 

 

 

View PostHomer_J, on 11 July 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Then broaden your horizons.

 

Why does it have to be tanks?  Go try some other types of game, see what there is out there.

 

I do kongregate and some single player games but really the way i play now...at work only...narrows my choices, most of online multiplayer games like FPS require non-stop action. Here on the other hand i can still talk to employees while i rage in my arty waiting 30 second for reload :).

 

HF

 

ps. and i love tanks :child:

 

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 11 July 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Let me give a constructive advice put MOE mode and play for dmg to get marks ,you will always feel satisfied because  you do your dmg and that makes you happy regardless of wining or losing :) .

 MOE mod link :https://bit.ly/2r8lrCA 

 

Thanks for constructive post. This mode looks really interesting, i will try it.

 

HF

 

 

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 July 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm not tired because I dont feel there are that many "steamrolls" to worry about. I get the occasional one, but most battle for me seem to run to a decent score, and quite a few seem to go most of the distance. Of course, that could just be my perception and I dont notice the quick defeats or wins. 

 

Maybe the poll should be

Do you get mostly steamrolls?

Choice of Yes, No or Dont Notice. 

 

Your poll assumes that Steamrolls are the norm for everyone. 

 

I was also kind of 'unaware/skeptical' about the size of steamrolls until i collected some data and it opened my eyes.

 

1000.png

 

Of course each of us will have different results as there is many moving factors.

 

My poll doesn't assume steamrolls are a norm but that i'm tired of them :). It doesn't mean that all players here feel the same way. Some of us don't recognize them, some of us like them, some of us simply don't care and etc.

 

HF

 


 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 12 July 2018 - 06:13 PM.


Homer_J #22 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29736 battles
  • 31,485
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostProcjon, on 11 July 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

 

I was also kind of 'unaware/skeptical' about the size of steamrolls until i collected some data and it opened my eyes.

 

1000.png

 

 

What, to the fact that they are not that common given that it's 15v15 with no respawns.



250swb #23 Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23160 battles
  • 5,275
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostProcjon, on 11 July 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I'm tired of steamrolls = 10-15 players at the end of the battle on a winning team. Either it is a loss or win. It feels an uninstallation becomes more and more inevitable.

 

HF

 

 

The inevitability is that  there are more players below an average WR playing WOT than those above it, so yes extreme results will happen. It's not new, as somebody with an above average WR you should know by now to *edit it up.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 12 July 2018 - 06:13 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


Shuddnobetta #24 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8757 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012
Strappster...seems more people are voting "yes" than "no" on this poll......  (17 to 10 votes as of this post..)......whilst you may have a valid axe to grind....seems the internet peeps don't agree with you.....

Edited by Shuddnobetta, 11 July 2018 - 10:13 PM.


Strappster #25 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25677 battles
  • 10,014
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostProcjon, on 11 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Cool story bro but still waiting for simple answer to the question to the thread.

If you don't want to answer that question i really don't see a point why you are still here. Just for a purpose of arguing? no friends to talk to, right? :trollface:

 

You seem a little slow so let me help you.

 

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

I haven't been enjoying the game very much recently so I haven't played it for about a month. Tried it the other day, didn't enjoy it so I quit and did something else.

 

Does that help? Ask the person whose permission you need to use the internet to explain that to you slowly and maybe you'll understand how it relates to the question you posed at the start of the thread.

 

Of course, if you'd rather continue to be butthurt about the other parts of that post where I point out the facile nature of your thread and poll, that's up to you. In that case, you crack on and I hope it brings you whatever satisfaction you think you're getting from it. :great:

 

View PostShuddnobetta, on 11 July 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

Strappster...seems more people are voting "yes" than "no" on this poll......  (17 to 10 votes as of this post..)......whilst you may have a valid axe to grind....seems the internet peeps don't agree with you.....

 

Oh noes, a tiny sample of the denizens of one particular part of the internet who prefer to take umbrage against the publisher of a game they purport to enjoy while hating both it and themselves don't agree with me despite my already agreeing to it in my first reply! Whatever shall I do?! :ohmy:

 

Seriously, is reading comprehension no longer taught in schools or aren't you morons at that level yet?



NoobySkooby #26 Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:56 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15153 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Yes i am tired, i can't sleep well , i think it is down to the weather, as for the game, it is what it is so get used to it or play something else

Procjon #27 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56927 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostStrappster, on 12 July 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

 

 

 

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

I haven't been enjoying the game very much recently so I haven't played it for about a month. Tried it the other day, didn't enjoy it so I quit and did something else.

Does that help? Ask the person whose permission you need to use the internet to explain that to you slowly and maybe you'll understand how it relates to the question you posed at the start of the thread.

