Is the Lefh worth?

lefh wot tank e-25

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

peekakilla #41 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11381 battles
i mean.....it's summer time, if you want to jump in the water you can do it for free irl :trollface:

PoIestar #42 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32099 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
So now OP is going to ask with every prem in the shop if it's worth it? If you're that hesitant, don't spend a penny on this game.

Strappster #43 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 14 July 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

OK maybe I explained it badly or you understood it badly ;)

When you are training crews it is a real problem if you have a crew member that just cannot be used in the premium so yes if your standard tank has a radio operator and the premium doesnt there is no way to train it.

However if its a minor problem like 2 loaders you just swap them around but you are able to train all the crew members of the standard tank.

You said that having 4 crew was a very minor problem, not like having a crew member you simply can't train in the premium. I pointed out that the regular tier 7 and 9 French arty include a Radio Op, which means you can't train him in the lefH ... so your "very minor" problem becomes a major problem.

What did I fail to understand? That you didn't look at all the SPGs in the one line the lefH can train crews for? :rolleyes:

General_McMuschi #44 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22764 battles

Radio op is not the only issue, on high tier you also need to have 2 loaders while Lefe trains only one at a time.

This means it may be tricky to get BiA on everyone as you progress up French arty line. 

nakkipeppu #45 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31543 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View PostStrappster, on 14 July 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

You said that having 4 crew was a very minor problem, not like having a crew member you simply can't train in the premium. I pointed out that the regular tier 7 and 9 French arty include a Radio Op, which means you can't train him in the lefH ... so your "very minor" problem becomes a major problem.

What did I fail to understand? That you didn't look at all the SPGs in the one line the lefH can train crews for? :rolleyes:

This is not a problem *at all* if you have any radio operator for any french tanks in your garage.

You can pretty much just dump any radio operator (for example one with heavy tank qualification) into the T7 or T9 arty, as long as they have BIA (if your arty crew has it, which it should) - you don't even need to retrain him, as the primary qualification for radio operator influences ... radio range. Just let him sit there, gathering some crew xp.

luumu #46 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42585 battles
Arty really doesnt need that many crew skills, so its a minor issue. Bia, camo, 6th sense, snap shot, mobility skills and view range. Thats all arty crew needs to have perfect skillset. Even some of those skills  are pretty insignificant. Two loaders are not an issue, since loaders only have two usefull skills for arty.

Gremlin182 #47 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 49577 battles

View PostStrappster, on 14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

My most sincere apologies I managed to shoot myself in the foot while digging myself into an ever deeper hole with one foot in my mouth.

Yes its pretty poor as a trainer I only got to the tier 6 French SPGs I did buy the tier 7 but didn't even bother to put a crew in it and hadn't looked at it for years.

Yep not only do you have to swap loaders but cannot train the radio operator for tiers 7 and 9  French SPGs.

That's more tha fault with the French line than the poor premium.

The leFH can train crews just fine up to tier 7 by swapping loaders on those SPGs that need it

Then at tier 7 you suddenly need a radio operator something you would need to do anyway and by then if you have a crew with say BIA its truly a pain,

So you create or retrain a radio operator, but that's very annoying though because at tier 8 you send him on holiday .

Tier 9 you bring him back because you have a radio operator again.

Tier 10 you retrain him for some other tank because you again no longer need him.

At least you still need 2 loaders so that effort wasn't wasted.

Tankistu #48 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26976 battles

Saw 2 more in battle.

1st one: 14 shots fired, 2 direct hits, splash 2, total dmg 263.

2nd one: 15 shots, 7 direct hits, splash 2, total dmg 735.

Mediocre for such a highly-praised tier V premium arty.

Swim_Swim #49 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4529 battles
Highly doubt, supposedly cant even pen most of the heavies, mostly japanese heavies immune to it, also doing pitiful damage due to lack of alpha, also not like can permatrack any tank since barely has ammo.

Sirebellus #50 Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19784 battles

View PostTankistu, on 14 July 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Saw 2 more in battle.

You can't judge a tank on two players who may never have played the vehicle before in their lives

View PostCharlottePartheney, on 14 July 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Highly doubt, supposedly cant even pen most of the heavies, mostly japanese heavies immune to it, also doing pitiful damage due to lack of alpha, also not like can permatrack any tank since barely has ammo.

I've played over 2000 games in the leFH and have run out of ammo twice

Average battle length for a T7 game is 7.1 minutes... the leFH with a fully skilled crew and gun rammer (but not using food) can fire every 7.85 secs so even holding the mouse key down it takes 5.5 minutes to fire all 42 shots, so you aren't likely to run out of shells really

WindSplitter1 #51 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16596 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 14 July 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

Arguements:

Pros:

- has tier 4 heavy tank armor. It can sometimes angle and bounce shot.

- it has 390m base view range. 

- It's only tier 5

- it has excellent penetration for an arty

- -4° gun depression which also makes it good at shotgun mode

- it has 3 types of shells - HE, AP, HEAT

- it is heavy - a medium tank rammed himself to death trying to ram me the other day. Doesn't happen often, but it happens and it's nice when it does.

- has gun range over most of the maps (unlike some low tier arties, Bishop, FV304...)

