• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #41 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17913 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostPoIestar, on 13 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

I don't really agree on the tier 8.5/9 part. The Centurion 7/1, with exception of the turret armor, is all-round better, and that's a rather mediocre/circumstantial tier 9. It's not too good, it's just above average.

Its reasonable to call it a tier 8.5/9 based on the fact that its better than the TT tier 8, but seriously, the TT tier 8 is outclassed by droves of other tanks in various ways and the low alpha in many of the british lines (and premiums) makes them borderline unfit for purpose because the (comparatively) paltry damage per shot compared to most of their same tier competitors whilst the ammo cost for that paltry alpha is on a par with much harder hitting guns with far higher alpha

Which I think is something WG should change tbh, either shells costs should reflect their stats or the earnings should be split more fairly between getting a % for a penetration and a % for the amount of damage. as there are many guns in the game where the premium shells cost around the same as for other tanks that have over twice the alpha damage meaning they earn half as much and end up losing money on games far more often which is even more ridiculous with high tier premiums whose primary purpose for most people is to grind silver due to the lower crew training boosts at higher tiers which is replaced by the higher silver boost which is then negated by having low alpha and high shell costs

Sushil #42 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33491 battles
How does the Fv4202 fare in comparison to centurion 5? I can buy centurion 5 but I just need 1000 gold more to purchase fv when on discount. I have no intention to spend more money on this game till PMM tanks are fixed.

Edited by Sushil, 14 July 2018 - 11:44 AM.

Search_Warrant #43 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26434 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostSushil, on 14 July 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

How does the Fv4202 fare in comparison to centurion 5? I can buy centurion 5 but I just need 1000 gold more to purchase fv when on discount. I have no intention to spend more money on this game till PMM tanks are fixed.

FV turret has many autobounce parts but the tank has a massive roof thats autopen for anything on same level ground. the turret on flat gorund is 1000% useless and RNG dictates wether you get penned or not. the hull is paper and on flat gorund it does nothing, its like 50.8mm thick, it cant autobounce with a slight dip up, but thats very situational.

RAAC gets the same turret as centurion's. which at weakest is 234mm right next to the gun. anything else is like 400 effective overlaping the mantle. anything not the mantle is ether autobounce or 254+ flat effective. the RAAC's upper hull is much stronger too, even more than the centurions.

Also better gun handling 20 pounder on RAAC by a bit, not a ton but noticable.

Also for someone who doesent want to spend money on WG, you seem very interested in the maths and wanting the tank.. smell hypocrisy..

Edited by Search_Warrant, 14 July 2018 - 12:13 PM.

Sushil #44 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33491 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 14 July 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

FV turret has many autobounce parts but the tank has a massive roof thats autopen for anything on same level ground. the turret on flat gorund is 1000% useless and RNG dictates wether you get penned or not. the hull is paper and on flat gorund it does nothing, its like 50.8mm thick, it cant autobounce with a slight dip up, but thats very situational.

RAAC gets the same turret as centurion's. which at weakest is 234mm right next to the gun. anything else is like 400 effective overlaping the mantle. anything not the mantle is ether autobounce or 254+ flat effective. the RAAC's upper hull is much stronger too, even more than the centurions.

Also better gun handling 20 pounder on RAAC by a bit, not a ton but noticable.

Also for someone who doesent want to spend money on WG, you seem very interested in the maths and wanting the tank.. smell hypocrisy..

When I said not spend money I meant that 1000 gold doesn't cost much (negligible) compared to buying the standard package of Centurion 5 :) 

Basically, I am getting an identical tank with a similar gameplay style for much less money.

Edited by Sushil, 14 July 2018 - 02:22 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users