 

Seriously, is reading comprehension no longer taught in schools or aren't you morons at that level yet?

 

Such a long reply and yet ZERO on topic.

 

Did the question ask "Do you enjoy the game?" or "Are you tired of steamrolls"? The question is quite specific - steamrolls....not if you enjoy a game because it is obvious one day someone can have a lot of fun and other day can be mad as hell and not enjoy a game. Furthermore, if someone doesn't enjoy a game at all i would suspect uninstallation and not showing on forums to talk about something that is past. An exception to that could be if someone feels lonely and likes to argue for the sake of arguing :trollface:

 

 

So, you keep telling me i have problems with reading comprehension but in reality you are the one that has problems with understanding written word and keep replying NOT on the subject of this thread which is steamrolls and how i get tired of them instead of if i enjoy the game - at this moment i still do but steamrolls are getting on my nerves and that's why i'm interested how other players feel about STEAMROLLS, got it?

 

Do you want to tell us you don't enjoy a game? be my guest but at least don't argue you that you talk on topic when you never mentioned that word - steamrolls - even once.

 

HF


Edited by Procjon, 12 July 2018 - 02:50 AM.


Strappster #28 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25677 battles
  • 10,014
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostProcjon, on 12 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

Such a long reply and yet ZERO on topic.

 

Did the question ask "Do you enjoy the game?" or "Are you tired of steamrolls"? The question is quite specific - steamrolls....not if you enjoy a game because it is obvious one day someone can have a lot of fun and other day can be mad as hell and not enjoy a game.

 

So, you keep telling me i have problems with reading comprehension but in reality you are the one that has problems with understanding written word and keep replying NOT on the subject of this thread which is steamrolls and how i get tired of them instead of your lack of enjoyment in the game.

 

Do you want to tell us you don't enjoy a game? be my guest but at least don't argue you that you talk on topic when you never mentioned that word - steamrolls - even once.

 

Aw, bless, you're trying your hardest to make it into something that's it's not, aren't you. Let's consider the context of my reply - the thread is asking about steamrolls ... I reply that I haven't played for a month because I haven't been enjoying it and it's the first time I've mentioned it on the forum because ...

 

View PostStrappster, on 11 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

I also resisted the temptation to post about it on the forum until there was a thread with a directly relevant question.

 

Ta-da. I'd apologise for not using the exact wording from the question in my reply but I thought I was addressing someone with the basic capacity to engage in conversation. Thank you for correcting me on that point.

 

:rolleyes:



Procjon #29 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56927 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 11 July 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

What, to the fact that they are not that common given that it's 15v15 with no respawns.

 

I had the same impression steamrolls are not common until i got my data with 38% of them in my battles. Everybody has different meaning of common so even if 38% doesn't reach your level of being 'common' it's still too high for me. If 1/3 of games end in either rape loss or rape win it is not much fun for me.

 

HF

 

 

View PostStrappster, on 12 July 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

 

Aw, bless, you're trying your hardest to make it into something that's it's not, aren't you. Let's consider the context of my reply - the thread is asking about steamrolls ... I reply that I haven't played for a month because I haven't been enjoying it and it's the first time I've mentioned it on the forum because ...

 

 

Ta-da. I'd apologise for not using the exact wording from the question in my reply but I thought I was addressing someone with the basic capacity to engage in conversation. Thank you for correcting me on that point.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Again arguing, arguing and arguing....

 

..but...

 

...apologies accepted.

 

HF

 


 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 12 July 2018 - 06:16 PM.


Strappster #30 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25677 battles
  • 10,014
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostProcjon, on 12 July 2018 - 02:03 AM, said:

Again arguing, arguing and arguing....

 

..but...

 

...apologies accepted.

 

I see that comprehension of simple phrases is still troubling you. I didn't apologise for anything but don't worry, I'm not anticipating yours for wrongfully accusing me of not replying to your question in the first place. You've made it abundantly clear that you're not mature or intelligent enough to handle discourse of any type.

Homer_J #31 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29736 battles
  • 31,485
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostProcjon, on 12 July 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

 

I had the same impression steamrolls are not common until i got my data with 38% of them in my battles. Everybody has different meaning of common so even if 38% doesn't reach your level of being 'common' it's still too high for me. If 1/3 of games end in either rape loss or rape win it is not much fun for me.

 

 

Given the format of the game I would expect almost always steamrolls.  I've always said it's the imbalances in the game which allow close battles.  Strangely some people want to remove them.

 

I don't see how you can solve it without changing the game format or actively giving the losing team an advantage.



DuncaN_101 #32 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 53856 battles
  • 2,072
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostProcjon, on 11 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

I will never understand people like you. "voted all cuz i could", you sound like you are fully confused if you can not pick 1 answer.