- HE ammo is cheap so makes ok credits considering it's only a tier 5 arty

- trains crew well, if you're going up French arty line - it's very useful

- doesn't feel that weak when it gets bad matchmaking

- gun arc is 15 degrees to the left and to the right which is not bad

Cons:

- you can only buy it bundled 

- armor almost never works because of the matchmaking but hey - it's an arty so that's fine

- doesn't see tier 3 tanks anymore like it did before

- very bad engine power, bad at relocating

- almost no splash, no stun - you have to aim for direct hits or tracking shots

- most of the time it sees tier 7 battles

- doesn't have much HP

- the gun trolls a lot and shells don't land where you want them to

- in a decent game, you can ran out of ammo 

- camo rating is trash

- gun trajectory is a bit flat and awkward when shooting over obstacles, shell travel time is long

- bad mobility + fast rate of fire make you lazy to relocate and vulnerable to being counter-batteried by enemy arty

This information is accurate and sufficient for you to decide whether you should or not buy the "Leafblower".

LordMuffin #52 Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 14 July 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Radio op is not the only issue, on high tier you also need to have 2 loaders while Lefe trains only one at a time.

This means it may be tricky to get BiA on everyone as you progress up French arty line. 

You train 1 loader up with bia and switch him for another loader and train bia?

As for the radio guy, train a radio guy with bia in another tank and then retrain him to arty.

The skill of the radio guy is irrelevant, he is only there for bia anyway.

And skills/perks beyond BIA are largely irrelevant.

View PostTankistu, on 14 July 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Saw 2 more in battle.

Pretty good if the players are otherwise averaging 100-150 dmg in T5 or less.

Or to be more precise, no conclusions can be drawn from your post.

Edited by G_Bg_82, 16 July 2018 - 10:42 AM.

Strappster #53 Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 14 July 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Then at tier 7 you suddenly need a radio operator something you would need to do anyway and by then if you have a crew with say BIA its truly a pain ...

And this is exactly how I know about it, having trained my lefH crew with BiA and only starting to play the line after they'd got that skill "because it'll make everything easier". :D

Indy_Bones #54 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30553 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
At it's original price I'd have highly recommended getting one, at the current rip-off price there's absolutely no chance it's worth it (in money terms anyway).

Tankistu #55 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26976 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 14 July 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

You can't judge a tank on two players who may never have played the vehicle before in their lives

I doubt the OP asking us if it's worth buying this SPG played it before. So these examples might be relevant as to what he might experience playing it, as someone who never played it before.

Based on what I've seen so far, its accuracy is kind of low. Those three players needed 14-15-24 shots to score a few direct hits. If you look at the amount of ammo expended and the total damage, it's not looking good. It's also probably very frustrating to shoot 24 times but land only 3 direct hits for a damage of 300-something. In a battle in which the team did not fold rapidly.

So OP should consider this before buying. Does he have the patience to build this SPG crew's skills to improve its behaviour in battle or does he expect instant gratification from the money paid because this was hyped as a wonder-arty?    

cragarion #56 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44572 battles

Yes got mine when they first came out, 

great for annoying other players,

no matter how good your crews trained in repairs you can keep them perma tracked with your rate of fire :),

range could be slightly better along with damage,

but still great arty to have fun with.

anonym_NZfB8HKNItci #57 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

Hi OP,

Is the LeFH worth it ? For me it is !

I have 25k games on the NA server, this EU account will allow me to play mostly WW2 tanks of interest to me, mostly tier 4 to 7:

lower tier play in NA is kinda bad due to smaller playerbase.  And the LeFH being tier 5 means I will not outgrow it.

You may not get top damage very often however you will get 10 k silver on a bad loss, and 15 k + on a decent game without premium account.

Regarding the price:

It cost me more to take the car, go to town to see a movie, sooo ... no I do not find that expensive.

Let's break down the cost.

From where I am the bundle cost $41.98 CAD:

3k gold costs $16.48 CAD

the 30 reserves costs $20.98 CAD (pro rated based on current available bundle in store)

the tank actually costs me $4.52 or 2.93 EUR if you prefer.

It is dirt cheap !

I'll use 400 of that gold to get the crew to 100% and will all the reserves and the 15 5x XP, that crew will train its first two skills pretty fast.

There are also some therapeutic value to that little OP nightmare:

after a couple of hard losses, just hop in the Leafblower, and you should be smiling again.

Yes, it is a little sadistic, but I can live with it.

Finally, the tank is spacious enough to allow you to carry a large amount of baguettes, and a nice top of the line coffee machine:

2 very useful things as you will be camping behind the lines

:arta:

Hopes this help somehow.

If your goal is to reach and play mostly tier 8+, it might not be a good pick for you, otherwise go for it !!!

Edited by Les_chars_gris, 14 July 2018 - 07:45 PM.

cellaman7 #58 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34296 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I like my Leffy but not as much as my Bishop.

HeidenSieker #59 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 14 July 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Anybody that owns it want to post some replays?

http://wotreplays.eu...loaded_at.desc/

kejmo #60 Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29446 battles
Yeah, spread the carcinome even more...just what this game needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users