Tanks arty broken game no fun rebalenced again

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

ShirtLessScottishGuy #1 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20005 battles
  • [CIRCW] CIRCW

ShirtLessScottishGuy- Tanker since April 2015 #LiveStreamer #Scotland #LovesWoT https://www.twitch.t...lessscottishguy (Come say Hi!) 

Anyone agree with me? Like come on anyone? If you do please up vote replay all of that show WG what we want. What is it exactly? GET RID OF ARTY! It does nothing for the game. Its not fun to play. It takes the skill away from the game. It ruins almost any chance of winning in one of those intense 1 vs 3+ games. I get into these games quite alot where I am last man standing a one man army ready to send off the impending forces and then boom, Bang, Stun and tracked with a 18 second repair time. I go from having a "chance" to going back to my garage feeling angry. I cannot even evade fire unspotted cause somehow they still find me. Still shoot me. And its so annoying I can't even think. I put so much into this game and yet I still rarely find myself smiling. 

Is arty good for the game? In my eyes no. Me and a few allies will be holding a flank strong united as a team, some guys/girls I have never met standing strong. But then out of no where 3 arty shells come bombing in and one guy goes back to the garage the other is spamming the ever loving hell out of the mini map where the shot came from. Where our arty will do nothing he is to busy killing the enemy tanks doing the same as us. Theres no sport in it. No matter how skilfully positioned I am, no matter how thick my armour is. Arty is there to screw it up, but clicking on me. I could clearly be the better player but arty doesn't need skill they just point and shoot, simple as that. 

What good does arty do? Support? Sure makes my life easier when im not being lit up by enemy arty but at what cost? The enjoyment of the game the other player is feeling. I dont get a kick out of perma tracking a enemy tank that cant fire back at me. I dont get a kick out of playing OP 252U's, OBJ268v4's, OBJ430/430Us' and so on. Thats why there some of my less played tanks (not including the tanks I dont actually own.) I want to see a game where people all hold a fair chance at the start if battle. Im not saying a Centurion 1 should kill a Maus. Because a Maus is clearly the better tank. So if I was in a Maus I wouldn't get a kick out of absolutely ROFLstomping a Cent1 I would do it because thats how the game goes. Just like in arty, I have maybe 300 games total in arty and I have never found it fun shooting people from across the map where they cant see me but I can see them. As for "Stopping camping" arty isnt focusing that Strv103b at the back its focusing that IS7 at the front. Who is pushing to the artys allies. But rather than the IS7 having a fair chance arty will start shaving away his hit points and stunning him until his tank is worthless and can't do damage. I don't know about you but I don't want to hide in the arty shadow the whole game. I want to be upfront flanking the enemy tank or using my armour to skillfully block damage. 

If arty was removed? The game would be more about tanking than about who can hide the longest from arty. No longer would we be on our last 100 hp and out of nowhere like magic boom you're dead goodbye, glad you had fun, k thx bye! Instead I would use that 100hp to risk it all and keep pushing on. Hoping to do just enough damage to get that next mark. Instead of having my game come to a abrupt end. 

So to sum up, I really hate arty. I truly hate it beyond description. Just like a T-67 seal clubber I hate them with such a passion it makes me physically euphoric just to get to damage them, but it looks more like me hiding because I have no choice. WG if your listening do us a favour a small kind favour. Go to the test server lock all arty in the game (excluding prem arty) and just let us try it. Just try and see how it goes, who knows maybe it will be horrible and we will be begging for arty back. Could also be so much fun that your player basis doubles. I have had friends from a long time ago that left the game and came back asking me. (Is arty still really bad) Ill say yes and then they leave because the do not want to deal with that. Can you blame them? I wish I could leave but with the amount of money I put into this game I can't just leave. 

I need some people to agree with me, lets show WG this. Maybe just maybe the will run a few days or a week on the test server with no arty. Also the mm issue would be alot easier nothing makes me more angry than being in my new Centurion 5/1 just to be hit for 1000 HP by a T92. 

Please Wargaming try this I know my little voice means nothing but I am at the limit. I can't keep playing this if it isnt going to get better, only worse. 

Good bye and good night.   

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I have no issue with arty and if one really hates arty than they should go play Blitz where there isn't any and is a bit easier for people but than again after seeing the leffy as the winner of the vote, i guess arty is not hated as much as people make out to be 

Graeme0 #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24873 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

Wow such a new perspecive, OP doesn't like anything that can damage in battle and come on here to whine about it

Must have hated the 20 of his own arty he has played and grind to tier 10 INCLUDING THE CGC.

Hates the T67 "seal clubber"??? Took him 115 battles to figure that one out.

Also has a large number of derp and seal clubbing tanks including deathstar, skorp G, 4005 and a massive amount of others in lower tiers....

What a whiny little hypocrite with a duplicate post

SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Followed your Twitch btw OP :)

Mko #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Arty always was a problem.

Though in the current meta with so many superheavies, it may actually be necessary.

Emeraldweed #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10427 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

How to promote your stuff to get viewers on twitch: 

Step1: Go to the general forums where most of the people are

Step2: Post a whine thread about a sensitive subject, aka arty etc

Step3: ?????????????????????

Step4: Success!

NickMustaine #7 Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

• 210 battles
Hello guys, 

I have to close this thread. Use the Big SPG Discussion if you want to talk about artillery. 

Have a nice day! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users