Jump to content


Weekend Alternatives to WoT


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Jigabachi #81 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
You could have used some climbing beans, that way you'd have some nice food, too.

Nethraniel #82 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 12 August 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

You could have used some climbing beans, that way you'd have some nice food, too.

 

Mrs. N wanted plants with nice blossoms and something that can grow and survive for several years.

Jigabachi #83 Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostNethraniel, on 12 August 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Mrs. N wanted plants with nice blossoms and something that can grow and survive for several years.

Beans don't survive the winter, but there are sorts that have quite nice flowers. Just poke some few additional beans into the soil next year. ;)

This year I had some with bright red flowers, quite spectacular for a garden bean. Would have been a dense wall of 10m length with 4 different sorts - if it wasn't for the snails and the extreme heat. :sceptic:



Nethraniel #84 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Drove with my motorcycle to the lakeside again with wife. Traffic back was so packed, that we took a 'shortcut' of 50 additional km through the smaller towns to get back home to Munich. Was just fun. 

Nethraniel #85 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Short vacation trip to Lake Constance.

Posted Image

 



Erwin_Von_Braun #86 Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Tonight...................this:

 

 



Cuck0osNest #87 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13108 battles
  • 1,082
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

Hiking



Erwin_Von_Braun #88 Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostCuck0osNest, on 31 August 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

Hiking

 

Looks nice.

May I ask where it is?



Jigabachi #89 Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 02 September 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Looks nice.

May I ask where it is?

In the woods. You can easily see that because of the trees in the picture.



Nethraniel #90 Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:09 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 02 September 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

In the woods. You can easily see that because of the trees in the picture.

 

Keen observation, Mr. Jiga, as always. :great:

Killer711 #91 Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3008 battles
  • 311
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 02 September 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

In the woods. You can easily see that because of the trees in the picture.

 

no wait hang on, it could very well be a forest, or a wild part of a park..

Erwin_Von_Braun #92 Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostJigabachi, on 02 September 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

In the woods. You can easily see that because of the trees in the picture.

 

I have more trees than that in my back garden.

Jigabachi #93 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 03 September 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

I have more trees than that in my back garden.

Well. Maybe even the trees try to avoid his presence, when he gallops through the woods, screaming around random Nordic words and making weird horse noises...



Nethraniel #94 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Bought three new additions to my Whisky collection:

 


 

Best Dram, Speyside Distillery, 23 years matured, Sherry finish, cask strength

Best Dram, Glen Moray, 18 years matured, Jamaican Rum finish, cask stregth

Best Dram, Ruadh Maor (Glenturret), 8 years matured, Sherry finish, heavily peated, cask strength


 

Just perfect.



Erwin_Von_Braun #95 Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostJigabachi, on 04 September 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Well. Maybe even the trees try to avoid his presence, when he gallops through the woods, screaming around random Nordic words and making weird horse noises...

 

There's a time & place for everything sir,
17:00 Added after 1 minute

View PostNethraniel, on 04 September 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Bought three new additions to my Whisky collection:

 


 

Best Dram, Speyside Distillery, 23 years matured, Sherry finish, cask strength

Best Dram, Glen Moray, 18 years matured, Jamaican Rum finish, cask stregth

Best Dram, Ruadh Maor (Glenturret), 8 years matured, Sherry finish, heavily peated, cask strength


 

Just perfect.

 

They all sound good - particularly the Rum finish - I'm guessing you've sampled them already?


 

 



Nethraniel #96 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 September 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

 

There's a time & place for everything sir,
17:00 Added after 1 minute

 

They all sound good - particularly the Rum finish - I'm guessing you've sampled them already?


 

 

 

I tasted them even before buying. And yes, that particular Rum finish is excelently executed. 

Killer711 #97 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3008 battles
  • 311
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012

Currently? Why I'm having a great time at: http://forum.worldof...guess-the-tank/

 

Be sure to have a look!



Erwin_Von_Braun #98 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostNethraniel, on 04 September 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

 

I tasted them even before buying. And yes, that particular Rum finish is excelently executed.

 

It's good you have a retailer who gives out samples (I'm assuming that is the case) - the Wine Cellar near me does something similar once a month with visits from various merchants.

Not something you would ever get in a super market, which is what I love about small independent retailers like that.



Nethraniel #99 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14559 battles
  • 2,571
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 September 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

 

It's good you have a retailer who gives out samples (I'm assuming that is the case) - the Wine Cellar near me does something similar once a month with visits from various merchants.

Not something you would ever get in a super market, which is what I love about small independent retailers like that.

 

Yes, first independent specialized retailer in Munich, that has tasting as basic concept for customer service. 

Erwin_Von_Braun #100 Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43236 battles
  • 6,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostNethraniel, on 04 September 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

 

Yes, first independent specialized retailer in Munich, that has tasting as basic concept for customer service.

 

Decent customer service seems to be a dying art (at least here in the UK).

Retailers generally pay their staff rather poorly and, as such, they have little interest in providing anything approaching good service.

It's one of the reasons I go out of my way to support independent retailers.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users