 

HF

 

 

 

 

I did that because you couldn't make a good poll. The option shouldn't be there too pick all answers 



Procjon #33 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56927 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

 

Given the format of the game I would expect almost always steamrolls.  I've always said it's the imbalances in the game which allow close battles.  Strangely some people want to remove them.

 

I don't see how you can solve it without changing the game format or actively giving the losing team an advantage.

 

I think we have little misunderstanding here. My meaning of steamrolls is when a winning team has 10-15 alive players at the end of the battle, usually such battle ends pretty fast. Close battle for me is when let's say there is less than 5 tanks left on a winning team and the battle takes most of the time allowed by the clock.

 

HF

 

 

View PostDuncaN_101, on 12 July 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

I did that because you couldn't make a good poll. The option shouldn't be there too pick all answers 

 

I know you did it for some sort of fun but still it would be nice to have 1 answer to 1 question :) I clicked 'allow only 1 answer' but i think when i started adding more answer choices the "allow" box started changing as well which i didn't catch before posting the poll.

 

Anyway you are exceptional as you are able to think three-dimensionally on one question. ;)

 

HF

 


 

wEight_Tanker #34 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8232 battles
  • 494
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

No one has done it. 53249.

 

Anyway, back to the topic. Strappster is right. But the point is. No one can do anything about it. Period.

Also, yes. I am tired. But only when I decide to play another battle :trollface:



Homer_J #35 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29736 battles
  • 31,485
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostProcjon, on 12 July 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

I think we have little misunderstanding here. My meaning of steamrolls is when a winning team has 10-15 alive players at the end of the battle, usually such battle ends pretty fast. Close battle for me is when let's say there is less than 5 tanks left on a winning team and the battle takes most of the time allowed by the clock.

 

 

I'm sure you have been taking an interest in Baldrickk's stats.

 

It seems that a difference of less than 5 is more common than a difference of more than 10.  Although this may include such odd results as a 7-12 draw, which may or may not constitute a close game in your opinion.

 

Posted Image


Edited by Homer_J, 12 July 2018 - 05:41 PM.


Procjon #36 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 56927 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

I'm sure you have been taking an interest in Baldrickk's stats.

 

It seems that a difference of less than 5 is more common than a difference of more than 10.  Although this may include such odd results as a 7-12 draw, which may or may not constitute a close game in your opinion.

 

Posted Image

 

I don't argue about the difference of less than 5 tanks being more common than 10. My data proves same thing as 38% of steamrolls are in minority of my battles and some of us might have even smaller % as there is many moving factors during data collection.

 

My point was to clarify a meaning of steamrolls. I understood that your steamrolls are games that end fast - correct me if i'm wrong, my meaning of steamrolls is not necessarily connected to the time in which the battle ends but more to the number of tanks being alive at the end of the battle. We can assume that 10-15 players on winning team might mean that the battle ended fast but there is always an exception to the rule: both teams bots alike, camping and eating a clock's time but still one team runs over the other but in "slow motion mode" still giving 10-15 players alive on winning team.

 

HF

 


Edited by Procjon, 12 July 2018 - 06:04 PM.


m1x_angelico #37 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23257 battles
  • 888
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View PostProcjon, on 11 July 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

I'm tired of steamrolls = 10-15 players at the end of the battle on a winning team. Either it is a loss or win. It feels an uninstallation becomes more and more inevitable.

 

HF

 

We all are.

 

But hey! You can come to the forums and start posting on every tread, like certain forumites do, and just occasionally play a game or two. That could be fun...



Strappster #38 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25677 battles
  • 10,014
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postm1x_angelico, on 12 July 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

But hey! You can come to the forums and start posting on every tread, like certain forumites do, and just occasionally play a game or two. That could be fun...

 

I quit coming on the forum at the same time as I stopped playing - no goodbye thread, no "woe is me, I crave attention" posts (well, until this one but again, it's a direct response and while I haven't used your exact words, the context should make it clear what I mean (clarifying because context appears to be something alien to other posters in this thread)).

 

See? Winning at internet so hard. :great:



NoobySkooby #39 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15153 battles
  • 3,829
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

I find reading the forums makes me quite tired:trollface:

Bloody hard to resist though:D



m1x_angelico #40 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23257 battles
  • 888
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View PostStrappster, on 12 July 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

I quit coming on the forum at the same time as I stopped playing - no goodbye thread, no "woe is me, I crave attention" posts (well, until this one but again, it's a direct response and while I haven't used your exact words, the context should make it clear what I mean (clarifying because context appears to be something alien to other posters in this thread)).

 

See? Winning at internet so hard. :great:

 

Hope I didn't strike a nerve there...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users