A solution to get rid of "toxic" players.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

CremeFraiche #1 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I heard of a game (forgot which one) that dealt with cheaters in a creative way.

Instead of banning them the MM made sure to only pit cheaters against cheater and hilarity surely must have ensued.

Why not deal with the toxic players in a similar manner?

After a player have been added to other players blacklist / reported list for, say 100 times they are flagged as toxic and hence

they now belong to the toxic MM pool.

They will linger in this state for a week, not being able to message regular players.

Either you just leave them there, allowing them to curse away, ping the map into oblivion, block the view of other players and continue the business as usual.

Even bring back cross talk chat for maximum effect.

Or, there could be an untoxification-script running, transforming everything they write in chat, no matter what, to exceedingly cute and lovable phrases.

Also, the in game music will be more cheerful and uplifting, no more dramatic music to entice bad behavior.

Eventually after being sent to this "purgatory" for a number of times the toxic players will become much more enlightened and after some time they will be welcomed back to the non-toxic side of the community.

Clearly there cannot be any downside to this brilliant idea?

Edited by CremeFraiche, 14 July 2018 - 05:19 PM.

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Better get rid of the players who cause the toxicity. 

shane73tank #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28153 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Clearly

Nazgarth #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-
I agree, XVM users are terrible human beings

Edited by Nazgarth, 14 July 2018 - 05:39 PM.

malachi6 #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49911 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 14 July 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Better get rid of the players who cause the toxicity. 

Yet more proof that some things need to be thought about for more than 1 second.  

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11034 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I love your idea. Usually I'm one of the few players using the in game chat. I would like to be in more matches were players actually communicate (be it in a friendly or unfriendly way)

Indy_Bones #7 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostCremeFraiche, on 14 July 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

After a player have been added to other players blacklist / reported list for, say 100 times they are flagged as toxic and hence they now belong to the toxic MM pool.

What an awful suggestion.

I've seen and heard of players being reported for all sorts of nonsense, which includes things like simply playing an SPG, killing someone that someone else apparently wanted to kill, being the wrong 'colour' in XVM, for not capping, for capping, for camping, for not camping, for suicide scouting, for not suicide scouting etc ad nauseum.

Maybe if WG were more stringent on allowing genuine reports to be filed with clear and full evidence of players breaking the rules, instead of giving you the usual copy-pasta response that the all-powerful in-game system is already dealing with your complaint (which in most cases it's doing jack all) we might get somewhere. I recently sent in a full and clear replay of a guy deliberately blocking the gun barrels of allied SPG players so they would cause teamdamage when firing, and customer service weren't interested in the slightest, so the idea that people could be put on some sort of 'toxic' server based on spurious reporting will cut no ice with me tbh.

m1x_angelico #8 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22473 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

It's a funny proposal and it might work. Don't agree with someone getting flagged by being reported 100 times, cause 2 clans can do this to opposing clan players, but some mechanism can be made to be sure.

Block Quote

Or, there could be an untoxification-script running, transforming everything they write in chat, no matter what, to exceedingly cute and lovable phrases.

Like "*edit you" turns to "I love my mom" or "I love kittens" Hahahah that would be hilarious.

Also, bring back the global chat, we want to speak to our enemies.

View PostNazgarth, on 14 July 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

I agree, XVM users are terrible human beings

We think the same about non-XVM users.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 14 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Long_Range_Sniper #9 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 32589 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostCremeFraiche, on 14 July 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

After a player have been added to other players blacklist / reported list for, say 100 times they are flagged as toxic and hence

What if say the playerbase simply decided to report you if you were from one of the known statpadding clans like T-D-U simply on that basis?

CremeFraiche #10 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIndy_Bones, on 14 July 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

What an awful suggestion.

I've seen and heard of players being reported for all sorts of nonsense, which includes things like simply playing an SPG, killing someone that someone else apparently wanted to kill, being the wrong 'colour' in XVM, for not capping, for capping, for camping, for not camping, for suicide scouting, for not suicide scouting etc ad nauseum.

Maybe if WG were more stringent on allowing genuine reports to be filed with clear and full evidence of players breaking the rules, instead of giving you the usual copy-pasta response that the all-powerful in-game system is already dealing with your complaint (which in most cases it's doing jack all) we might get somewhere. I recently sent in a full and clear replay of a guy deliberately blocking the gun barrels of allied SPG players so they would cause teamdamage when firing, and customer service weren't interested in the slightest, so the idea that people could be put on some sort of 'toxic' server based on spurious reporting will cut no ice with me tbh.

I'm simply throwing out an idea, I let the clever people find out how to best implement it :)

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 14 July 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

What if say the playerbase simply decided to report you if you were from one of the known statpadding clans like T-D-U simply on that basis?

As all people know, no one in WJDE or T-D-U ever speaks a toxic word, so WG would rightfully ignore such a silly report :great:

Stalpanter #11 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7006 battles
I got 3k battles, I never seen a single cheater. You sure it aint one of your brain ghosts? Or you are just one those bad losers who blame your failure on game instead on yourself?

Nazgarth #12 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postm1x_angelico, on 14 July 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

We think the same about non-XVM users.

Some people can't help being stupid, its true.

Nazgarth #13 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View PostStalpanter, on 14 July 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

I got 3k battles, I never seen a single cheater. You sure it aint one of your brain ghosts? Or you are just one those bad losers who blame your failure on game instead on yourself?

You have 5.6k battles.

You clearly didn't even read the OP properly.

Edited by Nazgarth, 14 July 2018 - 06:18 PM.

cragarion #14 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44034 battles

View PostCremeFraiche, on 14 July 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I heard of a game (forgot which one) that dealt with cheaters in a creative way.

Instead of banning them the MM made sure to only pit cheaters against cheater and hilarity surely must have ensued.

They will linger in this state for a week, not being able to message regular players.

Either you just leave them there, allowing them to curse away, ping the map into oblivion, block the view of other players and continue the business as usual.

Also, the in game music will be more cheerful and uplifting, no more dramatic music to entice bad behavior.

Eventually after being sent to this "purgatory" for a number of times the toxic players will become much more enlightened and after some time they will be welcomed back to the non-toxic side of the community.

They already do this,

they hand out chat banns left right and centre,

from an hour to 7 days possibly longer,

longest i have received is 7 days for telling bleeping bleeping bleep bleep bleeps exactly what i thought of them :(.

Edited by cragarion, 14 July 2018 - 06:34 PM.

Enforcer1975 #15 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmalachi6, on 14 July 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yet more proof that some things need to be thought about for more than 1 second.  

Why so? If there is no reason to get angry then there is no toxicity. But people will always be people and triggered by any minor reason...especially special snowflakes. 

Jigabachi #16 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
No need to play around. Mute them, ban them and be done with it. If we had working measures against all those players already, it would be an option. But not in our situation with WG not caring at all. 

enu_ #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22576 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
https://www.pcgamer....x-toxicity-ban/

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You're right sir, a brilliant idea.

:great:

_snowfIake__ #19 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26606 battles
There are no toxic players in this game. True toxic players like me are long gone. If you see a toxic player it's just a non toxic player that had enough.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

Nice idea. But with player numbers continuing to drop, they'd be none left lol 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users